2021 NFL Thread | Page 133 | Syracusefan.com

2021 NFL Thread

How is Byrd still in the league? Courtney Jackson is better.

They really are. Cant see them keeping Nagy after the season.
He's definitely toast in the offseason if he even makes it that long. Part of me wonders if he gets fired today now that they're about to be allowed to start interviewing HC candidates.

Steve Levy might be worse than Joe Tessatore and Tessatore was brutal.

Can ESPN just hire a competent PBP guy for MNF. Just have Fowler do both.

You don’t enjoy Brian Griese sounding exactly like Louis Riddick and bizarrely advocating for coaches to get fired?

You don’t enjoy Brian Griese sounding exactly like Louis Riddick and bizarrely advocating for coaches to get fired?
I wasn’t paying close attention but literally everyone outside of maybe the coach’s family thinks they should be fired lol

Odell had one catch for 7 yards last night, but yeah he's back alright. His numbers with the Rams are the same as they were with the Browns this year.

Odell had one catch for 7 yards last night, but yeah he's back alright. His numbers with the Rams are the same as they were with the Browns this year.
All I want from Odell is 1….”Eli was the best QB I’ve played with” admission….and I will acknowledge his presence again.

He does have 3 TDs which I think is still more than any Browns WR since they released him

He does have 3 TDs which I think is still more than any Browns WR since they released him
Td's are luck/scheme related more than anything. He's used primarily at the goal line in LA. The Browns have Chubb. Big difference. Catches and targets are the same.

He hasn't been a WR1 since 2016. The media and fans buy into his hype.

Td's are luck/scheme related more than anything. He's used primarily at the goal line in LA. The Browns have Chubb. Big difference. Catches and targets are the same.

He hasn't been a WR1 since 2016. The media and fans buy into his hype.

Using him in the red zone would indicate they have trust in him especially in a critical area of the field. I don’t think OBJ will ever be 2014/2015 level again but people act like he’s awful which is fallacious

Using him in the red zone would indicate they have trust in him especially in a critical area of the field. I don’t think OBJ will ever be 2014/2015 level again but people act like he’s awful which is fallacious
hes close to awful.

if i could track his TD% between catch & run and catch in the endzone, the % has to be about 98% catch and run.

he simply drops TDs when in the endzone already or he disappears.

We must not follow the same people because I am constantly reading the opposite. He's catching 53% of his targets. It's the lowest on both the Rams and Browns. He's ok. That's it.

I don't want to go into the Bills thread to say this because I got yelled at for going there last time, but ... as a Patriots fan, I am far more worried about this game than I am the one in Buffalo. That game, when I saw the weather was going to be wonky, I felt like Belichick had a very good chance at outcoaching McDermott. Wasnt sure who would win, but was an ever so slight lean New England.

This one...if it comes down to pure skill and becomes short of shootout-ish...I think Jones can hang with Allen enough to keep it close, but he hasn't yet proven, even in strong games vs. Brady and Dak, he can win one of those.

I hope this is finally the beginning of teams not locking up mediocre QBs at elite QB money.
I still dont get how Ray Rice was (justifiably) kicked out of the league forever, yet so many other really scummy guys like Antonio Brown and Desean Watson aren't. I mean I guess it comes down to the happenstance that one camera was recording, but t's gross.

I don't want to go into the Bills thread to say this because I got yelled at for going there last time, but ... as a Patriots fan, I am far more worried about this game than I am the one in Buffalo. That game, when I saw the weather was going to be wonky, I felt like Belichick had a very good chance at outcoaching McDermott. Wasnt sure who would win, but was an ever so slight lean New England.

This one...if it comes down to pure skill and becomes short of shootout-ish...I think Jones can hang with Allen enough to keep it close, but he hasn't yet proven, even in strong games vs. Brady and Dak, he can win one of those.

As a Bills fan, I'm just worried about the O-line holding up against the Pats D-line and protecting Allen. It won't matter if the weather is good or bad if you can't protect your QB

As a Bills fan, I'm just worried about the O-line holding up against the Pats D-line and protecting Allen. It won't matter if the weather is good or bad if you can't protect your QB

Especially with two starting O-linemen currently out.

The 49ers appear to be peaking at the right time.

Edit: of course I say that and Jimmy G throws a pick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom