2021 PGA Tour | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2021 PGA Tour

I should’ve lit a $20 bill on fire instead of betting on dechambeau to win

Course is much easier this afternoon. The numbers of player under par which was falling quickly a few hours ago is now starting to go upwards.

He's been really hit and miss.

He had a really good run around the Covid Break and Re-Start last year with 7 straight top 10's, with 5 top 5's.

In 16 tournaments since then he has 2 wins which is good including a major.
But he has also had 3 missed cuts, and 7 other tournaments outside of the top 20.
So 6 top 20 finishes out of his last 16 tournaments which is OK but certainly not elite.

if he is driving a touch off with how hard he is swinging he is lucky on some of these courses.. even the major he won he didnt hit it all that well he just avoided trouble most of the wayward shots

Course is much easier this afternoon. The numbers of player under par which was falling quickly a few hours ago is now starting to go upwards.

i felt it was easier in the morning.

I just watched the video and all I can say is Jesus F. What a joke.
I love reading the comments on Ancer's twitter. As the rule is written it should be a penalty but how does the human eye catch that and how many times do you watch that video. It appears he makes a normal takeaway. Very unfortunate.

I love reading the comments on Ancer's twitter. As the rule is written it should be a penalty but how does the human eye catch that and how many times do you watch that video. It appears he makes a normal takeaway. Very unfortunate.

I'm not a golf expert, but geez I didn't see anything.

Last edited:
Obviously it’s easy watching on video so I don’t know about the naked eye thing. But you can see there’s a small mound of sand behind his ball that he accidentally hits and knocks it away.

Glad they have rose as one of the featured groups so we can watch it on stream. I don’t root against any golfer but I’m hoping he plays no better than par golf today. Don’t want to see him get too far ahead and making the weekend less interesting.

i felt it was easier in the morning.

The score avg was better for the later in the day tee times. The wind was lower I believe. (EDIT - I was wrong when I posted this)

Course is also playing much easier this morning compared to yesterday morning -- let's see if that plays out the rest of the day. If not the late Thurs /early Fri times got the advantage this week.

Last edited:
The score avg was better for the later in the day tee times. The wind was lower I believe.

Course is also playing much easier this morning compared to yesterday morning -- let's see if that plays out the rest of the day. If not the late Thurs /early Fri times got the advantage this week.

I don’t know. All they’ve been saying this morning and last night was how the morning was easier because the wind picked up in the afternoon and the greens were faster.

I don’t know. All they’ve been saying this morning and last night was how the morning was easier because the wind picked up in the afternoon and the greens were faster.

The course did let down and get easier in the last few hours of the day as compared to how it played most of the afternoon. That was correct The number of players under par after falling all day, started to climb in the last few hours (went down to 9 then climbed back up as high as 13).

My second comment on it being easier for the afternoon tee groups was clearly wrong. They did not. The last 2 hours yesterday (say the 5-7 period) was much easier than the 12-5 period. So the last 8 groups out or so, at least had some let up in conditions at the end of their rounds, but they still had it really tough for a good portion or majority of their rounds. And some of those afternoon groups had very little let up period as they were off the course or only had a few holes left when 5:00 came.

Last edited:
The course did let down and get easier in the last few hours of the day as compared to how it played most of the afternoon. That was correct The number of players under par after falling all day, started to climb in the last few hours (went down to 9 then climbed back up as high as 13).

My second comment on it being easier for the afternoon tee groups was clearly wrong. They did not. The last 2 hours yesterday (say the 5-7 period) was much easier than the 12-5 period. So the last 8 groups out or so, at least had some let up in conditions at the end of their rounds, but they still had it really tough for a good portion or majority of their rounds. And some of those afternoon groups had very little let up period as they were off the course or only had a few holes left when 5:00 came.

this afternoon could get dicey for the afternoon groups. Calling for a chance of thunderstorms around 4pm.

That putt by rose looked like me. 30-40 feet slight uphill. Don’t hit it hard enough and it rolls back to where it started.

Rose is really struggling. +3 thru 7 holes today.

When I left for the gym yesterday Sungjae was in contention. Get there, check my phone and he's 4 over.

Deleted the Masters app. Golf is the worst lol

Augusta is like the NCAA to me.

I love the Masters tournament and the NCAA tournament -- they are two of my more enjoyable events of the year. Yet the people that run them I greatly dislike. I can't stand the NCAA and historically the people that run Augusta. It's this weird conflict that I have been able to largely ignore when I watch the events.

Still watch and love the Masters, but the US Open will always be my favorite. I love the carnage, the fact that any scratch golfing amateur can qualify their way in, and it's the national championship ('merica!)

I was singing like Layne Staley in all my prop bets and pools this week in regards to Bryson. "I staaaaay awaaaaaay"

Fleetwood right on majors schedule to hang around the first page of leaderboard only to choke on Sunday. I've got him at 50-1 to break the cycle.

Fleetwood right on majors schedule to hang around the first page of leaderboard only to choke on Sunday. I've got him at 50-1 to break the cycle.

Is he a Sunday choker? I know he hangs around quite often, but I don't remember him folding on Sunday's, just not winning. But I could be wrong.

I seem to remember him making at least one late run at a major on a Sunday -- think it was one of Koepka's US Open wins.