2021 New York Football Giants Off-Season Thread | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2021 New York Football Giants Off-Season Thread

hey, i get you dont care about the points chart everyone uses, but the Giants need more top of the line guys and not depth.

they start depth, its time to start Pro Bowlers again.

moving back and losing value while hoping to still get your guy for a flyer on an extra young body...doesnt do them any good.

recent history tells me someone would jump them again and we'd be stuck with another Eli Apple.

But what if the Giants like multiple guys they can get in the 16-22 draft range and get a few extra picks by moving back? At 11 it's BPA, but they have a few needs and drafting some (edge rusher) would be reaching at 11, and could be had by moving back. If Slater is there at 11 then grab him, but nothing wrong with moving back and gaining picks.

But what if the Giants like multiple guys they can get in the 16-22 draft range and get a few extra picks by moving back? At 11 it's BPA, but they have a few needs and drafting some (edge rusher) would be reaching at 11, and could be had by moving back. If Slater is there at 11 then grab him, but nothing wrong with moving back and gaining picks.
He wants the team trading up to feel pain in the deal. Which won’t happen if it’s 11 and they are trading to 15 which is 4 spots.

If it was going from 11 to to 7 its different than going from 15 to 11.

Pain would be the KC deal with Buffalo to get Mahomes. They went from 27 to 10 and had to give up a future first and 3rd round pick.

Going from 15 to 11 wouldn’t cost more than a 96th pick and 5th.

It’s the Giants right though to just take BPA at 11.

He wants the team trading up to feel pain in the deal. Which won’t happen if it’s 11 and they are trading to 15 which is 4 spots.

If it was going from 11 to to 7 its different than going from 15 to 11.

Pain would be the KC deal with Buffalo to get Mahomes. They went from 27 to 10 and had to give up a future first and 3rd round pick.

Going from 15 to 11 wouldn’t cost more than a 96th pick and 5th.

It’s the Giants right though to just take BPA at 11.

Honestly, that was my fault, I did not read the whole convo (just did after your post). I'd agree moving from 15 to 11 isn't going to net a 2nd rounder

Honestly, that was my fault, I did not read the whole convo (just did after your post). I'd agree moving from 15 to 11 isn't going to net a 2nd rounder
it likely wont and it certainly wont net 2 16-22's, at least not a 1 this year, maybe a 1 next year. a future 1 is only good if they drop just a few spots, otherwise they are giving up a nice pick at 11 for something worse and a 1 next year that could even be #32...you just dont know.

i dont see a trade occuring for the Giants at 11 which makes sense for them unless there is great pain on the other side.

pain only happens with a QB...or the Bills when they want Sammy Watson.

If he wants to take Smith or Waddle there, if they have that high of value on them, great. But at some point, you’ve got to shed some of the roster then.

Shepard, Engram, Slayton (on the cheap right now), Golladay. If you draft Smith/Waddle. Someone’s off the field from that group in 11 personnel. And that doesn’t even account for Ross.

Garrett loves 12 personnel and we just brought on Rudolph for that 2nd TE spot. That means two of them are off the field.

Don’t get me wrong, I love talent but it looks like we’re getting ready for some roster transition.

A lot of Giants fans on forums are not wanting Smith one bit

Well if they don’t want them on the forums...

Dude just lit up the world and was having a Barry-Sanders-in-the-Holiday-Bowl postseason game before he got dinged but we can’t move on him bc if Slayton or Engram or Golladay?

A lot of Giants fans on forums post about Eli like alsacs. People hate to be wrong.

I’m ok with a WR because Shepard is a liability and Slayton may not be good.
I like Shepard, but yeah he’s always hurt and with the concussion issue he could be done at any time.

Slayton could be a Manningham. Which is fine, but you don’t avoid upgrading the position because of a guy like that.

Im pretty much good on Engram too. He’s basically been Travis Beckum with a lot more opportunity.

Draft Buzz. Giants are in love with Waddle.

Saquon and Gallman in backfield. Golladay Sheppard Slayton add Waddle with Engram at TE. Who is going to stop that offense nobody.

Draft Buzz. Giants are in love with Waddle.

Saquon and Gallman in backfield. Golladay Sheppard Slayton add Waddle with Engram at TE. Who is going to stop that offense nobody.
Gotta block.

Still gotta block.

What Round was Snee Ohara Diehl Booth Seubert drafted in ?

Last great oline we had. Only free agent signing McKenzie was a first round pick. What I'm saying dont draft OLINE in round 1. Just my football philosophy.

What Round was Snee Ohara Diehl Booth Seubert drafted in ?

Last great oline we had. Only free agent signing McKenzie was a first round pick. What I'm saying dont draft OLINE in round 1. Just my football philosophy.
Im just saying: gotta block. If we do, we’ll have a good offense.

By majority of the mock drafts I have seen Waddle or Smith least one or both should be there at 11. Seems its Chase Waddle and Smith in that order ranking. If one or both of those guys are there and we dont take them I'm going to be livid. Most mocks I have seen is taking either smith or waddle or Slater the Olinemen from Northwestern which you know how I feel about first round oline.

By majority of the mock drafts I have seen Waddle or Smith least one or both should be there at 11. Seems its Chase Waddle and Smith in that order ranking. If one or both of those guys are there and we dont take them I'm going to be livid. Most mocks I have seen is taking either smith or waddle or Slater the Olinemen from Northwestern which you know how I feel about first round oline.

Nobody really cares if you’re livid or not though.

Nobody really cares if you’re livid or not though.

Giants fans will be livid. We dont need another OLINE how did that work out last year I never wanted Andrew Thomas.

A lot of Giants fans on forums post about Eli like alsacs. People hate to be wrong.

I’m ok with a WR because Shepard is a liability and Slayton may not be good.

In a long list of board is wrong moments the funniest one was people on here (some veteran posters included) actually were pissed the Bills and St. Doug didn't take Nassib in the first round.