2021-22 Bowl Season | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2021-22 Bowl Season

Just watched end of Birmingham Bowl and Houston win. Saw Holgersen celebrating the win. 3 short years ago on this day we sent Dana packing from WVU in Dungey's farewell. 3 years to the day and I was there to enjoy it. Oh what a happy day that was. Maybe a year from today we'll celebrate another bowl win.

Tech Tech beating Miss State 10-0 in the Liberty Bowl. They just showed Zach Arnett on the sideline. :rolleyes:

The local media here in North Carolina mentioned that NC State had only won 10 games once in their 100+ year history. That seems unbelievable given their pedigree of QBs (Rivers, Wilson, Brissett, Finley, Glennon). Talk about underachieving...

Watching Purdue today I normally would be very afraid for next year. But not today! We have A & B and my optimism is sky high! What a change of perspective!

Holy Christmas, just end this stupid Tenn-Purdue game. Can’t go two snaps without carting another player off the field.

Watching Purdue today I normally would be very afraid for next year. But not today! We have A & B and my optimism is sky high! What a change of perspective!
As long as we aren't in the top 5 we should be ok. It seems they only.beat top 5 teams.

If this thing goes to OT, they better have the teams start at the other 25 and make them go 75 yards. 25 is too easy for these teams.

Tenny Purdue game I’ve never seen anything like it. Announcer with the best line ever … this game is drunk

It was a great line but better than that. Lol. Announcer said “this game is drunk, drunker than a bachelor party sitting in the front row of the stage”.

Tenny Purdue game I’ve never seen anything like it. Announcer with the best line ever … this game is drunk
Unfortunately, it was a horrible ending to one of the best games of the year. UT-Purdue has certainly been the best bowl game so far. An apparent Tennessee TD in OT is ruled invalid because forward progress is deemed stopped despite the fact that the Volunteer runner stretched the ball over the goaline BEFORE the ref whistle ending the play. Multiple replays confirmed timing of the whistle.

Game announcers surmised that the whistle does not matter if -- in the ref's discretion -- progress was stopped, even if there was a delay in blowing the whistle. Not sure about the technicalities of the rule, but to me everything should be predicated on the actual whistle not a ref saying afterward what he thought before actually getting around to blowing the whistle. Both UT and Purdue fought like warriors. This game deserved to be decided by them and not some whimsey of circumstance.

TN got robbed. Karma for the equipment violation BS in the Dome.

Nonetheless, the TN coach is a dope. Burned 15-20 seconds on their final drive before OT with all three time outs ending up with a 56 yard field goal drive which they missed. I was laughing.

Purdue is going to be a handful next year. They use their tight ends extensively,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom