2021 NFL Thread | Page 208 | Syracusefan.com

2021 NFL Thread

My suggestion for OT. The clock starts at zero. Whoever wins the toss gets the ball first. Clock goes up after first possession of the team with ball scores then the other team gets the amount of time used to score.
After that the game is over.
If the first team doesn’t score no clock the rest of the game first team that scores wins.

If the team that score first kicks a FG then the other team can’t kick a FG they only get the time to try and score a TD..

NFL overtime rules have sucked for a long time and they still suck. Play the entire quarter and the allow the other team to get the ball. This cheapens one of the greatest games I’ve watched NFL wise

Please tell me the Jints are hiring Leslie Frazier
It doesn’t really matter. It’s McD’s Defense. He can hire another Frazier.

Issue is you didn’t really have to play defense there. Just play the rules against the chiefs. Interfere everywhere and you force them into one Hail Mary to decide the game. Bills thought they had it in the bag and got lazy.

Cinncinati can beat Kansas City. They’ve done it once already. Hopefully Burrow gets rid of the ball faster than he did yesterday.

NFL overtime rules have sucked for a long time and they still suck. Play the entire quarter and the allow the other team to get the ball. This cheapens one of the greatest games I’ve watched NFL wise
Yep, I'm not a Bills fan but whichever QB got it first was going to win. They were both unstoppable. What a disservice to the game to end it that way.

Cinncinati can beat Kansas City. They’ve done it once already. Hopefully Burrow gets rid of the ball faster than he did yesterday.

Any of the teams left are capable of beating them.

Agree. Lots of ways you can tweak it. I personally prefer a full or 10 mimics quarter. If not that, give second team a chance but they have to go for two.

It doesn’t really matter. It’s McD’s Defense. He can hire another Frazier.

Issue is you didn’t really have to play defense there. Just play the rules against the chiefs. Interfere everywhere and you force them into one Hail Mary to decide the game. Bills thought they had it in the bag and got lazy.

I agree 100% (and like your idea but the clock stops on those PI penalties).

They should’ve blitzed 5-6 on first down. Didn’t blitz him all night and probably would’ve caught him completely off guard.

Going to echo some of the others. I'm not a bills fan, though I am sick of the chiefs. I've been complaining about the OT rules in the NFL since they got the Colts more than a decade ago. In that case it was a long FG to win. They made that small change but there is never a reason to only allow one team to play offense in OT. That would be like hockey ending if the first team in a shootout scored. No one would be okay with that. Well the goalie should have stopped it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom