2020 USMNT Thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2020 USMNT Thread

I don't want to get too excited but that one 17 year old at Dortmund had 3 assists today and we're winning the next WC.

If you want to measure progress, check how many minutes US players are getting in Champions League. That to me is the biggest predictor. Are the US players at elite European clubs.

This season the US is going to see a huge increase, which is a great sign.

Richards played at RB as Bayern missed out on Dest and are looking for a backup for Pavard. He’s been a really athletic CB during his time with the Bayern 2nd team and flashed some good things today. Had one assist to Muller that got called back because Thomas was half a yard offside then assisted on a terrific Lewy strike. I think his future is at CB when he fills out his frame but it’s nice that he was the on-ball skills to slot in at RB. Got subbed off in the 60th minute when his hammy cramped up.

Really interesting stat from the England game today -- their starting 11 has started more games in the lower leagues of England than in the EPL.

Kind of made me wonder, with the Busios, Yows, Mackenzies, Aaronsons, Ferreiras, Sandses etc, who is gonna be our next young gun to make a giant leap.

Really interesting stat from the England game today -- their starting 11 has started more games in the lower leagues of England than in the EPL.

Kind of made me wonder, with the Busios, Yows, Mackenzies, Aaronsons, Ferreiras, Sandses etc, who is gonna be our next young gun to make a giant leap.

Interestingly I think it was the young players willingness to leave for Europe and reject MLS that finally got more MLS clubs to take their academy seriously and play them. It's starting to reap benefits.

Brother of Matthew Lyde-Cajuste who played here 09-13. Pretty cool coincidence.

that’s awesome. I saw a tweet this morning and knew I recognized the name from somewhere, but I wasn’t familiar with the player. Now I know where it’s from!

If the name sounds familiar, his brother Matt was a walk-on for our basketball program. Cool, random tie and a good young prospect.

Here are the players.

I saw a tweet with the ages some of those guys will be in 2026:

Reyna: 22
Pulisic: 27
Adams: 26
Richards: 26
De La Fuente: 24

etc, etc, etc...

Crazy how far away that is and how long we'll be able to watch these guys (hopefully!) play.

I saw a tweet with the ages some of those guys will be in 2026:

Reyna: 22
Pulisic: 27
Adams: 26
Richards: 26
De La Fuente: 24

etc, etc, etc...

Crazy how far away that is and how long we'll be able to watch these guys (hopefully!) play.

Hopefully our next (some might say first) successful golden generation.

2 days ago Caden Clark was signed to a contract by the Red Bulls.

He immediately scored a goal in his debut.

Today it breaks that he's going to RB Leipzig on his 18th bday.

Pretty cool stuff, the trend continues.

Our boy Weston has the 'Rona.

I really hope these athletes don't have long-term effects from this virus that ruin their careers.

2 days ago Caden Clark was signed to a contract by the Red Bulls.

He immediately scored a goal in his debut.

Today it breaks that he's going to RB Leipzig on his 18th bday.

Pretty cool stuff, the trend continues.
Just did it again to tie the game against Toronto with an absolute screamer

Just did it again to tie the game against Toronto with an absolute screamer
Kid who is really good friends with my son and whom I used to coach when he was much younger played with Clark on Red Bulls.

My son's friend is a D1 talent and says that Clark is multiple levels above that...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom