2021 ACC Media Days July 21-22 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2021 ACC Media Days July 21-22

2021 ACC Football Kickoff Attendees Announced​

GREENSBORO, N.C. (theACC.com) – The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Monday the 42 football student-athletes selected by its 14 league schools to attend the 2021 ACC Football Kickoff, July 21-22, at The Westin Charlotte in Charlotte, North Carolina. For the first time, each team will bring three players to the annual media event.

ACC Network will be live from the ACC Football Kickoff in Charlotte for the first time on July 21-22, for two days of expansive coverage. The 24/7 national network dedicated to ACC sports will provide the event’s most robust television coverage to date.

The attendees to the 2021 ACC Football Kickoff are:

Boston College
Head Coach Jeff Hafley
Zion Johnson, OL, Bowie, Maryland
Phil Jurkovec, QB, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Marcus Valdez, DE, Perth Amboy, New Jersey

Clemson
Head Coach Dabo Swinney
Matt Bockhorst, OG, Cincinnati, Ohio
James Skalski, LB, Sharpsburg, Georgia
D.J. Uiagalelei, QB, Inland Empire, California

Duke
Head Coach David Cutcliffe
DeWayne Carter, DT, Pickerington, Ohio
Mataeo Durant, RB, McCormick, South Carolina
Gunnar Holmberg, QB, Wake Forest, North Carolina

Florida State
Head Coach Mike Norvell
Jermaine Johnson II, DE, Eden Prairie, Minnesota
McKenzie Milton, QB, Kapolei, Hawaii
Jordan Travis, QB, West Palm Beach, Florida

Georgia Tech
Head Coach Geoff Collins
Ayinde Eley, LB, Olney, Maryland
Jeff Sims, QB, Jacksonville, Florida
Juanyeh Thomas, DB, Niceville, Florida

Louisville
Head Coach Scott Satterfield
C.J. Avery, LB, Grenada, Mississippi
Malik Cunningham, QB, Montgomery, Alabama
Marshon Ford, TE, Louisville, Kentucky

Miami
Head Coach Manny Diaz
Bubba Bolden, S, Las Vegas, Nevada
Michael Harley Jr., WR, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
D'Eriq King, QB, Manvel, Texas

North Carolina
Head Coach Mack Brown
Tomon Fox, LB, Lawrenceville, Georgia
Jeremiah Gemmel, LB, Newnan, Georgia
Sam Howell, QB, Indian Trail, North Carolina

NC State
Head Coach Dave Doeren
Grant Gibson, C, Charlotte, North Carolina
Devin Leary, QB, Sicklerville, New Jersey
Payton Wilson, LB, Hillsborough, North Carolina

Pitt
Head Coach Pat Narduzzi
Jordan Addison, WR, Frederick, Maryland
Deslin Alexandre, DL, Pompano Beach, Florida
Kenny Pickett, QB, Oakhurst, New Jersey

Syracuse
Head Coach Dino Babers
Josh Black, DL, Loves Park, Illinois
Taj Harris, WR, Beverly, New Jersey
Airon Servais, OL, Green Bay, Wisconsin

Virginia
Head Coach Bronco Mendenhall
Brennan Armstrong, QB, Shelby, Ohio
Joey Blount, S, Atlanta, Georgia
Keytaon Thompson, WR/QB, New Orleans, Louisiana

Virginia Tech
Head Coach Justin Fuente
Braxton Burmeister, QB, La Jolla, California
Chamarri Conner, DB, Jacksonville, Florida
James Mitchell, TE, Big Stone Gap, Virginia

Wake Forest
Head Coach Dave Clawson
Sam Hartman, QB, Charlotte, North Carolina
Luke Masterson, LB, Naples, Florida
Jaquarii Roberson, WR, Murfreesboro, North Carolina

• Among the offensive players in attendance at ACC Kickoff will be 15 quarterbacks, five wide receivers, four offensive linemen, two tight ends and one running back. Defensively, seven linebackers, five defensive linemen and four defensive backs will attend. Virginia’s Keytaon Thompson is listed as a QB/WR.
  • Thirteen teams will bring at least one quarterback with Florida State (McKenzie Milton and Jordan Travis) and Virginia (Brennan Armstrong and Keytaon Thompson) bringing two.
  • The ACC Kickoff student-athletes hail from 20 states with seven from Florida, six from North Carolina, four each from Georgia and New Jersey and three from Maryland and Ohio. There are two players from California, and one apiece from Alabama, Hawaii, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nevada, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia and Wisconsin.
  • Thirteen of 14 ACC teams will return a quarterback this season with starting experience led by Pitt’s Kenny Pickett with 36 career starts and Miami’s King with 33. FSU’s McKenzie Milton started 33 games at UCF before transferring to the Seminoles for the 2021 season.

People think they know what type of person Taj is because he shows his emotions during the games. He’s made bad decisions and hasn’t represented Syracuse football the greatest at times but he is well liked as a person. He wouldnt be representing SU football at media days if he wasn't.

People think they know what type of person Taj is because he shows his emotions during the games. He’s made bad decisions and hasn’t represented Syracuse football the greatest at times but he is well liked as a person. He wouldnt be representing SU football at media days if he wasn't.

Exactly he's such a bad seed that they sent him to represent the school. People are shallow.

Taj, behave yourself : )
Yes, a little surprised considering the flipping the bird incident, maybe Dino thinks he's matured or he is using this as an incentive for Taj to be a positive leader

I was saying it tongue-in-cheek (Hence the smiley face) because of some of his antics, such as cursing the cameras and showing up his QB. If you publicly do things like that, don't be shocked when people say something. If you'd like to call it shallow, so be it.
Apparently people think they know what type of person I am : )

I have no clue what type of person he is otherwise, but Dino sending him can also be a way of pushing him in a positive direction to a leadership role.

Last edited:
I was saying it tongue-in-cheek (Hence the smiley face) because of some of his antics, such as cursing the cameras and showing up his QB. If you publicly do things like that, don't be shocked when people say something. If you'd like to call it shallow, so be it.
Apparently people think they know what type of person I am : )

I have no clue what type of person he is otherwise, but Dino sending him can also be a way of pushing him in a positive direction to a leadership role.
what??? I was wondering why you responded like that. I didnt see your comment until you responded to this one. You talking about the Taj behave yourself comment? There's been many threads and remarks about Taj's character. Not sure why you thought I was referring to you. If I was I would have responded directly to you.

what??? I was wondering why you responded like that. I didnt see your comment until you responded to this one. You talking about the Taj behave yourself comment? There's been many threads and remarks about Taj's character. Not sure why you thought I was referring to you. If I was I would have responded directly to you.
All good, Money-You're one of my favorite posters.

First time each school is bringing 3 according to the article put out by The ACC.
And Syracuse is the only school not bringing 1-2 QBs.
Not shocked by Dino’s decision.

Maybe Dino wanted to bring the more vocal/natural leaders on this team

I’m going to throw a comment out there that many probably won’t like. Yes, there are reasons that players act demonstratively on the field. Yes, players do mature and develop. Yes, Taj has been here for four years. Yes, Taj is very talented. All of those are valid reasons for selection. And I’ve stood up for Taj in other threads.

But, I’m of the opinion that in the same position as Dino, he would not be representing us based upon what I’ve seen in the past at this specific event. Now, I see maybe 4% of the entire picture. But that 4% accounts for most of any players’ public perception, what we see on game days.

Taj has acted out on the field a number of times throughout his career, save his FR year except for one outburst if I recall correctly.

I’m not disappointed by any means, it’s not my place to be. I simply would not have used a player prone to outbursts as one of our representatives. I would’ve rewarded a Kingsley Jonathan or a Chris Elmore in his place.

Maybe DB wanted to spread the love to different position groups. Maybe he feels that Taj has earned or is best suited for the representation.

This is all splitting hairs, I know nothing other than what I see. Hopefully it catapults him and our team into a really positive start. Again, not against it, but probably would’ve gone a different route.

Looking forward to hearing Taj though interview.

I’m going to throw a comment out there that many probably won’t like. Yes, there are reasons that players act demonstratively on the field. Yes, players do mature and develop. Yes, Taj has been here for four years. Yes, Taj is very talented. All of those are valid reasons for selection. And I’ve stood up for Taj in other threads.

But, I’m of the opinion that in the same position as Dino, he would not be representing us based upon what I’ve seen in the past at this specific event. Now, I see maybe 4% of the entire picture. But that 4% accounts for most of any players’ public perception, what we see on game days.

Taj has acted out on the field a number of times throughout his career, save his FR year except for one outburst if I recall correctly.

I’m not disappointed by any means, it’s not my place to be. I simply would not have used a player prone to outbursts as one of our representatives. I would’ve rewarded a Kingsley Jonathan or a Chris Elmore in his place.

Maybe DB wanted to spread the love to different position groups. Maybe he feels that Taj has earned or is best suited for the representation.

This is all splitting hairs, I know nothing other than what I see. Hopefully it catapults him and our team into a really positive start. Again, not against it, but probably would’ve gone a different route.

Looking forward to hearing Taj though interview.

It seems like it’s one of 2 things -
Taj has matured, and Dino is rewarding him.
Dino wants Taj to keep working, and is using this honor as incentive and motivation.

Maybe both.

It seems like it’s one of 2 things -
Taj has matured, and Dino is rewarding him.
Dino wants Taj to keep working, and is using this honor as incentive and motivation.

Maybe both.
It could also be that Dino doesn’t care about Taj’s multiple in-game outbursts. He certainly let a lot go before he ever took action. So who knows?

I'm looking forward to heading what he has to say. Hopefully it's not in sign language.

I love Taj. Give me a kid who cares enough to have “outbursts” during two crap seasons over a kid who you have to push to give a chit. Flipping the bird on the YES Network in a blowout against Falwell st doesn’t even crack the top 10 most embarrassing Syracuse football moments in the last two years. I could not care less.

And it’s just hard for me not to defend the 175 pound kid who fights for yards the way he does against SARMs loaded linebackers and safeties. Lol

Dino may be thinking Taj has a chance to get drafted after this year and he wants to start promoting him now and also wants to start preparing him for the predraft interviews.

Or maybe Taj is just the most vocal leader on offense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom