2021 NYS Fair | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2021 NYS Fair

so 4 of the biggest food vendors bailed.. Maybe the state needs to rethink the business model of cost they charge for the vendors to be in there..

I get that DIno says they have issues staffing 20 people for that event.. but that place was wall to wall people all day long. they had to be raking in the money. They could have paid people $25 an hr and got workers but somewhere those profits are going away to someone?

so either the state is taking a ton and they were barely breaking even or they were making a profit and didnt want to make less which is it?

just spit balling

20 people at $15 an hr 12 hours a day 20 days = $72,000
20 people at $25 an hr 12 hours a day = $120,000

so $50 k.. were they doing all that work at the fair for a profit of $50K?

putting aside the food supply issues.

so 4 of the biggest food vendors bailed.. Maybe the state needs to rethink the business model of cost they charge for the vendors to be in there..

I get that DIno says they have issues staffing 20 people for that event.. but that place was wall to wall people all day long. they had to be raking in the money. They could have paid people $25 an hr and got workers but somewhere those profits are going away to someone?

so either the state is taking a ton and they were barely breaking even or they were making a profit and didnt want to make less which is it?

just spit balling

20 people at $15 an hr 12 hours a day 20 days = $72,000
20 people at $25 an hr 12 hours a day = $120,000

so $50 k.. were they doing all that work at the fair for a profit of $50K?

putting aside the food supply issues.

none of those businesses even mentioned the state business model. If Dino paid $25/hr you know who would want to work the fair? The workers at the already understaffed Dino restaurant. Then what do they do with staffing the restaurant?

none of those businesses even mentioned the state business model. If Dino paid $25/hr you know who would want to work the fair? The workers at the already understaffed Dino restaurant. Then what do they do with staffing the restaurant?

Bees no reason they cant get staffing with 2 months notice. Weak sauce

yup.. but how much of the staff that works the events at the fair is HS age.. Most of them from what I saw.. They are not sitting home getting Unemployment.. is every HS kid in the are sitting home doing nothing?

Bakers not being there this year is a big downer. First stop to line our stomachs for a full day of drinking when we go without our daughter with a couple other couples.

Bakers not being there this year is a big downer. First stop to line our stomachs for a full day of drinking when we go without our daughter with a couple other couples.

well I guess you’ll have to start with the ice slurpies then.

Lazy college students and locals getting fat on the generous unemployment that runs out in Sept after the fair.

sounds like an opportunity for you.

yup.. but how much of the staff that works the events at the fair is HS age.. Most of them from what I saw.. They are not sitting home getting Unemployment.. is every HS kid in the are sitting home doing nothing?
I don’t think too many high school kids worked at Dino. I have 2 friends, one a teacher , the other a teacher assistant who worked the fair for Dinosaur for about 15 years. They made very good money there. I think there maybe regulations regarding a minimum age that can work where alcohol is served - maybe 18. I haven’t seen my 2 friends in a while to have asked if there’s an issue.

Bees no reason they cant get staffing with 2 months notice. Weak sauce
Supply chains and labor markets are all kinds of screwed up right now. Small and medium businesses that are still standing are highly stressed.

whats weak sauce is you thinking you know better what they can and can’t do, what they want and don’t want to do.

if you want a pulled pork sandwich that bad go to the restaurant or buy a package of it at wegmans

my guess would be to pull it off in this environment they would have to double their prices and then they just get people pissed off and accused of price gouging

Last edited:
Supply chains and labor markets are all kinds of screwed up right now. Small and medium businesses that are still standing are highly stressed.

whats weak sauce is you thinking you know better what they can and can’t do, what they want and don’t want to do.

if you want a pulled pork sandwich that bad go to the restaurant or buy a package of it at wegmans

my guess would be to pull it off in this environment they would have to double their prices and then they just people pissed off and accused of price gouging
and that is all fine. Gienelli hinted at supply issues. If you come out and say thats the reason people wouldnt question much.. saying its a worker issue though,.. and it comes back to a profit issue.. are they making money at the fair or just breaking even when selling $8 sandwiches? no one really knows all the dynamics. it could be supply it could be cost of supply.. look at how much meat costs have gone up..

and that is all fine. Gienelli hinted at supply issues. If you come out and say thats the reason people wouldnt question much.. saying its a worker issue though,.. and it comes back to a profit issue.. are they making money at the fair or just breaking even when selling $8 sandwiches? no one really knows all the dynamics. it could be supply it could be cost of supply.. look at how much meat costs have gone up..
They don’t have enough workers. Period. The government has gone from being a temporary help to its citizens to being the chief labor competition for small business. Now, there is free health insurance until (at least) if you collected unemployment during the last 15 months or so. If you are offered a job and turn it down, you are still allowed to collect unemployment. (Current policy non-enforcement rather than regulation or law.) Small employers (like me) struggle to provide health benefits so that we can attract good employees. Now potential employees can stay at home, get paid, and get health insurance.

The left’s slow but steady march to have the citizenry nursing at the teets of government is in full swing, and this federal and state regime will not see fit to stem the tide.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom