2021 Fall Camp Starts Friday August 6th | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Fall Camp Starts Friday August 6th

I am now Mikel Jones #1 fan. Nobody else gets to claim it. What an absolutely superb kid. And Garrett Williams is not far behind.

You can see character in these guys and how humility and earnestness carries the weight of success even more than talent

It's the year of NIL. I want a jersey with Jones name on the back.
It’s funny you say that about NIL

Knowing the kid is getting my coin, does affect who’s merch I am more likely to pick up

Mikel is Coleman mixed with Thong Song

Dakota and Bear are prolly the 2 guys I'm ok with missing a little time if it allows for more depth to be developed. I think we'll go 6 deep on the DL this year, hopefully a couple of the underclassmen get some playing time this year.

OL it sounds like will be 7 deep to start, with the potential to have 9 or 10 guys playing by the end of the year if Schmidt does a good job. And most of those guys could be back next season

If y'all want to have a finger pointing, back and forth kvetching party I will happily give you reply bans to this thread. I could use some practice for game threads.
CL busting out the Bruce Almighty skill sets on game day threads….
1621962F-5C82-465F-BEB4-FD7FBA4CFCBC.gif

Dakota and Bear are prolly the 2 guys I'm ok with missing a little time if it allows for more depth to be developed. I think we'll go 6 deep on the DL this year, hopefully a couple of the underclassmen get some playing time this year.

OL it sounds like will be 7 deep to start, with the potential to have 9 or 10 guys playing by the end of the year if Schmidt does a good job. And most of those guys could be back next season

Yes DL seems solid with Black, KJ, Bear, Harper, Roscoe, and Okechukwu. Very solid and experienced group of 6.

Anish V misquoted Dino Babers when he said one quarterback was separating himself.

Dino was asked if he saw separation between the quarterbacks (plural), and Dino replied "yes." This could mean that one QB separated himself from the pack or 2 QB's separated themselves from the pack...or 3. No specifics were given

Anish V misquoted Dino Babers when he said one quarterback was separating himself.

Dino was asked if he saw separation between the quarterbacks (plural), and Dino replied "yes." This could mean that one QB separated himself from the pack or 2 QB's separated themselves from the pack...or 3. No specifics were given
Agree. Or he might want Ohio to think one QB is going to play. While he plans to play both. IDK?

Saturday, Aug. 21
Another scrimmage highlighted the last day of the week, before the team takes its mandatory off day on Sunday.

Saturday's scrimmage was mostly the 2s and 3s on the current iteration of depth chart, with the 1s taking limited reps in just situational periods. The 2s and 3s were run more like a live scrimmage, with drive continuations or stops based on down and distance, while the 1s worked with a two-minute drill drive and some third-down situations.

The Orange converted one of their two-minute drill drives in a touchdown, marching the length of the field with a Taj Harris touchdown in the back of the end zone. Freshman DB Darian Chestnut had yet another pick-six in the third-down situations period, jumping a route and taking it for the score.

Saturday, Aug. 21
Another scrimmage highlighted the last day of the week, before the team takes its mandatory off day on Sunday.

Saturday's scrimmage was mostly the 2s and 3s on the current iteration of depth chart, with the 1s taking limited reps in just situational periods. The 2s and 3s were run more like a live scrimmage, with drive continuations or stops based on down and distance, while the 1s worked with a two-minute drill drive and some third-down situations.

The Orange converted one of their two-minute drill drives in a touchdown, marching the length of the field with a Taj Harris touchdown in the back of the end zone. Freshman DB Darian Chestnut had yet another pick-six in the third-down situations period, jumping a route and taking it for the score.

I’m surprised an O lineman didn’t chase Chestnut down.

Last edited: