2021 Baseball Hall of Fame Ballot | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Baseball Hall of Fame Ballot

Manny would be #4, but the threshold for a steroid user to get in is very high for me and he misses it.

If you were an all-time great (arguably top 20 player of all time) like Bonds, Clemens, ARod in an era that was steroid heavy I am willing to make the exception. Some may argue it's a hypocritical stance.

Manny was great, but he is not in the upper crust of greatness like the other 3.
thats a tough call, i hate the redsux, but if i had to choose...manny > ortiz and id put him a notch below Bonds and Arod, but its a half notch.

manny was the bomb for a while.

Sheffield is right there with them both, but he doesnt have the steroid tag...i think.

thats a tough call, i hate the redsux, but if i had to choose...manny > ortiz and id put him a notch below Bonds and Arod, but its a half notch.

manny was the bomb for a while.

Sheffield is right there with them both, but he doesnt have the steroid tag...i think.
Sheffield was one of the guys named in the Mitchell report.

Bonds
Clemens
Schilling

Manny cheated twice no.
Sheffield was good player that I believe steroids enhanced to borderline HOF. So no.
Pettitte is very good but not a HOFer.
Pettite also 'roids.

Once the let Selig, LaRussa etc into the HOF the ban on players linked to steroids lost its teeth. The management knew about it and let it happen because fans loved it. Writers who now ban the players from getting into the Hall were also in on the cover up. Baseball HOF voting is the most hypocritical thing this side of the NCAA and catholic church.

once you get past bonds and clemens, I have a hard time voting for anyone, though many had nice careers that lasted awhile.

Kent as 2ndbasemen
Helton/rollins maybe

Billy wagner

Oh, come on.

Manny Ramirez
Andy Pettitte

Those 2 guys belong.

You could also make a case for Schilling, Sheffield and Sosa.

Pettite was a function of the team he played on.. I am ok with Schilling getting in..

sosa. eeh.. He was in his 9th yr with really one good yr and suddenly he blows up. now those 5 yrs was dominant in an era for sure. He hit 30 more HR and hit 50 pts higher..

I am ok with Clemens. Not a Bonds fan but if you put him then Sosa goes in to and Maguire

Manny had a really good career, wouldnt be upset with him going in.

Pettite was a function of the team he played on.. I am ok with Schilling getting in..

sosa. eeh.. He was in his 9th yr with really one good yr and suddenly he blows up. now those 5 yrs was dominant in an era for sure. He hit 30 more HR and hit 50 pts higher..

I am ok with Clemens. Not a Bonds fan but if you put him then Sosa goes in to and Maguire

Manny had a really good career, wouldnt be upset with him going in.

Sosa was the weakest of the group, I agree. And there are those who might say that if Sosa goes in, you can't keep out Mattingly, who was amazing before he hurt his back.

As for Pettitte, he's kind of like Whitey Ford. He was not the league leader in any statistical category year after year, but he did awfully well in big games. He was 19-11 with a 3.81 ERA all-time in the post season. Those numbers stack up with a lot of HOFers.

Sosa was the weakest of the group, I agree. And there are those who might say that if Sosa goes in, you can't keep out Mattingly, who was amazing before he hurt his back.

As for Pettitte, he's kind of like Whitey Ford. He was not the league leader in any statistical category year after year, but he did awfully well in big games. He was 19-11 with a 3.81 ERA all-time in the post season. Those numbers stack up with a lot of HOFers.

Schilling: 11-2 with a 2.23 ERA in the playoffs. That’s nuts.

Schilling: 11-2 with a 2.23 ERA in the playoffs. That’s nuts.
he was a beast for sure.

said this earlier in this thread, him, bonds and clemens need to go in this year.

just do it all at once and let all the haters hate.

Coming up shortly. Perhaps no one elected.

Kent and Schilling need to be in. The steroid guys should get in but they can wait a few more years.

This Verducci piece is so triggering.
It exemplifies why the BBWAA just sucks.
They take themselves like they are way more important than they should be.

Last edited:
Gonna really piss me off if they put all the steroid guys in when they’re dead.

If someone is a hall of famer, then vote him in and give him his flowers while he can smell them.

No, “well I’ll vote for him in 5 years.” I hate all the games the voters play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom