2021 NFL Thread | Page 124 | Syracusefan.com

2021 NFL Thread

Though Buffalo had an arrogant game plan and thought they could get away with it Because of Allen’s arm strength. Sure, they missed opportunities, but so did New England.

It felt like like had to show that Allen has the strongest arm in the history of the league.

They were lucky one of the back to back out routes in the first half didn’t get pick sixed.
I disagree, I thought their offensive game plan in the first quarter was too conservative.

The only misdirection they attempted were run fakes and tosses 5 yards behind the LOS that had little chance of confusing a well coached D like NE.

IMO, they should've lined up in one of their obvious passing formations (maybe not 4 wide but something that they've thrown out of regularly) and run Josh Allen.

Try to force NE to hedge against Allen getting out to the edge or up the middle and that would've opened a lot up.

Other change I wanted them to make was ditching the single high safety. They consistently had Hyde or Poyer 15 yards off the LOS. I would've put all 11 in the box, especially in the quarters NE was going into the wind, and dared them to throw.

Though Buffalo had an arrogant game plan and thought they could get away with it Because of Allen’s arm strength. Sure, they missed opportunities, but so did New England.

It felt like like had to show that Allen has the strongest arm in the history of the league.

They were lucky one of the back to back out routes in the first half didn’t get pick sixed.
Haha arrogant? Disagree completely, actually. If that was arrogant they weren’t arrogant enough.

I have been advised to stay out of the Bills thread when discussing the Pats in relation to them (which is completely fair, especially after a loss), so I will discuss the game here.

I don't know what was more surprising to me, the fact that the Pats only threw 3 times, or that in that weather, the Bills threw more than they ran. That was a weird AF game plan.

The morning (and a clear head) after, I think that Buffalo absolutely has a chance to right the ship the next time these teams play. But that only really matters if they beat Tampa this week.

That being said, can't understand why this cold weather team isn't build for cold weather.

Things can and will change, and I expect this to be a nip and tuck division for years, but...I like the Pats chances as long as the Bills keep building their team from the perimeter inward.

New England did, but they played conservative and playing conservative limits your opportunities.

Tampa is only -3 against Buffalo this week.
Vegas still believes in Buffalo.

That means this would be pick ‘em on a neutral field.

I actually like Buffalo if Vegas is telling me this.

Buffalo was -2.5 last night.
Yes changing the Dome roof at the end of it's life span and remodeming the Dome in earnest foe the first time ever is totally comparable to bringing back a coach well under .500 in year 6. Just stop

Tampa is only -3 against Buffalo this week.
Vegas still believes in Buffalo.

That means this would be pick ‘em on a neutral field.

I actually like Buffalo if Vegas is telling me this.

Buffalo was -2.5 last night.

Bills need to figure out their redzone woes, but if they do I actually like their chances. Brady will score points but the Bucs defense isn't as strong as last year

It’s so comical - people will lap this up…because it’s Belichick. This is something I’d expect to hear from Dan Campbell.

You practice in 50 mph winds, with snow blowing sideways?
All that practice blocked the opposing running back's vision to bounce outside for a walk in 5 yard score.

It’s so comical - people will lap this up…because it’s Belichick. This is something I’d expect to hear from Dan Campbell.

You practice in 50 mph winds, with snow blowing sideways?

I'm about to go into the "40 yard wind tunnel" building business. You'll need the deluxe model for the "Buffalo" setting tho.

I think McDermott should have just shut up postgame. He was salty. His comments can be right but it doesn’t mean he wasn’t butthurt.
The Bills have lost all their close games this year he didn’t talk like that after those games.
The Patriots showed the Bills what they were doing offensively.
All McDermott should have said this game was weird, we lost and will comeback in 2 weeks.
I've seen Belichick after losses where he was very salty, blow by handshake etc. These guys put everything they have into their jobs. After the game they may not be at their best, ie JB at a presser after his team plays poorly. It happens. Seems weird that you're making such a big deal over McD's comments.

So u think Buffalo should have tried to run more? Not sure of your point. I think they should have passed more frequently, particularly on first down and Allen should have done some designed runs, particularly in the red zone.

So u think Buffalo should have tried to run more? Not sure of your point. I think they should have passed more frequently, particularly on first down and Allen should have done some designed runs, particularly in the red zone.
I think they should have utilized Allen on designed runs more. Maybe try something called a screen pass.

I think asking to pass more down the field was just asking for more mistakes. As I said earlier they should have had back to back passes pick 6’d. There’s a reason some of those balls weren’t caught and it was 100 percent the elements.

Last edited:
I think they should have utilized Allen on designed runs more. Maybe try something called a screen pass.

I think asking to pass more down the field was just asking for more mistakes. As I said earlier they should have had back to back passes pick 6’d. There’s a reason some of those balls weren’t caught and it was 100 percent the elements.
We agree on the Allen run plays but how many times can you do that? The only times they moved the ball was through the air. I understand the conditions were poor but running into the middle of the line to get one yard wasn't getting it done. You cite the near picks but there were also several drops that could have been positive plays.

You wanted one of the worst teams in the NFL in the screen game to run...screen passes?

Are you saying the reason that the back to back (?) pick 6s were not caught was the weather? Or were only the Diggs & Knox drops due to the weather?

Cook should just sit

I may be biased as a Steeler fan but I agree 100 percent. I've dislocated my left shoulder five times. Granted I didn't get the medical care he had, they are no joke.

The Steelers have 9 on the field on d. There’s no other explanation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom