2021 PGA Tour | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

2021 PGA Tour

This course and the OPEN is so random compared to others.

My team of dogs is still doing pretty well with Daniel Von Tonder (500-1) in second place, and at 100-1 for top 8 finish.

Probably should have taken more in the 300 to 500-1 odd group (with top 8 side). Siem, Fox, Sullivan, Harman (I think) were all in that area and I missed them. I did get Van Tonder, Hughes and Senior who are currently in the top 8.

Gotta say, DeChambeau is easy to hate. And golf needs a villain. So...

I think after Winged Foot he thought he'd finally "arrived." But he's not only having trouble following up from it, he's also having trouble dealing with that. He took a lot of heat for doing it all "his way" and the US Open appeared to validate his methods. That may have been lightning in a bottle. What is there he can do to take his game forward now? He probably needs to put it on glide for a while. We all know the harder you force a golf swing, the closer you are to the precipice. Golf humbles all of us sooner or later. :)

Course has certainly been playing more difficult today.
Some have got as low as -3, but by my quick math the field is +70 so far today with maybe a third of the overall holes played.

That being said haven't watched enough today to know if the weather is getting better or worse / same as earlier.

If Kokrak posts a -4 (4 under round), I think its possible he will move up from 53rd to top 10.

Course has certainly been playing more difficult today.
Some have got as low as -3, but by my quick math the field is +70 so far today with maybe a third of the overall holes played.

That being said haven't watched enough today to know if the weather is getting better or worse / same as earlier.
A lot of guys moving in the wrong direction on moving day. But McIntyre (-5) and Kokrak (-4) had nice days. Rory had a nice front (-4) but imploding on the back (+3). Sorry I bet on him.

I can't imagine going out to play that course 2 or 3 times a week. Just like Winged Foot. Different specifics, but same reasoning.

I can't imagine going out to play that course 2 or 3 times a week. Just like Winged Foot. Different specifics, but same reasoning.
Is Winged Foot considered the toughest American course?

Is Winged Foot considered the toughest American course?

It seemed almost unplayable in the US Open a couple years ago. But if you like, you can throw in Kiawah Island. Or Pinehurst No. 2. The announcers are just now (on DVR) complaining about US golf and too many "stock shots," gurgling over links golf and all the options you should have to have to play there. But not everyone can hit high/low draws/fades on command. Or navigate the wild swings and swales on the greens. In fact, virtually only pros can do that. It might be fun to go there and play those courses once or twice, but every time out? I'll pass.

Last edited:
Watching most of the Golf, but browsing at the same time.

I don't think they have showed Mackenzie Hughes in over an hour ... or even Justin Harding. They are in 4th and 6th.
Would be nice to see Hughes once.

It is the international feed and not an NBC feed so I can't even blame biased US production.

Oh look Corey Connors with 3 birdies in 4 holes, and now tied for 4th at -7.
Great thing they showed one shot of his in the entire run... and not even the shot to get to -7.

Two Canadians in the Top 6 right now. I have seen one total shot in the last hour between the two. (to be fair in Canada there are commercials where the volume is cut and it only shows pic in pic ... perhaps its bad timing and they are being shown then... but I suspect not)

These production guys are terrible.

Last edited:
Oosthuizen is a machine. Has never really been in too much trouble today -- had to hit a few knee benders to save par and has missed a few birdie putts.

I do like the "lie" camera shots they provide before somebody takes a shot from the rough. Provides some context as the lies are pretty inconsistent in the rough.

Oosthuizen is a machine. Has never really been in too much trouble today -- had to hit a few knee benders to save par and has missed a few birdie putts.

I do like the "lie" camera shots they provide before somebody takes a shot from the rough. Provides some context as the lies are pretty inconsistent in the rough.
Oostie's swing is just so relaxed. If he wanted to, he could make a zillion dollars on the Senior Tour when he's eligible.

Oh look Corey Connors with 3 birdies in 4 holes, and now tied for 4th at -7.
Great thing they showed one shot of his in the entire run... and not even the shot to get to -7.

Two Canadians in the Top 6 right now. I have seen one total shot in the last hour between the two. (to be fair in Canada there are commercials where the volume is cut and it only shows pic in pic ... perhaps its bad timing and they are being shown then... but I suspect not)

These production guys are terrible.

Connors will be in next to last group with that psycho Jordan Speith.

jncuse bogey bogey start for Conners. Damn. He’s got to get his schit together!

Colin is rolling. I'd be surprised if he collapsed or was caught on the back 9

I like Spieth and was rooting for him. I'm glad he lost by two, rather than one, which would have bene that 1 1/2 footer he yipped on 18 yesterday.

Dan Hicks slipped once and Called Collin Morikawa "Colin Montgomery". Shortly afterwards they showed the engraver putting Morikawa's name for the jug and I was hoping he didn't make the same mistake.

Last edited:
Key for Morikawa is how to break the trend of young golfers winning some majors out the gate then disappearing for years like Speith and McIlroy

Key for Morikawa is how to break the trend of young golfers winning some majors out the gate then disappearing for years like Speith and McIlroy
Maybe it would be easier to keep winning majors if all these other great young players would stop showing up.

It’s hard to win when the 80th ranked player in the world is better than Trevino in his prime. The talent is broad and jaw dropping. It’s unreal that anyone can win more than 1 major these days.