2021 MLB Season | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2021 MLB Season

Cool.

For those thinking about traveling to Athens, Ohio to watch Syracuse play Ohio on September 4th, the Blue Jays will be hosting the Oakland A’s in Buffalo Friday-Sunday...
Will be trying to make that Buffalo trip. That city is such a blast.

Will be trying to make that Buffalo trip. That city is such a blast.
I love the location of the ball park in the middle of downtown, close to bars and restaurants.

Our civic leaders really failed us when the new park was built in the middle of nowhere.

I'm a Phillies fan, and that call was embarrassingly bad.

sheer incompetence. Why don't MLB umpires have to explain a call after replay, like in other sports?

Agree. It was bang bang so I get missing it live. But to flub the replay is very frustrating.

MLB did release a statement. The official ruling from MLB stated the replay official "could not definitively determine that the runner failed to touch home plate prior to the fielder applying the tag."

I love the location of the ball park in the middle of downtown, close to bars and restaurants.

Our civic leaders really failed us when the new park was built in the middle of nowhere.
Agreed. A ballpark in the middle of nowhere that has lots of parking and is easy to get to is great for people who really care about the team and the game. But how many people really care about minor league baseball?

I think you’d draw in people if it was right next to bars and restaurants and people could combine catching a game with dinner and/or bar trips.

Agreed. A ballpark in the middle of nowhere that has lots of parking and is easy to get to is great for people who really care about the team and the game. But how many people really care about minor league baseball?

I think you’d draw in people if it was right next to bars and restaurants and people could combine catching a game with dinner and/or bar trips.
There are some areas of downtown that have really turned around in the last couple of decades. And some other areas that are still very troubled.

This was a special opportunity to address a distressed area of downtown, and make downtown a more attractive place for businesses, prospective tenants, etc.

Putting the new park where it was placed did nothing for the surrounding neighborhood.

Many cities have improved their downtown areas significantly by moving their ballpark there. Syracuse/Onondaga County/NYS ignored the trends and got a lot less for return for a major investment than could have been had.

That said, I like what I have read and seen about the changes to the park made for this season. I plan to attend a lot of games this season, even if the park is in a swamp that used to be a garbage dump. Go Mets!

considering how they can see about 5 different angles and not one showed him actually touching the plate, I thought it was a bad call.. not blaming the live call though, but the MLB replay booth.

Not to mention, the metro pretty much drops you off near the ballparks doorstep (same with the sabre’s arena) so you can park your car anywhere along the metro and hop on

Red Sox on a nine game winning streak. Yeah I saw that coming. lol

Yeah that was tough to lose the perfect game like that but still fun to watch the no no. Wow 2 in the first couple weeks!
He's gotta be sick even though he still got the no hitter... you cannot come closer to a perfect game, really. I didnt see live but was the HBP legit? As in Perez did not lean into it? Looked pretty down and inside so I am guessing it was legit.

He's gotta be sick even though he still got the no hitter... you cannot come closer to a perfect game, really. I didnt see live but was the HBP legit? As in Perez did not lean into it? Looked pretty down and inside so I am guessing it was legit.

It hit him on the foot. Not a ton of effort to get out of the way, but it was a legit HBP.

Acuña is ridiculous right now! I love when a great player is locked-in like this.

Even if I wasn't a diehard Braves fan, he is must see tv. Similar to how I felt when Cabrera and Pujols were in their prime. If I was channel scrolling and saw they were up, I had to watch.

Dodgers-Padres - what a game. I’m loving the entertainment factor of this budding rivalry. Fans going nuts. Back and forth game. Benches clearing. That was awesome. Kershaw-Darvish tonight!

Dodgers-Padres - what a game. I’m loving the entertainment factor of this budding rivalry. Fans going nuts. Back and forth game. Benches clearing. That was awesome. Kershaw-Darvish tonight!
Only knowing the score I have been watching the whole game this morning while puttering around the house. Haven’t gotten to the (apparently) wild stuff yet. Crowd is jacked AF already. Fun to watch.

Love local rivalries like that where the fans can easily travel. Kind of reminds me of the Bonas & UB games at the dome when a bunch of the other teams fans showed up and were loud. Makes it more of an electric atmosphere. I personally think those games are great for the program and NY collegiate sports in general.

This should be a golden age for baseball. There are so many great young players (including a two-way player). It seems like even the bad teams have at least one interesting player. There are historically great teams and good rivalries. If MLB can’t win new fans now, I don’t think they ever will.

This should be a golden age for baseball. There are so many great young players (including a two-way player). It seems like even the bad teams have at least one interesting player. There are historically great teams and good rivalries. If MLB can’t win new fans now, I don’t think they ever will.
The games are still too long. I love the game but have a hard time dedicating 3 to 4 hours a night to baseball. I'll watch a few innings put a show on and come back to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom