2021 NFL Thread | Page 165 | Syracusefan.com

2021 NFL Thread

Yep. The last 2 games are proof positive of that.
Wasnt a fluke. It was a confluence of multiple factors .. the most important of which was the bills gameplan to be conservative due to the weather ..too high a percentage of 1st and 2nd down runs until it got late.

Howie Roseman is on drugs if he thinks he's getting the same for Wentz that the Lions got for Stafford.
Bill O’Brien no longer has control of an NFL roster

I have this very sneaking suspicion that Pittsburg is going to put a scare into the chiefs .. but im not betting them
Same. Seems hard to blow a team out twice in close proximity. The Bills are never lucky enough to get the outright upset though.

Same. Seems hard to blow a team out twice in close proximity. The Bills are never lucky enough to get the outright upset though.
Tj watt only played about half the snaps last time . I see this game going much like the browns / chiefs playoff game last year

Honestly I think the chiefs win by 20. But that’s what they play the game. It’ll come down to if the pitt D can get some turnovers and if their offense can actually convert some shots downfield.

Wasnt a fluke. It was a confluence of multiple factors .. the most important of which was the bills gameplan to be conservative due to the weather ..too high a percentage of 1st and 2nd down runs until it got late.
The fluke aspect was the extreme weather conditions that worked against the team with the much better passing attack. Once you remove that aspect it's clear that the Bills were the far superior team. I do agree that the Bills were too conservative that night but the playing conditions made it very difficult to throw the ball.

Having not seen many Pats' games this year, I was stunned by the lack of impact players on both sides of the ball. Mac Jones has potential, but he doesn't look like the franchise savior to me.

Everything about that team screams 'ordinary, at best' to me. I wonder if Belichick starts to contemplate retirement...

Having not seen many Pats' games this year, I was stunned by the lack of impact players on both sides of the ball. Mac Jones has potential, but he doesn't look like the franchise savior to me.

Everything about that team screams 'ordinary, at best' to me. I wonder if Belichick starts to contemplate retirement...
I think they out performed expectation this year. Offense lacks a top tier talent on the edge but has a bunch of #2-4 options. I do like Harris a lot and the rookie Stevenson appears to be solid. The bills oline dominated the pats though, which I didn’t expect to say.

I think they out performed expectation this year. Offense lacks a top tier talent on the edge but has a bunch of #2-4 options. I do like Harris a lot and the rookie Stevenson appears to be solid. The bills oline dominated the pats though, which I didn’t expect to say.
BB definitely got the most out of them. They are perfectly average.
They got way too much credit for the Tampa/Dallas close Ls. One was in a monsoon, the other they got a ton of breaks to get to OT and were outgained by 200+yds. Tennessee ran all over them with backups and kept fumbling. A couple nice wins vs the Chargers & Browns but there was a lot of smoke&mirrors there.

My annual list of who to root for if you don’t care who wins, based on how long they’ve been waiting to win since their last championship – or their founding:
Cardinals (1947)
Titans (1961- as the Oilers)
Bills (1965)
Bengals (1968)
Raiders (1983) - sorry
Niners (1994)
Cowboys (1995)
Rams (1999)
Steelers (2008)
Packers (2010)
Eagles (2017)
Patriots (2018) - sorry
Chiefs (2019)
Buccaneers (2020)

I’ll take the Cardinals vs. the Titans, Bills or Bengals.
The Cowboys catch a lot of crap for their lack of playoff success since ‘95, but it’s pretty crazy that the Niners haven’t won it all in 27 years and nobody really talks about it. They at least came close in 2011/12 though, where Dallas hasn’t been close.

SF is hot right now, they might make a run. Hope they at least win today.

Last edited:
I think, in general, there have been far too many 'roughing' calls that really aren't roughing. Might make sense for the Rules Committee to revisit that.
I’d like to see those roughing calls be automatically reviewed. Lots of Academy Award acting jobs going on nowadays

Honestly I think the chiefs win by 20. But that’s what they play the game. It’ll come down to if the pitt D can get some turnovers and if their offense can actually convert some shots downfield.
I got a fanduel same game parlay of KC -19.5, Kelce anytime TD, and Mahomes over 280.5 passing yards. $24.34 to collect $160.47

I got a fanduel same game parlay of KC -19.5, Kelce anytime TD, and Mahomes over 280.5 passing yards. $24.34 to collect $160.47
Did you do that through the fanduel app? I only see the contests with rosters.

Big betting syndicates have hammered the Eagles all year long. Never been able to understand why. They kind of suck.

Big betting syndicates have hammered the Eagles all year long. Never been able to understand why. They kind of suck.
They were 9-8 ATS. The first matchup with Tampa they hit the backdoor cover. I'd imagine it's those kinds of games the sharps were all over the Eagles.

They were 9-8 ATS. The first matchup with Tampa they hit the backdoor cover. I'd imagine it's those kinds of games the sharps were all over the Eagles.
They probably did well then because the #s being bet were often different than the closing #s. I could just never figure out what they were seeing in them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom