2021 MLB Season | Page 42 | Syracusefan.com

2021 MLB Season

The good thing is that there are not that many scenarios where teams have to fly to Seattle since they lost the season series to Boston and New York.

Yes.
They were already made.
Apparently New York chose Boston because it’s a close flight and wouldn’t require any issues getting players into Canada.

Seattle would fly to Toronto if their is a 4 way tie.
You think the issues getting into Canada are the only reason? If I’m the Yanks I would much rather play Boston than Toronto just for the matchup being better.I know they have Eovoldi, but Yankees have had Boston’s number the second half of season.

You think the issues getting into Canada are the only reason? If I’m the Yanks I would much rather play Boston than Toronto just for the matchup being better.I know they have Eovoldi, but Yankees have had Boston’s number the second half of season.

I think it is a convenient reason for the Yanks to try not to insult your opponent in any way and give them extra motivation. They chose Boston because they must think they have a slightly better chance... the customs issues are a bit of a nuisance but you are talking less than an hour. Where exactly are you rushing to anyway -- it's not like they are going anywhere but the hotel.

Then again I doubt any of these teams need extra motivation.

Covid positives require a longer stay in Canada than in the UsA.
Eovaldi has done well against the Yankees predominately RH lineup.

They got him last time but overall I am comfortable with him against the Yankees.
Toronto is good as well.

Yanks are lefty-righty now. Gallo, Rizzo,Gardner,Wade/Velasquez, Odor are all in lineup now with DJ having sports hernia.

Yanks are lefty-righty now. Gallo, Rizzo,Gardner,Wade/Velasquez, Odor are all in lineup now with DJ having sports hernia.
Gallo doesn’t scare me.
Rizzo is the guy that is scary in a one off.
Gardner is washed. Just don’t walk him.
Wade/Velazquez.

To neutralize the Yankees you gotta shut down their RH hitters Judge, Stanton, LeMaheau, Torres, Sanchez.
That is the power.

Gallo doesn’t scare me.
Wade/Velazquez.

To neutralize the Yankees you gotta shut down their RH hitters Judge, Stanton, LeMaheau, Torres, Sanchez.
That is the power.
Gardner has played some great ball 2nd half.Velasquez or Wade at short strengthens the defense and both are speed guys that has really helped the Yanks down the stretch.Point is I think Toronto is the better team over Boston.

I would think the main goal for either Boston or NY is to avoid having to play Monday. If Boston wins today and NY loses then NY will have to play at least one game and maybe two before they ever get to Boston. Their bullpen will have likely been ravaged by that point and their starter for the game in Boston will probably be less than ideal. Same holds for Boston.

T
Gallo doesn’t scare me.
Wade/Velazquez.

That is the power.
Therein lies the rub with Gardner. The Sox walk him all the time despite the fact he's a low probability to get much more than a single. He's a pest. I hate seeing him in a tough situation. At least against Boston.

I would make the same choice if I was a yankee. In a three way, the Sox get their choice because they have a winning record against any of the three teams.

I would make the same choice if I was a yankee. In a three way, the Sox get their choice because they have a winning record against any of the three teams.

I saw your earlier post was deleted.

But I suspect Boston got the first choice in the 4 way playoff, and they chose to play at home. I think Toronto had the second choice and chose playing at home. New York would have then had the third choice and got to choose opponents. Seattle got whatever was left due to their tie-breaker position. (But I stand to be corrected on all this)

There is a number of 3 way scenarios. If it's for two wildcard spots, Boston would have certainly chose to play Monday as it gives them two chances to get to the Wednesday WildCard. If it's for 1 wildcard spot, I'm not even sure if they give Boston a choice .. they may have just placed them in the preferable Tuesday slot.

T

Therein lies the rub with Gardner. The Sox walk him all the time despite the fact he's a low probability to get much more than a single. He's a pest. I hate seeing him in a tough situation. At least against Boston.
Nobody I’d rather have up in a situation you need a base runner.Pest is a great word for the guy.Of course he has never been mistaken for a future Hall Of Famer, but I’ll miss his tenacity if this is his last season.

All four WC contenders are favored today as follows:

NYY -125
BOS -203
SEA - 160
TOR - 350

you watch the last two games? Washington has played their @ss off.
The last 2 games have been legit playoff atmosphere for the Sox. The 7th thru 9th innings were a lot of tension. It was right after we lost to Florida State I was ready for the Soto flyball to be a grand slam.

you watch the last two games? Washington has played their @ss off.
I have watched portions of each game, but the comment was half kidding.Still would like to see a proven guy starting the game though.

I have watched portions of each game, but the comment was half kidding.Still would like to see a proven guy starting the game though.
I can't blame you for that.

The last 2 games have been legit playoff atmosphere for the Sox. The 7th thru 9th innings were a lot of tension. It was right after we lost to Florida State I was ready for the Soto flyball to be a grand slam.
Or the Bell line drive to be a hit.

Almost Every “proven” pitcher on the Nats has only proven that they suck this year.

Almost prefer they go with a newbie.

Almost Every “proven” pitcher on the Nats has only proven that they suck this year.

Almost prefer they go with a newbie.
The pitcher is an opener.
He isn’t going to pitch more than 2-3 innings.
He is projected as a RP.
The Nats are giving him a taste of the show.

The pitcher is an opener.
He isn’t going to pitch more than 2-3 innings.
He is projected as a RP.
The Nats are giving him a taste of the show.

I am as equally worried about the other junk the Nats throw for the last 6 innings of the game.

And not because the manager is not trying. He just has no good options. Jays are getting the same benefit this weekend against the Orioles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom