2021 Baseball Hall of Fame Ballot | Syracusefan.com

2021 Baseball Hall of Fame Ballot

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
1605550953355.png

once you get past bonds and clemens, I have a hard time voting for anyone, though many had nice careers that lasted awhile.

Kent as 2ndbasemen
Helton/rollins maybe

Billy wagner

Here are their career WARPs from Baseball Prospectus for your amusement.

Bonds 163.3
Clemens 143.7
Schilling 100.5
M. Ramirez 73.4
Sheffield 71.1
Helton 63.6
Hudson 63.4
Jones 60.9
Pettitte 60.9
Role 59.5
Sosa 58.1
Kent 54.1
Burnett 52.0
Haren 50.7
Abreu 47.5
Hunter 41.9
Buehrle 34.2
A. Ramirez 33.9
Vizquel 33.4
Wagner 29.6
Zito 26.2
Swisher 25.5
Victorino 24.4
Cuddyer 15.8
Hawkins 3.8

Some recent inductees:
Mussina 87.6
Halladay 66.7
Walker 62.1
E. Martinez 60.1
Baines 38.4
Rivera 32.3

The Roid guys will get their day it's just not this year. They should wait longer.

No they shouldn't. Why? As a punishment? Yeah MLB is really upset at all the $$$ they made from it.

Alex Cora got let go for what... less than a year for cheating their way to a WS, but Barry & Co. need a few more years to get into a building? Pfft.

No they shouldn't. Why? As a punishment? Yeah MLB is really upset at all the $$$ they made from it.

Alex Cora got let go for what... less than a year for cheating their way to a WS, but Barry & Co. need a few more years to get into a building? Pfft.

If the Astros are 2017 champs, then put those guys in the Hall.

And give them their damn flowers while they can smell them. Waiting is pointless.

Also -- Andruw Jones could make a case for one of the most confusing HOFers ever if he got in. He has a handful of stats that put you in awe of his greatness and a handful that will confuse the hell out of you as to why he'd even be on the ballot

If you watched him play for his brief Dodgers tenure, you’d think he was one of the worst players in MLB history.

Guy was a stud with the Braves though. Fun player to watch back in his early days of highlight reel catches. Pretty amazing that the guy was largely done by about age 30 or so, and still hit over 400 HRs.

Also -- Andruw Jones could make a case for one of the most confusing HOFers ever if he got in. He has a handful of stats that put you in awe of his greatness and a handful that will confuse the hell out of you as to why he'd even be on the ballot
His defense was sooo good it could put him in. It's very close but id vote no.

10 straight gold gloves. 51 and then 41 homers after only 29 hr's. Was he a roider? I would actually vote for him based on defense.

Bonds
Clemens
Helton
Jones
Kent
Pettitte
Manny
Schilling
Sheffield
Vizquel

subject to change.

ive moved vizquel on and off,.
helton & jones im still not 100% sold on.

please just clean Bonds, Clemens and Schilling up here...

Schilling not in, is a joke too.

screw the BBWA.

once you get past bonds and clemens, I have a hard time voting for anyone, though many had nice careers that lasted awhile.

Kent as 2ndbasemen
Helton/rollins maybe

Billy wagner
Agree - good opportunity for the likes of Kent/Helton with too many PED people on the ballot. I'm a Yankees fan and love Pettitte, but they are going to make him wait a few years

I have a pretty firm disgust with the steriods users. I realize it was probably pretty widespread but Bonds was obvious. That being said, Bonds was easily on track to be a HOF player before he got comic book huge, so I can live with him getting in.

I would only put 3 known roiders in the Hall - Bonds, Clemens, Arod.

So Bonds and Clemens are in for me and Schilling is the other no brainer. Schilling has waited long enough. He deserves to be in, although they could create a special wing in the HOF for mega douchebags and put him in as the initial inductee.

Scott Rolen has an underrated case. I would put him in before Kent.

I have had 10 on my ballot in my prior year but this year would be less.
Bonds
Clemens
Schilling
Sheffield
Helton

Go back and forth on
Rolen
Kent

Considered but no:
Vizquel
Pettitte (at least he admitted it)

Remove from HOF:
Harold Baines

Bud Selig gets in the hall of fame and he turned a blind eye to steroids for a long period of time. In fact he defacto encouraged it and capitalized on how they were impacting the game (McGwire and Sosa)

The 2002 Steroid Policy created in baseball was one of the biggest jokes in the history of sports. The penalty for the first positive test was "counseling". The penalty for the second test was a small suspension (maybe 10 games) but you did not need to be named -- I believe you could be hid on the DL. IIRC, only on the fourth positive test would your name actually be disclosed.

Selig likes to claim as part of his legacy that he acted tough on steroids and took it out of the game. In fact the 2002 policy was so light on punishment and disclosure that it only encouraged more players to take steroids. Only once the feds got involved and put real pressure on MLB did a tougher policy get established in 2005... and even then it was light to today's policy.

I would only put 3 known roiders in the Hall - Bonds, Clemens, Arod.

So Bonds and Clemens are in for me and Schilling is the other no brainer. Schilling has waited long enough. He deserves to be in, although they could create a special wing in the HOF for mega douchebags and put him in as the initial inductee.

Scott Rolen has an underrated case. I would put him in before Kent.

I have had 10 on my ballot in my prior year but this year would be less.
Bonds
Clemens
Schilling
Sheffield
Helton

Go back and forth on
Rolen
Kent

Considered but no:
Vizquel
Pettitte (at least he admitted it)

Remove from HOF:
Harold Baines

Not even considering Manny? Guy was one of the best hitters I’ve ever seen.

Agree - good opportunity for the likes of Kent/Helton with too many PED people on the ballot. I'm a Yankees fan and love Pettitte, but they are going to make him wait a few years
He's not a hall of famer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom