2020 USMNT Thread | Syracusefan.com

2020 USMNT Thread

NailstheCusefan12

All American
Been a little busy at work so I figured it was finally time for a reset of this thread for the new year. Been a lot of movement of US players and some exciting young names at the January camp. Also looks like Antonee Robinson is cashing in and moving from England to Italy to play for AC Milan.

More positive stuff from Sergino Dest. Was immense against PSV last weekend. Can’t wait to see how Berhalter limits his creativity and attacking ability. His skill level is off the charts.

So much young American talent to be excited about. This debut offsets the news that Weah tore his hamstring.

So much young American talent to be excited about. This debut offsets the news that Weah tore his hamstring.

Claudio's son I'm guessing? If so, just another way for me to feel old.

Apparently Chris Richards has been training with Bayern’s first team this week. Keep an eye out...
A ton of injuries along that back line. Lucas Hernandez came back from injury last week but Boateng has been forced into too many games given his age. David Alaba has been playing the left footed CB role as he’s lost some pace on the wing and because Niklas Sule tore his ACL. Wouldn’t be shocked to see Richards make his debut today off the bench against Paderborn if Bayern put the game away early with a CL clash with Chelsea coming up on Tuesday.

Jermaine Jones throwing napalm... savage but maybe not wrong, either.

I'm gutted about losing MLS. At least we got a little bit of good news today.

And if anyone wants to support the USWNT with shirts licensed by their PA here are some sweet ones.

It was inevitable this was going to happen, but it stinks it happened so soon. I don't think MLS and other lower leagues have the infrastructure to support as expansive of a network yet.

Will be interesting to see how this impacts our youth talent boom over the next few years.

(It's a complex situation though, i feel like we are in a transition period from an American model to a traditional model, but there are way too many quirks and nuances to get a clean solution)

Last edited:
I know this is the USA team thread but no real other soccer thread to put it and a successful and competitive Canadian team is good for the USA...

so how about Alphonso Davies! Amazing.

Chris Richards with a late winner for the Bayern second team last weekend. Has a few goals lately and could easily see him joining the squad or playing for another Bundesliga squad on loan next year.

I know this is the USA team thread but no real other soccer thread to put it and a successful and competitive Canadian team is good for the USA...

so how about Alphonso Davies! Amazing.
If only his parents had emigrated to the US. As a Bayern fan he’s been the biggest surprise of the year. His pace is insane but he’s also become so much better at delivering crosses. A decent amount of younger talent in the Canadian squad and hopefully they can challenge for a World Cup spot in the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom