2020 Transfer Thread | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

2020 Transfer Thread

EDIT: #1 recruit in 2022 class Spallina is!

hopefully we can bring in Spallina the #1 recruit in 2021 to offset the O'Neil and Sowers tandem. Hiltz and Spallina, one can dream!

The kid from Niskayuna is going to be a top recruit also (2022). I believe he'll be pared with Spallina this summer. I assume Syracuse will be on him, but Nisky kids have gone all over, and he's originally from LI.

Heard a rumour that Teat is considering joining Milliman at Hopkins.

Hmm, obviously that makes sense given connections, and Teat + a healthy Epstein would be a scary matchup, but the rest of the team needs upgrades all over the place. Maybe they take advantage of the portal with multiple players, but if Teat is really serious about getting a title, I don't think he should look to Hopkins for it.

This guy is a vacuum! 92 groundballs in one season! Could use him on our wings.

Mitch Wykoff | Gettysburg
Mitch is a spectacular defenseman with an incredibly versatile skillset. The Bullets staff uses him on the wings of face-offs, he has the green light in transition, as well as the trust of the staff to cover the number one dodging threat of their opponent. In 2019, Wykoff picked up 92 groundballs, had 23 caused turnovers and logged nine goals on 10 shots on cage. Reaching these numbers statistically is impressive, but when you factor in that he was also tasked with guarding the opponent's No. 1 guy, the numbers are even more alarming. He was named a USILA All-American, and had high expectations for his 2020 season; through six games Wykoff tallied 37 GBs.

This guy is a vacuum! 92 groundballs in one season! Could use him on our wings.

Mitch Wykoff | Gettysburg
Mitch is a spectacular defenseman with an incredibly versatile skillset. The Bullets staff uses him on the wings of face-offs, he has the green light in transition, as well as the trust of the staff to cover the number one dodging threat of their opponent. In 2019, Wykoff picked up 92 groundballs, had 23 caused turnovers and logged nine goals on 10 shots on cage. Reaching these numbers statistically is impressive, but when you factor in that he was also tasked with guarding the opponent's No. 1 guy, the numbers are even more alarming. He was named a USILA All-American, and had high expectations for his 2020 season; through six games Wykoff tallied 37 GBs.

Wow... you'd think he was a FOGO with that many GBs!

Interesting development.

This kinda seems to confirm that Bernhardt is gone. Feel like he would still compete heavily with the younger demaio, maltz, and Kyle long for mins no matter what. If Bernhardt is back then this makes no sense at all to me.

Tillman is a collector of fine talent.

He has no conscious nor seemingly any limits to transfers

Your move Orange.

The list be dwindling

This kinda seems to confirm that Bernhardt is gone. Feel like he would still compete heavily with the younger demaio, maltz, and Kyle long for mins no matter what. If Bernhardt is back then this makes no sense at all to me.

Brown can also play midfield so maybe they’ve sold him on that? Stumped on how Tillman just brings in all these players year after year.

Seems like Morrill, Holden and Yorke are the top offensive players available. I have to say I am less certain that Desko will bring in a transfer. There has to be some sort of trade off with bringing back so many 5th year players. Plus they bring back all starters in general so unless a super star becomes available, I think it’s a tough sell to the rest of the team.

Again I think Cook is the guy who is the weakest link and most likely to lose his spot, and that replacement might be Hiltz? On paper that seems like a pretty good trade off. Maybe Desko is thinking about this very differently, but I’d be surprised if they add anyone new. Is Holden worth benching Cook and Hiltz for?

edit - I left out Sundown and Bertrand who, in a normal year, would be a good match for SU.

Last edited:
It does make it seem a little more likely that Bernhardt isn't returning. Although, it could just be Tillman insuring himself against the possibility of it happening with an experienced player.

I think it might be more: Long, Maltz, and Brennan that he challenges.

It does make it seem a little more likely that Bernhardt isn't returning. Although, it could just be Tillman insuring himself against the possibility of it happening with an experienced player.

I think it might be more: Long, Maltz, and Brennan that he challenges.
I guess I don’t get why Brown would want to enter that situation as a 5th year, especially if Bernhardt returns. Spend your last year far from guaranteed to even see the field? Demaio Wisnauskas Fairman and Bernhardt (if he returns) are 100% locks. Then there’s like another 5 guys who could very well be better than he is and beat him out. More odd to me that Brown wanted this than that Tillman offered.

I guess I don’t get why Brown would want to enter that situation as a 5th year, especially if Bernhardt returns. Spend your last year far from guaranteed to even see the field? Demaio Wisnauskas Fairman and Bernhardt (if he returns) are 100% locks. Then there’s like another 5 guys who could very well be better than he is and beat him out. More odd to me that Brown wanted this than that Tillman offered.

Bernhardt has to be gone or they talked him into playing middie. Like you said doesn't seem to be a great fit if he isn't replacing someone

He is one of the faster players in space.. Underrated, productive wherever placed. Believe he was moved to attack by Colgate just last year. Think he'll be 1st mid line for Transfer U

Maybe he wants to play on a team that is competing for the NCAA title.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom