2021-22 Bowl Season | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2021-22 Bowl Season

FG6FKZBXEAYfANZ

Good on the conference for calling out such BS by the refs.

Good on the conference for calling out such BS by the refs.
Agreed. It was a really entertaining game up until that final play. Shame it had to end that way.

WKU/App State total yards: 1246.

I like offense, but this sport is just getting stupid!

Dang, South Carolina State putting a hurting on Jackson State

if Bowl teams start to fall, could Syracuse conceivably round up their team in days (hours?) to go play? I'm trying to wrap my head around a scenario where 4 teams have this issue

if Bowl teams start to fall, could Syracuse conceivably round up their team in days (hours?) to go play? I'm trying to wrap my head around a scenario where 4 teams have this issue

The following are the policies for the Cotton Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, Orange Bowl and Peach Bowl if an institution determines that it is unable to compete in the game because an insufficient number of athletes are available to play because of COVID-19.

1. Fiesta and Peach Bowls – The CFP, bowl game and ESPN shall attempt to identify an alternate date for the game within one week of the scheduled date; if no date can be identified, the game would be considered no contest.
  2. Playoff Semifinals (Cotton and Orange Bowls) if one team is unavailable to play – The unavailable team shall forfeit the game and its opponent would advance to the national championship game.
  3. Playoff Semifinals (Cotton and Orange Bowls) if both teams are unavailable to play in one semifinal – The semifinal game would be declared "no contest" and the team winning the other semifinal game would be declared the CFP National Champion.
  4. Playoff Semifinals (Cotton and Orange Bowls) if three teams are unavailable to play – The semifinal game in which two teams are unable to play would be declared "no contest." In the other semifinal game, the team unable to play shall forfeit the game and its opponent would be declared CFP National Champion.
  5. CFP National Championship – If the team's unavailability is determined after the Playoff Semifinals have been conducted, the national championship game in Indianapolis may be rescheduled to no later than Friday, January 14. If one team is able to play and the other is not and the game cannot be rescheduled or is rescheduled and cannot be played, then the team unable to play shall forfeit the game and the other team shall be declared CFP National Champion. If both teams are unable to play on either an original or rescheduled date, then the game shall be declared "no contest" and the CFP National Championship shall be vacated for this season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom