2021 PGA Tour | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

2021 PGA Tour

wouldnt he want his wedges to be shorter not longer?

Yes, that is what I wanted to say,
His wedges are too long.

Alright, how have you scored a PS5?

Bots and scalpers everywhere. It’s weird.
took me a few months. but its pretty easy right now as supply went up. I ended up with a disk model just cause i didnt want to wait for the cheaper version. working from home helped i could sit on the twitter feeds and press enter over and over the days they were offered..

Today is another great day of golf. The American women showed some life in the morning session of foursomes in Day 2 of the Solheim Cup picking up 3 out of 4 points.

The men will be interesting. Can anyone put any pressure on Cantlay and/or Rahm. I really thought Rahm was going to catch him yesterday but Cantlay is doing what he needs to do.

Can Reed throw up another great round to sew up a Ryder Cup berth. How bad is Koepka's injury? Will that impact his standing?

Today is another great day of golf. The American women showed some life in the morning session of foursomes in Day 2 of the Solheim Cup picking up 3 out of 4 points.

The men will be interesting. Can anyone put any pressure on Cantlay and/or Rahm. I really thought Rahm was going to catch him yesterday but Cantlay is doing what he needs to do.

Can Reed throw up another great round to sew up a Ryder Cup berth. How bad is Koepka's injury? Will that impact his standing?
Berger says "hold my beer" as he posts a 64 today. It will be tough to leave him off the Ryder Cup if it comes down to him vs Reed.

Cantlay is building up some big expectations for the Ryder cup in the best ball they will think he will make every put.

If it was a regular stroke play event we would have had a tie between Kevin Na and Jon Rahm today.

Even though Na will move up to around #23 in the world I doubt he will get any consideration -- especially given the Dustin Johnson stroke play incident.

Not that most of you will care.

During the 2020/2021 season there was a record 7 Canadians with full tour cards.

For the 2021/2022 season there will be a new record of 8 Canadians with full tour cards.
- Adam Svensson and Taylor Pendrith were promoted from the KFT tour for being top 25
- Michael Gligic was able to keep his tour spot in the KFT playoffs.
- Hadwin, Hughes, Connors, Sloan maintained their card by being top 125
- Nick Taylor maintains his card by virtue of his 2020 Pebble Beach win.
- David Hearn lost his card and will not have partial status next year either. Not having ever won any events he will have a hard time getting in many tournaments. That being said late in the season he surpassed $10 million in career earnings. A nice gig for a journeyman golfer who was in the world top 100 for 5 weeks in his entire career.

If it was a regular stroke play event we would have had a tie between Kevin Na and Jon Rahm today.

Even though Na will move up to around #23 in the world I doubt he will get any consideration -- especially given the Dustin Johnson stroke play incident.
I don’t think Na will make it either even though he hasn’t bogeyed since the Obama administration. Although I disagree there was any match play incident. DJ screwed up. You have to wait for “good”. There are millions on the line. Stricker would agree with Kevin not DJ with that whole thing.

I don’t think Na will make it either even though he hasn’t bogeyed since the Obama administration. Although I disagree there was any match play incident. DJ screwed up. You have to wait for “good”. There are millions on the line. Stricker would agree with Kevin not DJ with that whole thing.
I think this one will be one where we will have to agree to disagree.

I agree Dustin made a mistake and most players would agree with that. I think most players would also agree that Kevin Na showed up another player unnecessarily and it has nothing to do with not giving him the putt. So they were both in the wrong for different reasons.

Stricker agreed that DJ should have not picked up the putt. I don't think he ever condoned the way that Na handled the situation however.

I know that was the common sentiment amongst the tour players per quotes. Most agreed that DJ was in the wrong, but most were subtle (or less subtle) in how they would have handled it differently / poorly handled by Na.

The proper way to do it was to pull him aside before the next hole and discuss who would win that prior hole. After all DJ had either already lost the hole or Na was going to go ahead and give it to him. Na waiting around the hole accomplished nothing other than a professional showing up another professional which is not something that sits well with other players.

Dustin made a mistake.
Na showed up another tour player unnecessarily..
I would guess that more players remember the latter, but who knows.

Last edited:
I think this one will be one where we will have to agree to disagree.

I agree Dustin made a mistake and most players would agree with that. I think most players would also agree that Kevin Na showed up another player unnecessarily and it has nothing to do with not giving him the putt. So they were both in the wrong for different reasons.

Stricker agreed that DJ should have not picked up the putt. I don't think he ever condoned the way that Na handled the situation however.

I know that was the common sentiment amongst the tour players per quotes. Most agreed that DJ was in the wrong, but most were subtle (or less subtle) in how they would have handled it differently / poorly handled by Na.

