2021 PGA Tour | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

2021 PGA Tour

Brooks legit should be pissed at that 18 crowd stuff.
It took him like 10 minutes to get to the green and he wasn’t completely out of it yet.

Good for Phil though. Maybe he gets to be on one last Ryder Cup.

Phil probably wishes he got this run at the Us Open to get the career grand slam but that course is super hard well done.
Torrey Pines for the Us Open should be cool.

Whoever is in charge of security needs to get their ass chewed out. That scene on 18 was outrageous. Phil looked like he had people climbing on him.

it was worse for Koepka. Took him forever to get through the crowd. In his interview just now he was pissed. Said his knee got banged a few times. His caddie got knocked and fell into his. He swore a few times. He thinks someone tried to hit his knee on purpose

it was worse for Koepka. Took him forever to get through the crowd. In his interview just now he was pissed. Said his knee got banged a few times. His caddie got knocked and fell into his. He swore a few times. He thinks someone tried to hit his knee on purpose

Agreed. I was wondering "Where's Brooks?" before the dumbass announcers were. That was all very poorly managed.

Last edited:
I got some insider information and laid big on Phil Mickelson to win. Had to take some shot at Phil given my past dislike for him that has mellowed in recent years.

A legacy setting win. Great stuff

Last edited:
Brooks legit should be pissed at that 18 crowd stuff.
It took him like 10 minutes to get to the green and he wasn’t completely out of it yet.

Good for Phil though. Maybe he gets to be on one last Ryder Cup.

Phil probably wishes he got this run at the Us Open to get the career grand slam but that course is super hard well done.
Torrey Pines for the Us Open should be cool.

They were totally unprepared for it. Which should have never been the case given that they knew fans would be crazy for Phil winning.

Probably should take a lesson from the British Open. They traditionally allow this to happen on the 18th but they do some prep to make sure the players are protected and the fans are not basically hanging on the green.

They were totally unprepared for it. Which should have never been the case given that they knew fans would be crazy for Phil winning.

Probably should take a lesson from the British Open. They traditionally allow this to happen on the 18th but they do some prep to make sure the players are protected and the fans are not basically hanging on the green.
Probably should have of had better security, but I dont have any sympathy for a guy that probably made a million dollars this week to play golf and take a bump on his knee.Deal with it Brooks!

I got some insider information and laid big on Phil Mickelson to win. Had to take some shot at Phil given my past dislike for him that has mellowed in recent years.
Are you friends with Phil's sister?

Phil at age 50 looks/seems so much younger than Nicklaus at age 46 when he won the 1986 Masters.
yup night and day how much better in shape guys now are than what a 50 yr old 35 yrs ago was.. the whole concept of getting and staying in shape and eating and working out barely existed especially for golfers back then.

yup night and day how much better in shape guys now are than what a 50 yr old 35 yrs ago was.. the whole concept of getting and staying in shape and eating and working out barely existed especially for golfers back then.
Plus Phil is probably in his best shape since his 20's. He crushed that one bomb 366 yards. Longer than anyone else in the field. He wasn't always a workout junkie and I think it held him back somewhat. But good for what he has accomplished.

Plus Phil is probably in his best shape since his 20's. He crushed that one bomb 366 yards. Longer than anyone else in the field. He wasn't always a workout junkie and I think it held him back somewhat. But good for what he has accomplished.
on top of that the courses play a ton shorter even while being much longer. you also have to wonder how much equipment helps these guys play better longer on their careers.. so many more options for clubs and shafts and balls and the way they can optimize things even down to the putters now..

Watson was on a whole other level of unexpected and more sensational in that regard. It would have arguably been the greatest upset win in the history of sports even with his past Open Success. He had not been in the top 10 in any tour event in over 7 years -- was around 1400th in the world, had missed 10 cuts in his 15 events played in the previous 6 years.

Phil is certainly fading and a 50 year old winning would be historic in itself and a great story and legacy setting. That being said even at 116th in the world, he was 2nd at a strong field WGC event last August, and had other top 3 finishes in 2020. He has good finishes in the past 18 months. So its a bit out of the blue, but its nothing like Watson.
Nothing like Watson but 200:1. That’s POINT 5%. It’s still a remarkable all time moment. Phil shouldn’t be penalized for being in better shape at 50 than 40, FIFTY!!!!