2021 NFL Thread | Page 59 | Syracusefan.com

2021 NFL Thread

I think the Rams were stupid to pay 2nd first round picks for Stafford when their offer to Detroit likely would have gotten them Rodgers.

Rodgers is going to be a giant pain in ass this year. He is fighting his coach in post games press conferences already. He isn’t even going to be passive aggressive he is going to be outright aggressive.

Giants shouldn’t give up the picks for him as I think they need an OL.
Giants with the 2 first round picks this year could make a run at Watson who is worth the payment once this season is over.

IMO, I don't think any team should make a run at Deshaun. I'll just leave it there. All understanding of due process, but I don't want the Giants looking at him at all.

I definitely agree that our OL is a mess and needs to be tended to. I don't think Rodgers would want to come to the Giants unless we basically let him pick the GM/Coach and shored up the line.

And you are right, it looks like Rodgers is just going to go rogue this year. Going to be a mess to manage.

IMO, I don't think any team should make a run at Deshaun. I'll just leave it there. All understanding of due process, but I don't want the Giants looking at him at all.

I definitely agree that our OL is a mess and needs to be tended to. I don't think Rodgers would want to come to the Giants unless we basically let him pick the GM/Coach and shored up the line.

And you are right, it looks like Rodgers is just going to go rogue this year. Going to be a mess to manage.

Deshaun is going to instantly be suspended for the season the minute someone activates him. The Texans are basically doing the NFL a favor by keeping his situation out of the news.

I think Miami makes the most sense for Rodgers. I also think they should at least try to kick the tires on Matt Ryan if they can't get Rodgers.

The Giants and Falcons at least yesterday looked like early contenders for the number 1 pick and Rodgers isn't going to fix all the other issues the Giants have.

Deshaun is going to instantly be suspended for the season the minute someone activates him. The Texans are basically doing the NFL a favor by keeping his situation out of the news.

I think Miami makes the most sense for Rodgers. I also think they should at least try to kick the tires on Matt Ryan if they can't get Rodgers.

The Giants and Falcons at least yesterday looked like early contenders for the number 1 pick and Rodgers isn't going to fix all the other issues the Giants have.
I'd much rather roll with Tua if I were in their shoes than to trade anything of value for Ryan. I'm not really convinced he's better than Tua at this point. I wouldn't blame them if they went for someone like Rodgers because Rodgers is clearly a stud but there's no real point in trading for someone like Ryan IMO even if you could make the money work.

The Jets are only a game back. :) But seriously, did anyone see their game today? How did Wilson look? I know it was a slow start, but was he playing better by the end?
I thought he looked pretty good for his first game. Made some good throws and some mistakes. Held onto to.the ball too long at times.

I don't think the Giants are winning the Nfc east but I.dont think they are number one pick bad.

I'd much rather roll with Tua if I were in their shoes than to trade anything of value for Ryan. I'm not really convinced he's better than Tua at this point. I wouldn't blame them if they went for someone like Rodgers because Rodgers is clearly a stud but there's no real point in trading for someone like Ryan IMO even if you could make the money work.

Unless you think Ryan is going to fall off a cliff this year I think he's a lot better than Tua. I know PFF rankings are controversial to some, but Ryan was ranked 9 coming into the season. Tua was about 25th? To me Ryan is Matt Stafford and for whatever reason Stafford seems to get a lot more respect than him.

Unless you think Ryan is going to fall off a cliff this year I think he's a lot better than Tua. I know PFF rankings are controversial to some, but Ryan was ranked 9 coming into the season. Tua was about 25th? To me Ryan is Matt Stafford and for whatever reason Stafford seems to get a lot more respect than him.
Speaking of Ryan I think he follows the same path as Stafford and gets traded to a contender.

I don't think the Giants are winning the Nfc east but I.dont think they are number one pick bad.
Agree. While we're only one game in, Jacksonville looks #1 pick bad. The Jints' D is pretty solid, and they've got some offensive weapons (it remains to be seen whether Barclay is one of them). They can win some low-scoring grinding-type games.

Jacksonville won their first game and then lost 15 in a row last year.
Houston is the worst team in the league.
They beat rookie QB and Urban Meyer.

Houston will be 2-14 or 3-13.

Miami makes a ton of sense, Pats do but they wont give up the picks its not their style.
Oakland would make sense but they don't have the cache.
Why would you take Rogers over Jones at this point

Wow, just wow. I think that's the wildest finish I've seen since Boise State beat Oklahoma in the 2007 Fiesta Bowl.

Last edited:
I looked through the first three pages of this forum and didn't see one. This can be for league wide topics not involving the Bills and Giants. My Raiders' defense might have improved from bottom of the barrel to middle of the road. Last night's game was shaping up as another classic Raiders loss. The Manning broadcast was great. It was nice hearing them rip apart Carr and Gruden. If Chucky and Bible boy can clean it up we might have something here.

Gut punch lost for Baltimore and now they get Kansas City at home on Sunday night.

They could be 0-2 in a quick hole.

Care to expound?

The guy is dating a hollywood actress and is trying to host game shows. My guess is he'd rather be in LA/NYC and maybe Miami if he has half a foot in the entertainment business and wants to be dating celebrities.

I love Denver. Great city. Love the surrounding area. Love Keystone. Etc, etc.

But if seems like he's trending to be in a more entertainment-focused city.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom