2020 USMNT Thread

NailstheCusefan12

All Conference
A few USMNT tidbits related to one of the best clubs in the world. Chris Richards was on the bench Tuesday and should see some game time in the last couple games with the title clinched. There’s also this speculation that would be a great move for Dest. Having him partner with Gnabry on the right and allowing Pavard to play CB would make a dynamic Bayern squad even more so.

DeGrozz

All Conference
I had a bunch of thoughts typed out, but man, I just want to see these guys get back on the field again. It's been so long since we've seen them put in a good game against a good opponent. I really wanna see this young squad put in some work and get some wind back in our sails.

cusefan88

All Conference
I think Reyna should play as the 10 in a 3-man midfield with Adams and McKennie. They still need to vastly improve on the wing. Jordan Morris should be a placeholder only. He's not really elevating the team to new levels.

NailstheCusefan12

All Conference
Sargent and Bremen having a much better day than John Brooks and his Wolfsburg side are having against Bayern. Hard to blame Brooks for any of the goals and his CB partner just got sent off.

NailstheCusefan12

All Conference
Hate to admit that Berhalter’s 19 year old son was pretty impressive for Columbus last night. He’s down the list a bit compared to our young guys in Europe but he’s better than I expected.

cusefan88

All Conference
The US has a legitimate star on their hands.
I love Clint Dempsey but Pulisic is more talented than him and is much more than a good player "for an american". It's amazing. Let's hope the other young guys also develop more. Adams, McKennie, Reyna, Sargent etc.

upperdeck

Living Legend
yup.. if you can get 3-4 playing at a high level you can build a team. I think that we see glimpses of pieces and so many are young enough to give some hope.

DeGrozz

All Conference
I've mentioned him before, but you gotta check out James Sands if you haven't. Adams/Sands/McKennie will be holding down the center of the field for us for a long time.

NailstheCusefan12

All Conference
U-19 USYNT player Bryang Kayo was bought by Wolfsburg today directly from the USL. First USL player to ever be sold to a major European league. The Bundesliga has been great for developing young Americans and hopefully he does well in their youth squad and breaks in.

cusefan88

All Conference
I've mentioned him before, but you gotta check out James Sands if you haven't. Adams/Sands/McKennie will be holding down the center of the field for us for a long time.

Sands I'm a bit bullish on. Can play CB and DM as well. Hope he steps up to a European club soon so we can see how far he can or can't go.

jordville

All American
The good...

Also...
⚽ Christian Pulisic (21 years, 318 days) is the youngest scorer in a FA Cup Final since Cristiano Ronaldo (19 years, 106 days) in 2004.

jordville

All American
The bad...

Pulisic just seems to pick up knocks on the regular. He'll miss at least the Champions League round of 16 next weekend vs. Bayern. Get well kid!

DeGrozz

All Conference
The bad...

Pulisic just seems to pick up knocks on the regular. He'll miss at least the Champions League round of 16 next weekend vs. Bayern. Get well kid!
He would have had a second if he hadn't pulled up.

I thought I saw a headline that he declared himself 'fit' prior to the final -- I don't remember what the knock was and I didn't read the article, but I wonder if he tweaked a lingering hammy.

jordville

All American
He would have had a second if he hadn't pulled up.

I thought I saw a headline that he declared himself 'fit' prior to the final -- I don't remember what the knock was and I didn't read the article, but I wonder if he tweaked a lingering hammy.
I saw one too where he said that he was 100% fit for this match. He had a groin injury before.

Shrmdougluvr

Took my quarter!
Every time one of the future USMNT "stars" pulls a hammy (e.g., Pulisic, McKennie, Weah ...) i think about Dino's quotes about our players not hurting their hammies and how they are trained a certain way to prevent it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom