2021 NFL Thread | Page 57 | Syracusefan.com

2021 NFL Thread

It’s lonely here at the top

The Jets are only a game back. :) But seriously, did anyone see their game today? How did Wilson look? I know it was a slow start, but was he playing better by the end?

He's a bit of a spoiled child. When things don't go his way you can literally see him pouting on the field.

And he wasn't as bad today as I've seen him in the past.

Schefter is embarrassing.
The 49ers gave up 2 future first round picks to get a guy they didn’t draft so the Patriots couldn’t get him when they were ahead of the Patriots in the draft and everyone knows belichick would never give up more than maybe 1 future first and the idea Miami would trade with New England and help them get a potential franchise QB is laughable.
SMH What is he talking about? They were so scared that when it came time to pick, they picked someone else.

Just curious..is it asking too much for a NFL coach to know the rules? Judge tried to use a challenge, cost him a time out, to challenge a TD. Which is as everyone on this board knows, is already reviewed. 4th and 10 punt on Saturday and a challenge of a td on Sunday. I'm scared for what Monday brings. And I'm going to the dentist.

He's a bit of a spoiled child. When things don't go his way you can literally see him pouting on the field.
The court of public opinion has really turned on him and I think rightfully so. He's such a passive aggro douche with all of his mouthpiece friends in the media who act like picking a WR in the 1st round is some kind of cheat code to a championship.

The court of public opinion has really turned on him and I think rightfully so. He's such a passive aggro douche with all of his mouthpiece friends in the media who act like picking a WR in the 1st round is some kind of cheat code to a championship.

It's sorta like the former president, in a way. Self-serving and disrespectful of the interests of the overall team. Seems to be a lot of that kind of attitude going around today, and it's not good for the sport. And I will make no more political references here.

Rodgers definitely has an arrogance and a Diva attitude but GB has done him no favor with its lack of playmakers in the draft. How in the world is Adams your only legit WR on that squad.

So what team could potentially trade for Rodgers in season?

Miami makes a ton of sense, Pats do but they wont give up the picks its not their style.
Oakland would make sense but they don't have the cache.

bpo57 you have to be happy seeing your Iggles in first place.
Can we end the season right now? :)

ATL is terrible but it is amazing what you can do with a competent offensive line. Philly has no depth there but their starting five is pretty close to elite when healthy (which is an iffy proposition). Their D Line is pretty nasty too. Any time you're above average in the trenches you're going to be competitive. They also have a ton of speed on the perimeter but they're young. I felt this way before today but they're going to be better than people think. The schedule is brutal over the next 5-6 weeks but eases up in the back half. Should be interesting.

Tampa Bay turned the ball over several times and still found a way to beat the pokes. Dallas' defense isn't good enough to cakewalk to any division title.
Ya even as someone who thinks moral victories can be a thing, I didn't really see it that game as many apparently did. Those turnovers were about as flukey as it gets too.

Broncos are going to get Rodgers.

He wants them.

Miami wants Watson.
New England is happy with Jones.
Vegas has Carr and honestly Carr isn’t their problem.

You're probably right on all those. The question then becomes whither Tua? Probably worked into a trade for Watson, I guess. If Houston wants him. And they have to do it soon, I suspect, for if Tua isn't what is expected, they'll need to move him before the word gets out.

You're probably right on all those. The question then becomes whither Tago? Probably worked into a trade for Watson, I guess. If Houston want's him.
Tua isn’t good. I am sure he would go to Houston.
I thought Jones as a rookie looked better than Tua did.

Watson makes Miami scary.

It's funny - people will point to the most mundane things to prop up his play

"did you see that screen pass?"

"that pass to the RB in the flat was beautiful!"

I learned something about coaching football through just plain doing it, but also through attending numerous coaching clinics, and talking football with other coaches. There is a whole slough of people out there who think that because they like football, it means they know something about it. It's okay, they're fans. But it's also amusing sometimes, listening to them prattle on about how football works, how this guy shoulda done this, that guy shoulda done that. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom