2021 PGA Tour | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

2021 PGA Tour

Brooks with a double bogey on the par 5 2nd. That's not what you want.

Still saddened that Tom Watson wasn’t able to win that British Open at Turnberry in 2009 at the age of 59,

I hope Phil can do it. For the old guys!

Interesting that South Africa has 3 of the players in the top 6. I guess there is a lot of wind there that has prepped them well for these conditions.

Should be a great afternoon of golf. Forecast is calling for 12-13 MPH winds getting worse later in the day. Might allow a couple of the guys 4 or 5 strokes back to post a really low number early and have a chance, as the leaders are going to have to deal with worse conditions later.

Watson was on a whole other level of unexpected and more sensational in that regard. It would have arguably been the greatest upset win in the history of sports even with his past Open Success. He had not been in the top 10 in any tour event in over 7 years -- was around 1400th in the world, had missed 10 cuts in his 15 events played in the previous 6 years.

Phil is certainly fading and a 50 year old winning would be historic in itself and a great story and legacy setting. That being said even at 116th in the world, he was 2nd at a strong field WGC event last August, and had other top 3 finishes in 2020. He has good finishes in the past 18 months. So its a bit out of the blue, but its nothing like Watson.

Rollercoaster ride

Went low (for me) today too. 42/38=80

I went high today and quit after 8 holes. Teed off at 1:15 and PVR'd the PGA. Was home by about 3:00.

7 holes and Phil has 3 birdies and 3 bogies.

Congrats to all the guys who finished at -1. Currently T9. Guys like Fowler, Zalatoris, Finau.