2021 MLB Season | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

2021 MLB Season

For whom?

Espn got their dream wild card matchup.
Two games decided in the 9th inning.
We could have had a one-game playoff for the NL West and a four-way tie for the AL wild card. Instead, we’re exactly where we were yesterday.

Friggin ridiculous. Should at minimum be a 3 game series starting tomorrow.

One game is so stupid and gimmicky. That’s for ties.

And Muncy got hurt.
It’s real incentive to win the division, unlike the previous set up.

Tbs and Espn have to be doing cartwheels over their two games.
Agreed, short term. Though two of them are getting bounced.
It’s real incentive to win the division, unlike the previous set up.
It is. Still gimmicky to just play one game though. They play 3 game series’s all season.

It is. Still gimmicky to just play one game though. They play 3 game series’s all season.
When would the division series start if you have to wait for a three game wild card? How long should division winners sit idle?

When would the division series start if you have to wait for a three game wild card? How long should division winners sit idle?

One of them can start Thursday.

The winners of the wild card series vs. division winner can start Friday?

My solution is the top seed should host and the road team need to win a doubleheader and the home team only win 1 game.
Play the first game in the afternoon.
If the road team wins they play a doubleheader.
If the home team wins they advance.

Reward being the top wildcard.

One of them can start Thursday.

The winners of the wild card series vs. division winner can start Friday?
So the wild card series would be Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday? Would all the games be in one ballpark?

It’s crazy the Giants have the most wins by an NL team since 1986.
Dodgers as well but they have to face Wainwright on Wednesday.
Burn Scherzer and then only get him one time against the Giants in a 5 game series.

It’s crazy the Giants have the most wins by an NL team since 1986.
Dodgers as well but they have to face Wainwright on Wednesday.
Burn Scherzer and then only get him one time against the Giants in a 5 game series.
Call me crazy but whoever wins on Wed is beating the Giants.

The Nats played every game like it was a game 7.
They made the Red Sox earn everything.
I know Toronto won’t think that but these games tough.

Cole v. Eovaldi.

Astros are the favorites in the AL.

I think it’s Astros vs. Dodgers.
Was Jordy Mercer paid off ? He’s the only reason the Sox advanced

We could have had a one-game playoff for the NL West and a four-way tie for the AL wild card. Instead, we’re exactly where we were yesterday.
There was enough excitement today anyway, for many teams.

Friggin ridiculous. Should at minimum be a 3 game series starting tomorrow.

One game is so stupid and gimmicky. That’s for ties.

And Muncy got hurt.
Win your division

Was Jordy Mercer paid off ? He’s the only reason the Sox advanced
what are you talking about? Did you watch the games? The nats played hard all weekend. The Sox won all three games. the Nats didn't lose them. And it wasn't because of Jordy Mercer.

I think a one game playoff is crazy. And the dodgers playing it one is example #1. The Sox and the yanks finished tied to I have no problem with just a one game playoff in this situation.

I think a one game playoff is crazy. And the dodgers playing it one is example #1. The Sox and the yanks finished tied to I have no problem with just a one game playoff in this situation.
Under the previous system, the Giants and Dodgers would have phoned it in these last two weeks.

To be fair if there wasn’t a play-in game the Red Sox and Yankees would be playing a 1 game playoff the wild card.
The extra wildcard wasn’t needed this year.
Now the Dodgers are getting boned but it’s rare.
The Giants season was crazy.
I don’t even like their team in the postseason but they earned it.

To be fair if there wasn’t a play-in game the Red Sox and Yankees would be playing a 1 game playoff the wild card.
The extra wildcard wasn’t needed this year.
Now the Dodgers are getting boned but it’s rare.
The Giants season was crazy.
I don’t even like their team in the postseason but they earned it.
That is what I was saying.

Under the previous system, the Giants and Dodgers would have phoned it in these last two weeks.
Talk to me when the yanks win 105 games and finish second and have to face a team with just one dominant pitcher. I hate the one game playoff. The Sox and the Yanks would have had a one game playoff under the old system so that works fine to me. But the dodgers shouldn't have to play in a one game playoff after the season they just had. Seems silly to me. Oh, and I am rooting for the Cards in that game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom