2021 NFL Thread | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

2021 NFL Thread

I'm sure you're hoping (maybe correctly) that next year's pick traded to Philly will be a late first rounder. The way Howie Roseman is going Miami is destined to win the SB.
Miami with Tua doesn’t scare me.
AFC East is going to be a tough battle next season
Buffalo is the favorite.
Miami and New England good teams.

If Miami traded their own pick for 2022 I think Philly should be happy I don’t think Miami is a lock to make the playoffs.

Philly did great.
They picked up an extra future first round pick.

For going down 6 spots.
Clearly they don’t like the WRs at 6.
Not so fast as Mr. Corso would say. If Miami has a big year next year then this trade was not a good trade. All depends on the Phins.

I'm sure you're hoping (maybe correctly) that next year's pick traded to Philly will be a late first rounder. The way Howie Roseman is going Miami is destined to win the SB.
I see Miami, as is currently, as a 9 or 10 win team again. So yes hopefully. If Deshaun’s innocent and comes to Miami, that’s a 13 or 14 win team

Buffalo is the favorite.

If Miami traded their own pick for 2022 I think Philly should be happy I don’t think Miami is a lock to make the playoffs.
I don’t know, I think there’s a chance we all (me included) prematurely wrote off Tua. With Gaskins healthy + Etienne or Harris the phins could be scary.

Buffalo is the favorite.

I don't have a strong view either way but like I said it won't be a great trade if Miami goes 11-5 next year. I agree with you about Tua but he may not be the QB next season.

Phins dont want Parsons. Its gonna be an O pick

Not so fast as Mr. Corso would say. If Miami has a big year next year then this trade was not a good trade. All depends on the Phins.
Miami without Watson is a 9-10 win team. They need a solid backup for Tua if they don’t get Watson or Wilson.

They aren’t a wagon.
AFC East is improved.

I think Philly took advantage of San Fran overpaying.

A future first to move down 6 spots is an amazing trade.

Miami without Watson is a 9-10 win team. They need a solid backup for Tua if they don’t get Watson or Wilson.

They aren’t a wagon.
AFC East is improved.

I think Philly took advantage of San Fran overpaying.

A future first to move down 6 spots is an amazing trade.
Not all future firsts are created equal. Of course either way you have Howie Roseman doing the drafting and that hasn't worked out very well over the last 5 years. One pro bowler in that stretch and he was just traded to Indy.

I don’t know, I think there’s a chance we all (me included) prematurely wrote off Tua. With Gaskins healthy + Etienne or Harris the phins could be scary.
Weapons weren’t the issue for Tua.
Miami has a solid offensive core.
Miami has a solid all around squad.
The QB position is just a question mark.

I think Miami is going to add a WR at 6.

They made out well no matter what.
San Fran overpaid so they overpaid a little to get the player they want at 6.
4 QBs are likely going in the top 5.
Miami is going to get the player they likely wanted at 3 now at 6 and picked up an extra first rounder.

Weapons weren’t the issue for Tua.
Miami has a solid offensive core.
Miami has a solid all around squad.
The QB position is just a question mark.

I think Miami is going to add a WR at 6.

They made out well no matter what.
San Fran overpaid so they overpaid a little to get the player they want at 6.
4 QBs are likely going in the top 5.
Miami is going to get the player they likely wanted at 3 now at 6 and picked up an extra first rounder.
Its Chase or Smith at 6 imo.

Weapons is an issue though. Parker and Williams spent most of the time, while Tua was in, hurt.

We also have one of the NFL’s worst rushing offenses. You add a quality RB to Miami and thats another win or 2.

Our defense is young and will only improve. Need a safety desperately (Cisco?!)

I get a Patrick Willis vibe watching this kid play in 2019.

If I could get any realistic player in the first round I want Parsons.

I think he is going to move up closer to the draft as he is probably the safest pick in the draft.

Great day for Phins fans IMO. Maybe Tua will prove to be a bust but people were grading him on a curve that didn't apply to any other rookie for whatever reason. I guess maybe he brought some of it upon himself but he played decently well as a rookie despite having a poor OLine, poor WRs, and poor/injured RBs.

They're almost certainly going to get the player they had planned to take at #3 and picked up an extra 1st and 3rd in the process.

I don’t think San Fran is going to suck next year if they hold onto Jimmy G.

They are getting Bosa and a lot or defensive starters back.

They should be a playoff contender next year.
Miami should be hoping they trade Jimmy G so the rookie has all the pressure.

I don’t think San Fran is going to suck next year if they hold onto Jimmy G.

They are getting Bosa and a lot or defensive starters back.

They should be a playoff contender next year.
Miami should be hoping they trade Jimmy G so the rookie has all the pressure.
Should be a better pick than the phins 2022. Should.

Not all future firsts are created equal. Of course either way you have Howie Roseman doing the drafting and that hasn't worked out very well over the last 5 years. One pro bowler in that stretch and he was just traded to Indy.
I'd be extremely happy if I were you. Just plucked an extra 1st for a minimal move down and will still get a pretty similar player at 12 as 6 in this draft.

All I know is that if any GM becomes the architect for a Bills Super Bowl winning squad that he would be celebrated until the end of time.

Find your fanbase exceptionally weird. Were pretty irrelevant for a while, then Roseman builds a roster that wins a damn SUPER BOWL and now everyone has turned on him because the bill came due on that championship roster. Same folks that are whining now would have been the same ones whining if he didn't pay to keep those guys all together.

If it were me, I take Sewell or Pitts at 6 (whichever one Cinci doesn't take) and then go WR with the other 1st. There's bound to be one or two great WR prospects available there.

If it were me, I take Sewell or Pitts at 6 (whichever one Cinci doesn't take) and then go WR with the other 1st. There's bound to be one or two great WR prospects available there.
They are in an interesting spot. They used 2 picks in the top 39 last year to draft their starting tackles. Sewell is obviously better than either and maybe you end up actually strengthening 3 spots by having him at LT, Jackson to RT and Hunt kicks inside. Already have an excellent TE in Gesecki and 2 quality WRs. None of those spots are really weak so more about turning an average position group into an elite group. They obviously must have 3 guys they love in order to give up that extra 1 and go back up to 6 and guarantee one of them. Imagine you're right and Sewell and Pitts are 2 of them and then probably Chase as the 3rd I'd think.

They are in an interesting spot. They used 2 picks in the top 39 last year to draft their starting tackles. Sewell is obviously better than either and maybe you end up actually strengthening 3 spots by having him at LT, Jackson to RT and Hunt kicks inside. Already have an excellent TE in Gesecki and 2 quality WRs. None of those spots are really weak so more about turning an average position group into an elite group. They obviously must have 3 guys they love in order to give up that extra 1 and go back up to 6 and guarantee one of them. Imagine you're right and Sewell and Pitts are 2 of them and then probably Chase as the 3rd I'd think.
Its Chase, Smith or Pitts imo

Its Chase, Smith or Pitts imo
I wouldn't think that Smith would be a guy that you give up that extra 1 to go secure that high. He's just too slight to be an absolute sure thing. Certainly was unstoppable this year but has some risk involved.

I imagine you're right. I wouldn't bother with Smith there personally though
I highly prefer the other 2, but the phins like Smith too so I wouldn’t be shocked.

It’s weird but Im almost more interested to see what they do at 18

I highly prefer the other 2, but the phins like Smith too so I wouldn’t be shocked.

It’s weird but Im almost more interested to see what they do at 18
They certainly shouldn't go RB at 18 even with it a glaring need. Should be BPA there and then come up from 36 if needed to get 1 of the 2 RBs. Fairly good shot that 1 will still be there at 36 anyway.

They certainly shouldn't go RB at 18 even with it a glaring need. Should be BPA there and then come up from 36 if needed to get 1 of the 2 RBs. Fairly good shot that 1 will still be there at 36 anyway.
Hoping for a G or Dl at 18. 36 has Etienne or Harris’ names all over it

Hoping for a G or Dl at 18. 36 has Etienne or Harris’ names all over it
Yeah even if those two RBs are gone at 36, the UNC guy arguably is just as good if not better and he'll almost certainly be there if the other two aren't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom