2021 New York Football Giants Off-Season Thread | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

2021 New York Football Giants Off-Season Thread

In a long list of board is wrong moments the funniest one was people on here (some veteran posters included) actually were pissed the Bills and St. Doug didn't take Nassib in the first round.
Lol. There was actually a “Doug stabbed Nassib in the back by not taking him” narrative. Nassib ended up being a 4th round pick, lol.

So what?

Take it from somebody in sales who was educated took business marketing courses. You don't get your customer base or fanbase in this case excited for your product by taking an O-Lineman in round 1. Unless you are already a superbowl contending team. We take Smith or Waddle NFL will be talking about us and our unstoppable offense the next day.

Take it from somebody in sales who was educated took business marketing courses. You don't get your customer base or fanbase in this case excited for your product by taking an O-Lineman in round 1. Unless you are already a superbowl contending team. We take Smith or Waddle NFL will be talking about us and our unstoppable offense the next day.
So what?

This is about winning games.

Giants fans will turn out regardless of what position they pick.

So what?

This is about winning games.

Giants fans will turn out regardless of what position they pick.
Hulk didn’t watch the Super.Bowl.
He think Tyreke Hill and Travis Kelce can be effective even when their QB is running for his life and the DL is pressuring all game long.

OL is the safest pick to make. Giants should select best player available.

Hulk didn’t watch the Super.Bowl.
He think Tyreke Hill and Travis Kelce can be effective even when their QB is running for his life and the DL is pressuring all game long.

OL is the safest pick to make. Giants should select best player available.

Best player available: agreed.

Also, fans should wait until the entire draft is over before pretending to be a scout and throwing a hissyfit because the guy they liked the most based on reading someone else’s mocks wasnt your team’s choice.

Best player available: agreed.

Also, fans should wait until the entire draft is over before pretending to be a scout and throwing a hissyfit because the guy they liked the most based on reading someone else’s mocks wasnt your team’s choice.
We don’t know for 2 years about any draft.

Once players have 2 seasons it’s pretty established what they are.

If the Giants take Slater, or Parsons they won’t be flashy but they shouldn’t cause any fans to revolt.

I think the fact 4 QBs are going high is pushing better players down the board.

I also don’t think any team is going to trade into the top 10 because the 49ers trade with Miami overflooded the market price to move up by overpaying the Dolphins.

Thus teams like Dallas and New York are in position to trade back if they get extra picks and know what type of player they want.

I think whoever ends up with Micah Parsons if he gets past 9 is getting a steal.

We don’t know for 2 years about any draft.

Once players have 2 seasons it’s pretty established what they are.

If the Giants take Slater, or Parsons they won’t be flashy but they shouldn’t cause any fans to revolt.

I think the fact 4 QBs are going high is pushing better players down the board.

I also don’t think any team is going to trade into the top 10 because the 49ers trade with Miami overflooded the market price to move up by overpaying the Dolphins.

Thus teams like Dallas and New York are in position to trade back if they get extra picks and know what type of player they want.

I think whoever ends up with Micah Parsons if he gets past 9 is getting a steal.

I don't want Slater or Parsons. I want Devonta Smith. Remember the Heisman Trophy Winner ? I would also love Waddle.

I don't want Slater or Parsons. I want Devonta Smith. Remember the Heisman Trophy Winner ? I would also love Waddle.
You don’t care the deepest position in this draft is WR. Their will be good WRs available in the 3rd round.

Lol. There was actually a “Doug stabbed Nassib in the back by not taking him” narrative. Nassib ended up being a 4th round pick, lol.
that narrative included by him not taking him, he was labeled as something and therefore nobody else would take him with a 10 foot pole.

the best was in the 2nd and 3rd round and nobody was grabbing him, there were people in tears.

he ended up in the 4th round...RIGHT where your Kaiser predicted, of course to my Giants, which while i wasnt happy, i got it.

he did have a few years where he was the #2, but it was clear that was a reach for his talents.

thank god for Eli...

From an outside perspective the Giants' biggest problem is the guy making the picks. I'm familiar with that through many years of stupid Raiders draft picks.

From an outside perspective the Giants' biggest problem is the guy making the picks. I'm familiar with that through many years of stupid Raiders draft picks.
I would wholeheartedly agree in regards to Reese, and I sympathize with watching the Raiders picks over the years (albeit as an outsider as well). I hated Reese’s picks real time, he was terrible and the vast majority of any success he had was off of Ernie’s coat tails.

But, I’m not as cold on Gettleman as most, I think he had an enormous task in front of him in turning over the roster he inherited and has done admirably thus far.

2021 we be the litmus test, results should be starting to happen and I the organization is getting antsy. I do believe the team can compete, and am looking forward to the season.

It feels like for the first time in awhile, we’ll be drafting on value as opposed to overtly glaring needs.

If this is another bad year without much progress, Dave will be shown the door.

I would wholeheartedly agree in regards to Reese, and I sympathize with watching the Raiders picks over the years (albeit as an outsider as well). I hated Reese’s picks real time, he was terrible and the vast majority of any success he had was off of Ernie’s coat tails.

But, I’m not as cold on Gettleman as most, I think he had an enormous task in front of him in turning over the roster he inherited and has done admirably thus far.

2021 we be the litmus test, results should be starting to happen and I the organization is getting antsy. I do believe the team can compete, and am looking forward to the season.

It feels like for the first time in awhile, we’ll be drafting on value as opposed to overtly glaring needs.

If this is another bad year without much progress, Dave will be shown the door.

Gettleman’s drafts have been pretty good overall IMO. Free agent moves have been spotty, but the bad ones were mostly low risk. The Williams trade was controversial and I do see the other side of it, but Williams has been an absolute monster on the field so that’s the bottom line for me. We’ve got to start winning, but I think he’s done a good job of rebuilding and think we’re on the verge of winning. 5-3 in the last 8 last year, and lost a ton of games right at the end early on. Feels like we’re ready to breakout to me.

Gettleman’s drafts have been pretty good overall IMO. Free agent moves have been spotty, but the bad ones were mostly low risk. The Williams trade was controversial and I do see the other side of it, but Williams has been an absolute monster on the field so that’s the bottom line for me. We’ve got to start winning, but I think he’s done a good job of rebuilding and think we’re on the verge of winning. 5-3 in the last 8 last year, and lost a ton of games right at the end early on. Feels like we’re ready to breakout to me.
1st iggs and pokes games were W's that turned to freak losses.

thats 8-8 right there last year.

1st iggs and pokes games were W's that turned to freak losses.

thats 8-8 right there last year.
Yup. Both of those “should’ve” been wins.

Then there were the Bears and Rams games that were not over until the final play.

And the Bucs game could’ve been a win too.

To be fair, we won a couple right at the end eventually, but for awhile we were like 0-5 in games that went to the final play.

These are for you CuseRunner... I even drafted a WR with my 2nd, 2nd rounder for ya.

All trades were offered, I didn’t push.
5FE6C5D7-B4C9-4CAF-8663-C726E5056DE4.jpeg

Attachments

• 13B72374-DDAB-4F09-AA71-F3A5E272C237.jpeg
    13B72374-DDAB-4F09-AA71-F3A5E272C237.jpeg
    360.3 KB · Views: 87
Acceptable picks at 11 for me

1. WR Jaylen Waddle or WR DeVonta Smith
2. CB Patrick Surtain
3. LB Micah Parsons

i forwarded your acceptable list to Pat Hanlon.

we got your back crunner...

On the Giants insider saying Giants are choosing between 5 players if available Waddle(WR Bama)/Smith(WR Bama)/Surtain(CB Bama)/Slater (OT/OG Northwestern)/Horn (CB South Carolina)

Clearly, they have no idea who’s asking...for if they knew it was the great crunner, they would’ve picked up the batphone.

This morning mock drafts seeing Payne the DT from Michigan State being projected at 11. WE DON'T NEED D-LINE. If we go defense we LB Parsons or CB Surtain. But it should be receiver. Waddle and Smith going to be there. Smith in the mocks is free falling.

This morning mock drafts seeing Payne the DT from Michigan State being projected at 11. WE DON'T NEED D-LINE. If we go defense we LB Parsons or CB Surtain. But it should be receiver. Waddle and Smith going to be there. Smith in the mocks is free falling.
Pick the best player available.