2021 PGA Tour | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

2021 PGA Tour

I like Thomas. That's good news for him, and for golf in general.

I like Thomas. That's good news for him, and for golf in general.
Probably wasn’t making $300k+ from his on course reporting duties, and realized he had the same travel schedule and ended up walking the same amount.

Sam burns gets his 2nd win quickly. So much freaking young talent. It’s incredible

Sam burns gets his 2nd win quickly. So much freaking young talent. It’s incredible
Great young talent. Unfortunately, as much as I watch golf, I just couldn't fit in into my viewing schedule today. Way too much great stuff to watch (and of course it was great because the NY teams all won).

Great young talent. Unfortunately, as much as I watch golf, I just couldn't fit in into my viewing schedule today. Way too much great stuff to watch (and of course it was great because the NY teams all won).
I watched the Yankees, Red Sox And ALL THE NFL games and still watched the 18th hole!! But I’m a little super human in that realm.:cool:

I watched the Yankees, Red Sox And ALL THE NFL games and still watched the 18th hole!! But I’m a little super human in that realm.:cool:
It was an epic day. I was following it on my phone and when I saw Burns opened up a 2 stroke lead I made an executive decision to focus on the Yanks after the Giants and Bills and Jets games ended. If the golf was tied I would have given it a flyby. I do like Sam Burns. Could become as good and consistent as Cantlay.

Was the whole feud a set-up for this?

I don't think it was a set up to start the feud initially (back in 2020 I think).

But I would not be surprised if someone stepped up to them maybe 3 or 4 months ago and put the proposal to them and they continued to push their issues further. I think both of them see some financial value in being villains of sorts.

Sam Burns has been #7 in the world in points earned during the 2021 calendar year.

He has had an under the radar great year. He is in the spot of say a Xander Schauffele a few years back. Not underrated per so, but more overlooked because he is new to the scene and needed some time on Korn Ferry Tour (unlike some of the other recent young guns).

Another player who has an under the radar great year is Billy Horschel. That being said 64 of those points came from recently winning the European PGA which may be valued a little highly points wise right now..

1633472118722.png

Scott Stallings started the day 14 shots behind the leader at the Bermuda Championship.
The weather has been brutal, although it has calmed a bit.

Stallings has went -9 under par today (is almost finished his round), and is currently 3 shots out of the lead, and in 4th place. The 3 golfers ahead of him still have about 7 holes left, so if he posts his -12 you never know.

I put a bit of money down at +4000 about 30 minutes ago. He has now moved up to +1400.
I need that win to pick up again though -- it has slowed down.

Sam Burns has been #7 in the world in points earned during the 2021 calendar year.

He has had an under the radar great year. He is in the spot of say a Xander Schauffele a few years back. Not underrated per so, but more overlooked because he is new to the scene and needed some time on Korn Ferry Tour (unlike some of the other recent young guns).

Another player who has an under the radar great year is Billy Horschel. That being said 64 of those points came from recently winning the European PGA which may be valued a little highly points wise right now..

View attachment 207820
A lot of people choosing Sam Burns to win this week's Houston Open. I made a few bets where I saw some value to win. Cameron Tringale +5000, Christiaan Bezuidenhout +4000, Mav McNealy +4000 and Tyrrell Hatton +3500. We will see.

Probably wasn’t making $300k+ from his on course reporting duties, and realized he had the same travel schedule and ended up walking the same amount.
Caddies have to spend a lot of time with their players, practicing on off days. I suspect caddying is a much more demanding job.

Caddies have to spend a lot of time with their players, practicing on off days. I suspect caddying is a much more demanding job.

I would imagine it's much easier to coast / go through the motions as an announcer.
I suppose if you are determined to be as good a TV analyst as you can, you could bury yourself in stats/analysis/news all day and work very long hours.

But it seems like most of these guys are content to show up at the course and go with generic comments or on the fly analysis based on experience.

I would imagine it's much easier to coast / go through the motions as an announcer.
I suppose if you are determined to be as good a TV analyst as you can, you could bury yourself in stats/analysis/news all day and work very long hours.

But it seems like most of these guys are content to show up at the course and go with generic comments or on the fly analysis based on experience.
I have a little bit of golf game, so I am somewhat knowledgeable about what is happening when they are showing tournaments and find that at least half of what announcers say is puff, irrelevant, or off the mark to be kind. Brandel Chamblee makes so many interesting pertinent points, but he is not an announcer. Nobilo is good and I like his personality. I liked Johnny M and Nick is good, but Paul A should be let go tomorrow - what a waste of breathe. Justin Leonard may or may not be good, but I just can't stand listening to him.

I have a little bit of golf game, so I am somewhat knowledgeable about what is happening when they are showing tournaments and find that at least half of what announcers say is puff, irrelevant, or off the mark to be kind. Brandel Chamblee makes so many interesting pertinent points, but he is not an announcer. Nobilo is good and I like his personality. I liked Johnny M and Nick is good, but Paul A should be let go tomorrow - what a waste of breathe. Justin Leonard may or may not be good, but I just can't stand listening to him.

Agree with pretty much everything you said except for Nick Faldo. I liked him when he first started but he has been on a downhill trend ... little too repetitive, and my main issue is that many of the "facts" or "data" he states are outright wrong, out of context, or uninteresting. I can't analyze a golf swing worth crap, but I do have a good handle on current data and historical data and would like someone to tell me something new and interesting -- rather than someone stating some fact that I know is wrong.

Brandel would be the type of analyst that I highlighted that gets engrossed in what he does and strives to get better. He certainly is not going through the motions. You can tell he loves the analytics aspect of it. He is generally open minded ... except sometimes he gets locked on in an opinion, is smug and won't budge and is the opposite of open minded. But I like him. Thumbs up for Frank as well. They were a very good pair on TGC.

Last edited:
Tiger is back. You almost have to feel bad for all the other kids and parents competing in this event. If they are smart the organizers will limit the number of media outlets allowed. Curious if Tiger will walk all the holes or if carts are allowed.

A few comments

1) Carts are certainly allowed as it is an event with seniors in it. He would not be able to walk 18 yet (I think).

2) I don't feel bad for the other kids and parents. They were in event that not many will watch (even if its on NBC) to an event that will now have many more eyeballs -- much of the cameras will follow Tiger / Charlie like last year, but it also takes up well less than half the coverage.

3) Regarding carts, Tiger had an interesting answer to a question discussing his soon to be age of 46 at his recent press conference. His answer, "Only 4 more years until I can start using carts".

Personally, if there was stock in the "Champions Tour" I would be buying it. We know the fascination / "over" fascination the golf world has had with Tiger and Phil, and they will likely be involved in more senior events over say the next 8 years. Not that it would make me watch more, but I know it will impact media rights.

Last edited:
A few comments

1) Carts are certainly allowed as it is an event with seniors in it. He would not be able to walk 18 yet (I think).

2) I don't feel bad for the other kids and parents. They were in event that not many will watch (even if its on NBC) to an event that will now have many more eyeballs -- much of the cameras will follow Tiger / Charlie like last year, but it also takes up well less than half the coverage.

3) Regarding carts, Tiger had an interesting answer to a question discussing his soon to be age of 46 at his recent press conference. His answer, "Only 4 more years until I can start using carts".

Personally, if there was stock in the "Champions Tour" I would be buying it. We know the fascination / "over" fascination the golf world has had with Tiger and Phil, and they will likely be involved in more senior events over say the next 8 years. Not that it would make me watch more, but I know it will impact media rights.
It's interesting regarding the Champions Tour. I never realy envisioned Tiger hanging around to play that tour, but that was early on when it appeared he would be break Jack's record and do everything he ever wanted to do on the PGA Tour. But now that his career maybe isn't ending how he hoped, he might be more interested than I expected.

Agree with pretty much everything you said except for Nick Faldo. I liked him when he first started but he has been on a downhill trend ... little too repetitive, and my main issue is that many of the "facts" or "data" he states are outright wrong, out of context, or uninteresting. I can't analyze a golf swing worth crap, but I do have a good handle on current data and historical data and would like someone to tell me something new and interesting -- rather than someone stating some fact that I know is wrong.

Brandel would be the type of analyst that I highlighted that gets engrossed in what he does and strives to get better. He certainly is not going through the motions. You can tell he loves the analytics aspect of it. He is generally open minded ... except sometimes he gets locked on in an opinion, is smug and won't budge and is the opposite of open minded. But I like him. Thumbs up for Frank as well. They were a very good pair on TGC.

I like Nobilo and Chamblee. Both speak frankly and honestly to the game, the players, or the tournament in front of them the way they see it. Leonard, I'm okay, he's a little staid, but that's who he is. Faldo is a gas bag. It's like listening to your Aunt Bertha hosting tea with her girlfriends. Listening to Jim Nantz give him a tongue bath every time out makes me want to hurl. Over on the LPGA, (don't any of you guys watch them? :)) Judy and Dottie(?) are knowledgeable and competent announcers, I like both. Paige Mackenzie is okay by me also. Not sure either way about Morgan Pressel yet.