The proper way to do it was to pull him aside before the next hole and discuss who would win that prior hole. After all DJ had either already lost the hole or Na was going to go ahead and give it to him. Na waiting around the hole accomplished nothing other than a professional showing up another professional which is not something that sits well with other players.

Dustin made a mistake.
Na showed up another tour player unnecessarily..
I would guess that more players remember the latter, but who knows.
Well said. Especially about pulling him aside to go over what he has a problem with.

Well said. Especially about pulling him aside to go over what he has a problem with.

Then again I may be attributing too much of I how feel about the situation "professionally" to the situation. It may be a total nothing burger for the players.

Last edited:

Looking forward to watching the Solheim Cup also. Was hoping the US could do a bit better in the afternoon session yesterday, but 2 down is doable.

Looking forward to watching the Solheim Cup also. Was hoping the US could do a bit better in the afternoon session yesterday, but 2 down is doable.
USA just needs to play to their skill level. Both teams starting out a little tight. Not unexpected.

I'm not as plugged into this right now. Who's the new Michael Bradley that I can irrationally blame for every loss.

the course plays pretty easy on my PS5 though..

Which game? Just wondering if there are other options beyond what I play,

On my PS4 I play The Golf Club 2019, which I like because of all the course options and pretty intuitive to play. I played TGC 2021, and put it back in its box after 15 minutes.

Ryder cup captains picks

I assume the pick came down to one of Reed, Scheffler, Simpson.

I am a bit surprised it was Scheffler who got the call as they already have some new blood in Morakawa, English, Berger. I expected they would go with the pedigree or experience of Reed/Simpson instead. Although it is not a bad pick - he is a bomber that should do well in 4 ball play.

I though they would go with Reed. While he was middle of the pack at the Tour Championship (not the bottom ) after 4 weeks off which is not bad, so the recent health issue may not have been a big concern going forward. His play his last 10 events has been middling, but not terrible either.

Scheffler has not exactly been killing it since the majors were done, but he has been quite solid in the majors. Mediocre play in the playoffs -- his play has trended similar to Reed's post majors.

Simpson has been trending similar to the others since the end of the majors -- on average he has played slightly better than the other two since the US Open.

In the end I suspect the fact that the presence of Reed has been a distraction at 2018 RC and 2019 PC may have did him in. 2018 was not really Reed's fault, it was more on JT shunning him. 2019 he was a big part of the story because of a course violation the week prior. Some of the lustre may be off on him in terms of international play.

It probably didn't help him that there was already drama because of BC/BK. I am still surprised in the end that he did not get picked, because Scheffler did not really outplay him.

Last edited:
I assume the last 3 picks came down to Reed, Scheffler, Simpson.

I am a bit surprised it was Scheffler who got the call as they already have some new blood in Morakawa, English, Berger. I expected they would go with the pedigree or experience of Reed/Simpson instead. Although it is not a bad pick - he is a bomber that should do well in 4 ball play.

I though they would go with Reed. While he was middle of the pack at the Tour Championship (not the bottom ) after 4 weeks off which is not bad, so the recent health issue may not have been a big concern going forward. His play his last 10 events has been middling, but not terrible either.

Scheffler has not exactly been killing it since the majors were done, but he has been quite solid in the majors. Mediocre play in the playoffs -- his play has trended similar to Reed's post majors.

Simpson has been trending similar to the others since the end of the majors -- on average he has played slightly better than the other two since the US Open.

In the end I suspect the fact that the presence of Reed has been a distraction at 2018 RC and 2019 PC may have did him in. 2018 was not really Reed's fault, it was more on JT shunning him. 2019 he was a big part of the story because of a course violation the week prior. Some of the lustre may be off on him in terms of international play.

It probably didn't help him that there was already drama because of BC/BK. I am still surprised in the end that he did not get picked, because Scheffler did not really outplay him.

i would have gone with Reed or Na over Scheffler. I know Na didn’t finish very high in the standings but thought it’d be interesting to have him on the team.

Which game? Just wondering if there are other options beyond what I play,

On my PS4 I play The Golf Club 2019, which I like because of all the course options and pretty intuitive to play. I played TGC 2021, and put it back in its box after 15 minutes.
I have 2k21. its not super hard. At the highest level the tricky part is when they crank the wind and the pin locations you have to get pretty creative to get the ball near a hole with the roll out.

Ryder cup captains picks

wow I didn't realize he got 6 captain's picks now. That's half the team. I haven't been following it as closely as I usually do, but once the play starts, I'll get into it.

wow I didn't realize he got 6 captain's picks now. That's half the team. I haven't been following it as closely as I usually do, but once the play starts, I'll get into it.

Most of the articles I read beforehand stated that he'd probably pick guys 7-10 anyways unless there was some compelling reason to pass over.

Is it possible that people despise both Brooks and Bryson? Or maybe Brooksy just a little more? He just needs to shut up.