2021 PGA Tour | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

2021 PGA Tour

Rinsed it on 18!! Ugh
Painful to watch. If there would be any reason to grab a shot and a beer that would be it. I like Mike Weir but I really wanted to see JD win. Maybe next time. Its great watching the Champions tour. Those guys still got game.

Hope most of these guys say no.

As a fan it might actually be no worse than a wash. It’s 18 events that I assume are not opposing any majors, sawgrass, or wgc events. They would oppose events like Hartford, San Antonio, Houston, louisiana, valspar.

Remember that the pga does not own any of the majors so it’s not like we would not see any of the players at the 4 majors. The 4 world championship and the players is still based on world rankings so the squad could show up at those as well.

so what would be impacted is the other events but they are never all top players anyway. The pga has also done nothing to protect smaller tier events and some events get really bad fields— it has literally taken multiple craps on the Canadian open for more than one generation.

so in non major weeks we will an opposing tour that has consistent fields, perhaps some intriguing courses. It might be more entertains than watching the Hartford Open or the Valspar or the event in Louisiana.

And as I said the majors will still remain special.

As a fan it might actually be no worse than a wash. It’s 18 events that I assume are not opposing any majors, sawgrass, or wgc events. They would oppose events like Hartford, San Antonio, Houston, louisiana, valspar.

Remember that the pga does not own any of the majors so it’s not like we would not see any of the players at the 4 majors. The 4 world championship and the players is still based on world rankings so the squad could show up at those as well.

so what would be impacted is the other events but they are never all top players anyway. The pga has also done nothing to protect smaller tier events and some events get really bad fields— it has literally taken multiple craps on the Canadian open for more than one generation.

so in non major weeks we will an opposing tour that has consistent fields, perhaps some intriguing courses. It might be more entertains than watching the Hartford Open or the Valspar or the event in Louisiana.

could impact points

could impact points

It would greatly weaken the FedEx Cup Field and the Fed Ex Cup playoffs. That is for sure. But that might be the only more "major" event it impacts. Although it would hurt bigger events like the Memorial, Bay Hill as well.

It wouldn't impact World Ranking Points... they would still be able to calculate them based on the strength of the field in the same manner they currently do so the top players on the other tour would still be able to maintain their top 50 position.

Last edited:

This tweet was deleted.

Attachments

• D5067ED0-88C2-4A87-BEAB-A26EA2BDB92E.png
    D5067ED0-88C2-4A87-BEAB-A26EA2BDB92E.png
    309.1 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

Depending on how many guys "defect" it's possible the 2nd tier events really struggle. Golf fans historically have a lot of disposible income which drew advertisers, but when Tiger doesn't play and more of the top 20 don't play, the casual fan won't be watching. Without advertisers those events could turn into the Korn Ferry tour (worse case scenario). We will see what happens but it's possible the PGA does enact some type of ban. Highly doubtful but I'm not sure the PIP money means much to the top guys.

Holy shite. They have reportedly offered mickelson $100 million !

My boy McIlroy!

Wasn't expecting much from him. Great to see him win.

Amazingly, his driving was mediocre but his putting was superior. If his driving gets half way back to decent (for him), and his putting only drops 20%, he could have a big year.

Here is Jason Sobel's predicted rankings for the PGA Championship this weekend. I'm not ready yet to make my picks yet but I'm getting close. I'm learning towards Speith and Burns.

Didn't feel to much into gambling this week, so I just dropped a few bucks and just grabbed 8 long shots at over 300-1. with a 1/5th odds 2 way bet on them finishing top 8 -- the top 8 bet was the main reason for the bet. And also out a few bucks on Justin Thomas to win. That is it.

Kevin Kisner
John Catlin
Mackenzie Hughes
Adam Hadwin
Talor Gooch
Lanto Griffin
Erik Van Rooyen
Tom Lewis

I know its been a tough year for Mackenzie Hughes but to get 70-1 on him finishing top 8 seems like a lot of value.

Niemann
Im
Ancer

All 60ish-1 or so

I can’t quit Cameron Champ 250-1

And I took Hadwin 500-1

Niemann
Im
Ancer

All 60ish-1 or so

I can’t quit Cameron Champ 250-1

And I took Hadwin 500-1
Champ was so brutal today. I took Reed and Berger.

these rounds are taking 6 plus hours. Unreal

Champ was so brutal today. I took Reed and Berger.

these rounds are taking 6 plus hours. Unreal
I like the Reed pick. Has to be someone who can finesse his way around the course.

currently 2nd place in a majors plus TPC pool where you choose two different golfers for each event before the March TPC. Only one in the top 25 with Spieth and Ancer this week. The first place dude has Bryson and Schaffle. So I put 20 bucks on Bryson and Schaffle along with 10 on Morikawa and Happy Gilmore's caddy.

Didn't feel to much into gambling this week, so I just dropped a few bucks and just grabbed 8 long shots at over 300-1. with a 1/5th odds 2 way bet on them finishing top 8 -- the top 8 bet was the main reason for the bet. And also out a few bucks on Justin Thomas to win. That is it.

Kevin Kisner
John Catlin
Mackenzie Hughes
Adam Hadwin
Talor Gooch
Lanto Griffin
Erik Van Rooyen
Tom Lewis

I know its been a tough year for Mackenzie Hughes but to get 70-1 on him finishing top 8 seems like a lot of value.
Surprised you didn't throw a couple shekels on your fellow countryman. He played very well today.

DIdn't see the exact stats but it seemed to have played a bit easier yesterday afternoon -- but I stand to be corrected as I did not follow that closely.

It does certainly seem to be playing easier this morning (but now picking up wind wise), so the afternoon / morning half seems to have had a bit of an advantage this week