2021 PGA Tour | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

2021 PGA Tour

Champ was so brutal today. I took Reed and Berger.

these rounds are taking 6 plus hours. Unreal

ha. I bet Reed too as I usually do. Bad bet. Lol. Also bet conners who looked good yesterday, not so much today.

This morning I was watching when Reed made a birdie putt to get to +5.

As he was about to putt Mcdonagh said that this putt could maybe be enough to get him to the cut line. David Duval (who I do not mind), laughed it off and said no way +5 will make it.

Well +5, is now in 75th, and I see no way that they will not get up to top 70 at this point.

Surprised you didn't throw a couple shekels on your fellow countryman. He played very well today.

I threw my last $0.52 left in my account at him after making the other bets!! I only had about $25 left in my account and didn't feel like loading up for a bigger gambling week.

Every time I look up I see Thomas hitting a big sweeping hook into some crap off the tee.

Once again Louis Oosthuizen is in contention at a major after being relatively quiet leading up to it -- remind myself once again to always bet on him in top 5 betting for the majors -- and yet always forget.

ha. I bet Reed too as I usually do. Bad bet. Lol. Also bet conners who looked good yesterday, not so much today.

Connors could still be in 4th by the end of this round.

He had a horrible 6 hole stretch where he had 5 bogies and got it back together. He did the same TPC San Antonio a few years ago in the final round (had 4 really bad holes early in his round) and then turned it around and won.

Kiawah is not that tough of putting track so that helps Connors, but it bites in other ways and makes GIR's tough and will force him to chip which is also not a strength of his (although it was in round 1)

Didn't feel to much into gambling this week, so I just dropped a few bucks and just grabbed 8 long shots at over 300-1. with a 1/5th odds 2 way bet on them finishing top 8 -- the top 8 bet was the main reason for the bet. And also out a few bucks on Justin Thomas to win. That is it.

Kevin Kisner
John Catlin
Mackenzie Hughes
Adam Hadwin
Talor Gooch
Lanto Griffin
Erik Van Rooyen
Tom Lewis

I know its been a tough year for Mackenzie Hughes but to get 70-1 on him finishing top 8 seems like a lot of value.

While it doesn't appear any of them have a chance at Top 8, I did pick the person with the best meltdown so far this year!. That has to be worth something.

Seems like Van Rooyen almost hit some fans / volunteers behind the tee box with debris or his club head.

Cameron Tringale should probably just not accept his next invite to the PGA Championship.

This year he was in contention at -2 after 29 holes. He played the next 7 holes at +12, to finish at +10 and not even close to the cut line.

Last year he was disqualified for signing an incorrect score card.

And in a prior year (around 2015), he disqualified himself after he realized he did something wrong after the round.

Cameron Tringale should probably just not accept his next invite to the PGA Championship.

This year he was in contention at -2 after 29 holes. He played the next 7 holes at +12, to finish at +10 and not even close to the cut line.

Last year he was disqualified for signing an incorrect score card.

And in a prior year (around 2015), he disqualified himself after he realized he did something wrong after the round.

his round today included a 10 on a par 5 and a 7 on a par 3 on back to back holes. That was ball game.

I think Phil will turn into his usual self. If he gets going, his adrenaline will get the best of him and he'll do something stupid. Hope I'm wrong. Not the biggest fan of him, but it would be a neat story for him to win.

Phil’s been unbelievable.
He really has. He's making my prediction about doing something stupid once his adrenaline gets going look pretty bad. It could still happen I guess, but he's looking great.

Phil blew a chance there to get some strokes back on Louis.

I used to hate Phil Mickelson -- he had many reasons to like him and many reasons not to like him. But I have loosened up on that over the past few years.

I won't necessarily be cheering for him to win, but will not be cheering for him to lose either (like I was in his great showdown with Henrik Stenson at the British Open a handful of years ago). Just want an entertaining final day and its a good story.

I used to hate Phil Mickelson -- he had many reasons to like him and many reasons not to like him. But I have loosened up on that over the past few years.

I won't necessarily be cheering for him to win, but will not be cheering for him to lose either (like I was in his great showdown with Henrik Stenson at the British Open a handful of years ago). Just want an entertaining final day and its a good story.
Still saddened that Tom Watson wasn’t able to win that British Open at Turnberry in 2009 at the age of 59,

I hope Phil can do it. For the old guys!

Interesting that South Africa has 3 of the players in the top 6. I guess there is a lot of wind there that has prepped them well for these conditions.

Should be a great afternoon of golf. Forecast is calling for 12-13 MPH winds getting worse later in the day. Might allow a couple of the guys 4 or 5 strokes back to post a really low number early and have a chance, as the leaders are going to have to deal with worse conditions later.

Big Phil fan and hope he pulls it off. It would kill me if too cool for school Brooks wins and has as many majors as Phil.

Big Phil fan and hope he pulls it off. It would kill me if too cool for school Brooks wins and has as many majors as Phil.
Yeah. Koepka’s carefree nonchalance about golf is half refreshing and half douchebaggery. Overall I’m not a fan. Can’t put my finger on it. Man does he tear up majors though.