2021-22 Covid Cancellations | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2021-22 Covid Cancellations

I want college basketball and sports in general to continue. That said if this is going to be the way the year goes and how they address outbreaks I mean- pull the damn plug.
It might be a week-by-week journey. No one wants to cancel the season, especially when there is a lot of big money at stake. We've seen this before. Some conferences will be bolder than others and cancel the season. Some will proceed without fans in attendance, and some won't care at all. I'm not sure any decisions get made until the Spring semester is back in session.

It might be a week-by-week journey. No one wants to cancel the season, especially when there is a lot of big money at stake. We've seen this before. Some conferences will be bolder than others and cancel the season. Some will proceed without fans in attendance, and some won't care at all. I'm not sure any decisions get made until the Spring semester is back in session.

I mean I get that and then also it makes everything and uneven cluster...

I mean I get that and then also it makes everything and uneven cluster...
Yup, this world is a cluster. Sports should be our sanity. And hopefully that doesn't get taken away from us.

At the risk of coming off as someone who dabbles in theories of a conspiratorial nature...

I wondered last year and I'm wondering now- how many teams/players are simply not reporting cases? And, what is there to actually deter or penalize a team that doesn't report?

At the risk of coming off as someone who dabbles in theories of a conspiratorial nature...

I wondered last year and I'm wondering now- how many teams/players are simply not reporting cases? And, what is there to actually deter or penalize a team that doesn't report?
Even more if they make teams forfeit games due to covid issues

Or how many teams are simply not testing.

We know in pro leagues (such as the NBA) they have a required testing mandate and policy that each team must follow, and the testing firms are employed by the league so there is no real opportunity for cheating the system. Not as confident certain individual NCAA teams are doing the same..

Or how many teams are simply not testing.

We know in pro leagues (such as the NBA) they have a required testing mandate and policy that each team must follow, and the testing firms are employed by the league so there is no real opportunity for cheating the system. Not as confident certain individual NCAA teams are doing the same..
What is the testing protocol for Syracuse athletes?

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Wednesday that it has modified its 2021-22 COVID-19 rescheduling policy.

The decision was unanimously supported by the league’s athletics directors as a result of the current rise in COVID cases and its impact on winter sport programs. If possible, games that cannot be played as scheduled will be rescheduled. If a game cannot be played and cannot be rescheduled, it will be considered a no contest.

For men’s and women’s basketball, a team must have a roster minimum of seven game available student-athletes and one countable coach to play a game. If a team does not have the requisite number of participants, and elects not to play, the game shall be a no contest. If a team has the requisite number of participants and does not participate, the game will be declared a forfeit. This policy shall be retroactive to any results beginning with the 2021 ACC winter sports schedule.

**Note: It says 7 available student-athletes, not 7 available scholarship student-athletes**

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Wednesday that it has modified its 2021-22 COVID-19 rescheduling policy.

The decision was unanimously supported by the league’s athletics directors as a result of the current rise in COVID cases and its impact on winter sport programs. If possible, games that cannot be played as scheduled will be rescheduled. If a game cannot be played and cannot be rescheduled, it will be considered a no contest.

For men’s and women’s basketball, a team must have a roster minimum of seven game available student-athletes and one countable coach to play a game. If a team does not have the requisite number of participants, and elects not to play, the game shall be a no contest. If a team has the requisite number of participants and does not participate, the game will be declared a forfeit. This policy shall be retroactive to any results beginning with the 2021 ACC winter sports schedule.

**Note: It says 7 available student-athletes, not 7 available scholarship student-athletes**
Bring on Paddy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom