2021 MLB Season | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2021 MLB Season

good things rules have changed in so many ways over the 125 years or people heads would explode.. should we go back to when they made the pitcher throw it where the batter wanted it to help them hit? we have a year where every team is probably gonna have pitching issues with starters innings and every game that ends early is a good thing. its like hockey going to 3x3 in OT and its worked out great. Soccer could learn from that too.
Soccer is the most popular sport in the solar system. The rules work pretty well.

Analytics are making baseball a lot less fun.

Pitchers get taken out based on what computers say.

The sport is too much walk, strike out, home run.

Baseball needs more balls put into play.

I also sided with Lou Brown in his disagreement with Willie Mays Hayes.

Soccer is the most popular sport in the solar system. The rules work pretty well.
yup.. in the world where people think cricket games that take days is fine.. when a sport is played at 0-0 is a normal score there is an issue.. I love soccer.. I think they should figure a way so people can actually shoot and score sometimes.. hockey has 0-0 games but they have 70-80 scoring chances so goalies make saves

basketball started as a sport with 2-3 scores a game was good too.

Couldn't agree more with this post.

There are flaws in the game, but I think baseball is the best it has been in my lifetime. There are so many great players right now, both pitchers and hitters.

I think it's funny that those running MLB think giving people LESS of their product will be more popular.

Pretty big crowd at Coors. Dodgers raking line drives all over the place early on!

Feels so good to have this back, especially with fans in the stands. One year ago I was trying to watch Korean Baseball, lmao.

Pretty big crowd at Coors. Dodgers raking line drives all over the place early on!

Feels so good to have this back, especially with fans in the stands. One year ago I was trying to watch Korean Baseball, lmao.
D-dubs, if it’s yanks vs dodgers World Series we have to do a fun wager!

hockey doesnt have a 3 pt game rule except in some college leagues.

It may have been unclear in my rant.

If a game goes to OT, 3 points get distributed.
If a game does not go to OT, 2 points get distributed.

It's crazy that some games end up being worth more to teams. Total disincentive as well for teams to try to score in a tie game in the third period. It is to the benefit of both teams to lay back and give a crappy performance to the fans when the game matters most.

It's crazy that some games end up being worth more to teams. Total disincentive as well for teams to try to score in a tie game in the third period. It is to the benefit of both teams to lay back and give a crappy performance to the fans when the game matters most.
I get what you mean now. one team gets 2 pts and the other gets 1 for going into OT.

It’s why soccer gets it right in how they give out points.
3 points for a win and 1 for a draw.

Olympic hockey does what you want.
3 points for a regulation win.
2 points for an OT/Shootout win.

I hate hockey shootouts.
It’s such a disregard for the actual game.

Just play OT till somebody scores.

I hate the old way where teams would be defensive to preserve a tie for a point.

3 points regulation win.
2 points for OT win
1 point for OT loss
0 points for regulation loss.
Simple:

Baseball play 9 innings. If tied after 9 play innings 10-11 like normal.

Put the runner on second starting inning 12.

Why not start every count at 1-1 in the 10th inning if they are going to change the sport so much once it gets to the 10th.

I like the idea of playing the 10th and 11th like normal, and then only starting the current procedure in the 12th.

The first few extra innings are always very exciting as a fan. When it drags out into a long game, for me anyway I start to lose my interest. Playing the 10th and 11th as normal would seem to be a great compromise.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe when hockey started their shootout, it started as 5vs5 for 5 minutes then went straight to shootout. They changed the rule to 3 on 3 so that less games would go to shootout. The goal for MLB shouldn't be to end these tie games as quickly possible, but to try end as many as close to normally as possible within a reasonable time frame.

If I was in charge of hockey my OT would go like this.
5 on 5 for 5 minutes.
4 on 4 for 5 minutes (or 10).
3 on 3 for 5 minutes.
Shootout.

Games eventually have to end, but give it a little more time until the shootout.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom