2021 MLB Season | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2021 MLB Season

I may be wrong, but I think the number of very long extra inning games (beyond 11 or 12 innings) is actually very small, and can't recall a position player pitching in an extra inning game in which the outcome was still in doubt.
In 2019, 208 went to extra innings, 113 reached the 11th, 56 went to the 12th or beyond.

Whether those numbers are small or large is a matter of opinion. Either way, I don't mind starting extra innings with the runner on second.

In 2019, 208 went to extra innings, 113 reached the 11th, 56 went to the 12th or beyond.

Whether those numbers are small or large is a matter of opinion. Either way, I don't mind starting extra innings with the runner on second.
Still seems like a solution in search of a problem for 56 games (about four per team on average) out of about 2,400.

I also hate the seven inning doubleheader games at the major league level.

I am in favor of a pitch clock, but that idea seems to be losing steam as a possibility for MLB.

Kershaw had nothing on that ball yesterday.

Excited to watch Bauer tonight.

The 10th inning rule is about 3% as dumb as the NHL “3 point” game. The fact that some games give out 2 points and some games give out 3 points is not only the dumbest thing in professional sports, it is arguably the dumbest and most idiotic thing in the history of western civilization.

there are many smart people who try to defend this rule... stupidly. They state the “tradition” and integrity of the standing and comparing records to the past. Look idiot, when 27 teams out of 31 finish over .500 in your eyes, maybe that .500 means nothing. Comparing a teams points now versus 20 years ago also means nothing.

that same idiot then complains how games are slow at times in the crunch. Well look dummy why the hell would teams even try to press in a tie game in the 3rf period, when both teams know the best expected point scenario is to get it to overtime. When you have a rule that encourages crappier and less exciting play at the end don’t you think the rule is a problem dummy.

I have no problem with the way they do overtime. But it needs to be 3 points for a win in regulation, and a 2-1 split if it goes to overtime.

Prediction: Corey Seager will have an MVP caliber season but his former MVP teammates will take votes away from him.

I’m okay with it. If we insist on breaking-ties, then we might as well end them quickly without using up the bullpen and resorting to position players pitching. Fifteen+ inning games are actually not fun.
I am okay with it starting in the 12th inning.

Just not starting in the 10th.
Play the game normally till the 12th.

Games 4 and 5 of the 2004 ALCS were classics because of the stress of extra innings.

Games 4 and 5 of the 2004 ALCS were classics because of the stress of extra innings.
The postseason is a different matter.

Agreed. 10th is way too early. 12th would probably be perfect.

In the playoffs, just play it out like they always did.

Fantasy sports makes you root for players you otherwise wouldn’t. I drafted Carlos Correa in the 15th round of my draft on Wednesday. I was shocked that he was still there as I expect him to have a big year in his contract year. I can’t stand him or the Astros, but if he has a big year while his team loses, that would be a perfect scenario for me.

Fantasy sports makes you root for players you otherwise wouldn’t. I drafted Carlos Correa in the 15th round of my draft on Wednesday. I was shocked that he was still there as I expect him to have a big year in his contract year. I can’t stand him or the Astros, but if he has a big year while his team loses, that would be a perfect scenario for me.
Yes. I missed my draft yesterday but ended up with Salvador Perez, who I had years ago, as my catcher. I kinda felt like when my favorite team brings back an old fan favorite.

Yes. I missed my draft yesterday but ended up with Salvador Perez, who I had years ago, as my catcher. I kinda felt like when my favorite team brings back an old fan favorite.
My team is vastly mediocre.

Agreed. 10th is way too early. 12th would probably be perfect.

In the playoffs, just play it out like they always did.
I get not wanting 18 inning games.

It’s just completely changing the game way too much it would be like the NBA making every shot beyond the free throw line worth 3 points at the beginning of OT.

Play 2 normal innings then speed it up.
Teams would use their closers at home in the top of the 10th in ties games. Now it’s not hard to score that in those type of situations.

Shortstop is really deep.
That is why a guy like Correa falls.

I took Acuna first overall over Tatis Jr. and like you got Correa in the teens.

Catcher after Realmuto is luck.

I got Sanchez later in the draft and think it might be lucky.
There are only a few guys who can hit Grandal/d’Arnold etc.

Lol I was too young for that. I can't stand Bauer or the way he trolled the Mets.
Is he pretty much the real life version of Jack Parkman or something?

I’m happy to have him!

The 10th inning rule is about 3% as dumb as the NHL “3 point” game. The fact that some games give out 2 points and some games give out 3 points is not only the dumbest thing in professional sports, it is arguably the dumbest and most idiotic thing in the history of western civilization.

there are many smart people who try to defend this rule... stupidly. They state the “tradition” and integrity of the standing and comparing records to the past. Look idiot, when 27 teams out of 31 finish over .500 in your eyes, maybe that .500 means nothing. Comparing a teams points now versus 20 years ago also means nothing.

that same idiot then complains how games are slow at times in the crunch. Well look dummy why the hell would teams even try to press in a tie game in the 3rf period, when both teams know the best expected point scenario is to get it to overtime. When you have a rule that encourages crappier and less exciting play at the end don’t you think the rule is a problem dummy.

I have no problem with the way they do overtime. But it needs to be 3 points for a win in regulation, and a 2-1 split if it goes to overtime.
hockey doesnt have a 3 pt game rule except in some college leagues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom