2021 ACC Media Days July 21-22 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2021 ACC Media Days July 21-22

"Ok guys I want some relaxed and passive efforts out there! No one should be sweating...easy does it ".
That's a riot!

"Patty cake, patty cake. Bakers- not too hard guys, this can really smart- man, bake me a cake... I said no tickling! Ok, ok, let's bring it in for a group snuggle..."

Kidding aside, the oline should be the biggest, meanest group of MF'ers on the field. Schmidt wants to show us that? YES PLEASE.

almost as if they were distracted by a global pandemic and police protests
Correct. The police protests and Covid really had a much more significant impact on CNY than it did the rest of the country......
download (3).jpg

Joking aside. I think we get it. You want a big old asterisk put on last season. I think to do that you have to demonstrate that these things had an adverse reaction on a majority of teams, which I don't believe it did. The issues at SU go deeper than the pandi-protests issue. Sounds like some of these things have/are being addressed so hope is brewing for fall. The OL getting healthy, TD getting quiet feet, Taj maturing, 2nd year in the defense, etc. But those are all program issues that would have affected us last year anyway. Asterisks are for seasons when all the starters are on strike and the scrubs play, or 1/2 a season is cancelled and FSU is instantly crowned champion, or stuff that would put most teams at a disadvantage. Every team in D1 was dealing with the same pandi-protests.

Babers on ACC Sirius channel right now

sorry don't have a link yet.
Babers was his usual media entertaining self. Did mention he plans to use 2 QBs, not a huge surprise.
Josh Black was pretty good.
I am not sure about this new Commissioner though, he sounds awful like a rainbows and unicorns for everyone - kind of guy.

This may be the first time that I’ve listened to even a quarter of the teams at ACC media day. And possibly the last. You REALLY are starved for football news if you tune in for the whole thing

Correct. The police protests and Covid really had a much more significant impact on CNY than it did the rest of the country...
View attachment 203740

Joking aside. I think we get it. You want a big old asterisk put on last season. I think to do that you have to demonstrate that these things had an adverse reaction on a majority of teams, which I don't believe it did. The issues at SU go deeper than the pandi-protests issue. Sounds like some of these things have/are being addressed so hope is brewing for fall. The OL getting healthy, TD getting quiet feet, Taj maturing, 2nd year in the defense, etc. But those are all program issues that would have affected us last year anyway. Asterisks are for seasons when all the starters are on strike and the scrubs play, or 1/2 a season is cancelled and FSU is instantly crowned champion, or stuff that would put most teams at a disadvantage. Every team in D1 was dealing with the same pandi-protests.
Didn’t say anything about that in the post you referenced.

I find it plausible that the players (anywhere) had a hard time focusing - I did.

And you keep on hitting this “everyone went through it” but it *was* somewhat different at every school and every county and every . An asterisk just says “hey, weird arse year. Not sure we should treat it like previous years” not - “everything would have been fine if not for the pandemic”…

I think we would have had more than one win, don’t you? Would have the offense and defense look better or worse with full camp?

Already, each league team will be featured on ACC Network as part of a fall-practice tour, in addition to more coverage from games and live events. In another change, the league has now required all league schools to hold Pro Days and spring games for air on ACC Network.

ACC looks to prioritize football in marketing
Already, each league team will be featured on ACC Network as part of a fall-practice tour, in addition to more coverage from games and live events. In another change, the league has now required all league schools to hold Pro Days and spring games for air on ACC Network.
Me: Yes!!!!
Dino: I cannot even confirm that we have Spring Practice

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom