2020 USMNT Thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2020 USMNT Thread

I agree, I am not fully sure where the minutes would come for him.

I guess it's only a loan. If they aren't gonna play him, they aren't gonna pay for him at the end of the year. There are worse places a 22 year old could spend a year of development though.

Agree on your last sentence. I do hope Soton comes through for him. Playing a 4-3-3 with Romeu and Ward-Prowse I think would be a good move. The Saints are rising fast.

This is the biggest reason to be optimistic our young talent is getting onto Champions League squads.

I just cringe at the leadership of the USSF and the manager of this team gives absolutely no confidence.
The less reliant we are on MLS for the top of the roster the better chance we have to grow as a soccer country.

This is the biggest reason to be optimistic our young talent is getting onto Champions League squads.

I just cringe at the leadership of the USSF and the manager of this team gives absolutely no confidence.
The less reliant we are on MLS for the top of the roster the better chance we have to grow as a soccer country.

If MLS/USSF decided to change their rules to be in-line with global standards (training compensation, solidarity fees etc) it would really help. But I agree with you honestly the rise in talent is coming in spite of a culture and system working against them, which is pretty wild.

Joe Scally going to a UCL club in Glad'bach as well.

I'm also loving Matt Turner right now. I could see him making a European move if he keeps this season up. I wouldn't be surprise if he eventually makes our top-3 keepers.

Hate being the guy to go back-to-back in posts.

But I just saw the highlights of John Cordoso's game last night; an 18 year old starting for the team at the top of the table in Brazil.

In my expert opinion -- after seeing a grainy, two-minute highlight while eating lunch -- I feel like if Berhalter could have molded a central midfielder to his specifications, this would be it.

I remember he was gonna be a camp cupcake participant, but we obviously got shut down due to COVID. Another to keep an eye on.

Another solid young American getting European looks. Apparently Man United has kicked the tires and a lot of Italian clubs interested because he holds an Italian passport. He’s transitioned to a #6 role and is a true box to box threat and great athlete.

Another solid young American getting European looks. Apparently Man United has kicked the tires and a lot of Italian clubs interested because he holds an Italian passport. He’s transitioned to a #6 role and is a true box to box threat and great athlete.

I'm loving watching Busio blow-up. I've been following him pretty closely for a few years now. I feel a bit like Nostradamus!

Joe Scally going to a UCL club in Glad'bach as well.

I'm also loving Matt Turner right now. I could see him making a European move if he keeps this season up. I wouldn't be surprise if he eventually makes our top-3 keepers.
Now

Just need a coaching staff and leadership to help develop and maximize the potential, and to continue to foster growth in the younger ranks to back fill as these guys get older

Hate being the guy to go back-to-back in posts.

But I just saw the highlights of John Cordoso's game last night; an 18 year old starting for the team at the top of the table in Brazil.

In my expert opinion -- after seeing a grainy, two-minute highlight while eating lunch -- I feel like if Berhalter could have molded a central midfielder to his specifications, this would be it.

I remember he was gonna be a camp cupcake participant, but we obviously got shut down due to COVID. Another to keep an eye on.

Berhalter has mentioned him quite a few times. It sounds like he's being fast-tracked to the senior US team.

Chris Richards played for Bayern in the Bundesliga today.

granted it was in an 8-0 rout, but still!!!

Dortmund rolling out a front three worth $300m. It's nuts.
Feels like half of the promising young talent in Europe keeps coming through Germany. The kids are realizing Bundesliga clubs will actually play them. I hope more and more American youths head there.

I was never sold on Aaronson, but this is a nice move for a 19/20 year-old.

Watched the Sampdoria game. Played within himself. Got caught in a possession a couple of times. Had to be a bit nerve-wracking being on the same field with CR7, Cuadrado, Bonucci, Chiellini etc. for the first time.

Will try to watch the Roma game this week to see progression.

Watched the Sampdoria game. Played within himself. Got caught in a possession a couple of times. Had to be a bit nerve-wracking being on the same field with CR7, Cuadrado, Bonucci, Chiellini etc. for the first time.

Will try to watch the Roma game this week to see progression.

Not a great game for him. Roma controlled the midfield all game. Weston's passes weren't crisp, hit a few lazy balls, got caught out of position on a counter attack goal, and overall seemed half a step behind from where he was last game.

I thought he was the obvious early sub.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom