2021-22 Covid Cancellations | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

2021-22 Covid Cancellations

I doubt it. Conferences will update policies to try avoid interruptions and forfeits, schools will test less frequently or only for those showing symptoms or if requested.

Not

Not what??

Are you not seeing how the NFL and NBA are changing things on the fly?

This stuff eventually trickles down

All those testing changes.

All those testing changes.
The NFL is no longer testing asymptomatic vaccinated players. That is a major testing change.

And just in the last hour they have now reduced the isolation for testing positive from 10 days to 5 days regardless of vax status.

Those are significant changes that reduce the probability of games being postponed.

The NFL is no longer testing asymptomatic vaccinated players. That is a major testing change.

And just in the last hour they have now reduced the isolation for testing positive from 10 days to 5 days regardless of vax status.

Those are significant changes that reduce the probability of games being postponed.

That’s the NFL, not a college or college campus. And the isolation time being cut from 10 days to 5 is for asymptomatic people. If you don’t test asymptomatic you wouldn’t know. The benefit for college athletes will be that when a team is tested they sit for only 5 days unless they have symptoms. But that doesn’t mean testing will go away.

But that doesn’t mean testing will go away.
Bees, its moving in that direction, maybe not this year but I could see it next season. They are making scenarios where they dont test just for the sake of testing to basically reduce the amount of testing to try to avoid interruptions.

Now back to my original post on this thread. Somebody posted that they think College bball, will be suspended or shutdown. And I say that is doubtful because Pro Leagues and college conferences are moving the goal posts in an effort to prevent games from being missed and to get players back playing sooner than they were before. I also said what happens in the pro leagues will eventually trickle down to college conferences.

Bees, its moving in that direction, maybe not this year but I could see it next season. They are making scenarios where they dont test just for the sake of testing to basically reduce the amount of testing to try to avoid interruptions.

Now back to my original post on this thread. Somebody posted that they think College bball, will be suspended or shutdown. And I say that is doubtful because Pro Leagues and college conferences are moving the goal posts in an effort to prevent games from being missed and to get players back playing sooner than they were before. I also said what happens in the pro leagues will eventually trickle down to college conferences.

I sure hope there is no need to test next year. And I did comment on your post, the one that you believe they will reduce or eliminate some testing to avoid finding positives which could postpone games.

Calipari came out today and said that Kentucky will only test symptomatic players moving forward. So no more large batch testing. I assume others will follow suit. Not 100% of NCAA teams obviously, but certain leagues will definitely embrace that policy over others.

Hmmm I mentioned it as an opinion of my take of what should possibly happen if things get further out of hand not at all that it will happen. Just to correct the context here.

Calipari came out today and said that Kentucky will only test symptomatic players moving forward. So no more large batch testing. I assume others will follow suit. Not 100% of NCAA teams obviously, but certain leagues will definitely embrace that policy over others.
Not for nothing but some businesses/organizations stopped or slowed down testing due to unavailability of tests and costs involved with giving the tests. I'm not sure if that should include sports teams but you can almost rationalize why some have stopped testing those with no symptoms.

Not for nothing but some businesses/organizations stopped or slowed down testing due to unavailability of tests and costs involved with giving the tests. I'm not sure if that should include sports teams but you can almost rationalize why some have stopped testing those with no symptoms.
Businesses will be required to test weekly, or at least require testing, those who are unvaccinated. Maybe that should be the model for sports as well.

And yes, that’s the osha requirement for greater than 100 employees.

Businesses will be required to test weekly, or at least require testing, those who are unvaccinated. Maybe that should be the model for sports as well.

And yes, that’s the osha requirement for greater than 100 employees.
Yes but this is where the problem lies. I know people with all three shots and have previously tested positive for Covid who are now testing positive again. That's why the numbers are so high. But you can't test all the vaccinated people, can you? Should everyone who enters the Dome tonight be required to show a negative test from the previous 72 hours? That's what is basically required to travel to another country even though you are already vaccinated. It will be so good to get over the hump but where on the hump are we?

Yes but this is where the problem lies. I know people with all three shots and have previously tested positive for Covid who are now testing positive again. That's why the numbers are so high. But you can't test all the vaccinated people, can you? Should everyone who enters the Dome tonight be required to show a negative test from the previous 72 hours? That's what is basically required to travel to another country even though you are already vaccinated. It will be so good to get over the hump but where on the hump are we?
I think we’re actually in agreement on this. I’m just talking about the kids on the teams. Protect the unvaccinated by testing them regularly and maybe only do the other kids every 2-3 weeks if at all.

Don’t get me wrong - I agree with that approach. Was just relaying the info on Kentucky and their plans. I doubt their rationalization is due to costs involved and more so they can avoid a shutdown, but for smaller schools and conferences I can see that ultimately being a deciding factor (cost).

Hope this omicron wave is done long before tournament time. There’s just no way those could happen with all these derailments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom