2021 Ryder Cup | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Ryder Cup

You can't clinch the cup twice. . Not sure why the TV guys are saying Morikawa clinched it now (and also said the same at 17). He clinched it at 17 -- not 18.

You can't clinch the cup twice. . Not sure why the TV guys are saying Morikawa clinched it now (and also said the same at 17). He clinched it at 17 -- not 18.
It's not "official" until play ends on 18 and the half point is on the board.

It's not "official" until play ends on 18 and the half point is on the board.

I have to disagree. It was officially clinched at 17, whether the point was officially on the board. The US was guaranteed at that point to get to 14.5.

I am fairly certain (but not 100%) that is the principle they have used for clinching hole / putt in the past -- not when the match is over necessarily. I have seen players clinch a half point before 18, celebrate very quickly with their captain and other players and then continue their match. But again I could be wrong.

And of course there was Brookline where everybody celebrated before the match was even officially over by any measure!!

Last edited:
I'm thinking the Sportsmanship award will not be going to Brooks Koepka. Telling the two refs yesterday, "It's on you if I *****ng break my wrists" won't help him!

I'm thinking the Sportsmanship award will not be going to Brooks Koepka. Telling the two refs yesterday, "It's on you if I *****ng break my wrists" won't help him.

i think it’ll go to Garcia.

I can see that, He has taken it all in this week, despite getting railed pretty hard by the fans.
I also can see a "Lifetime Achievement" element to this award.

Last edited:
I have to disagree. It was officially clinched at 17, whether the point was officially on the board. The US was guaranteed at that point to get to 14.5.

I am fairly certain (but not 100%) that is the principle they have used for clinching hole / putt in the past -- not when the match is over necessarily. I have seen players clinch a half point before 18, celebrate very quickly with their captain and other players and then continue their match. But again I could be wrong.

And of course there was Brookline where everybody celebrated before the match was even officially over by any measure!!
I think you are right about the past. I was just speculating.

I just did some quick reading on this topic.
- It's the first time for the award (missed if they said that)
- There is also two winners of the award -- one for each team.

So I will go with Garcia and I think Azinger mentioned Spieth... seems as good a pick as any for the American team full of younger pro's.

I just did some quick reading on this topic.
- It's the first time for the award (missed if they said that)
- There is also two winners of the award -- one for each team.

So I will go with Garcia and I think Azinger mentioned Spieth... seems as good a pick as any for the American team full of younger pro's.

I might give the American one to Bryson. ;)

And the winner of the highly coveted "JNCuse Ryder Cup 12 Questions Trophy" is Clayman.
Please PM me to claim your glorious trophy... I will not respond.

Nothing changed in the final day, although we still have 3 hours left for Reed to chime in.
Will tweak things for next year's President' Cup.
Let's be honest here I will totally forget this existed.

1632692247592.png

I've always liked McIlroy. Just before the Solheim Cup singles, he sent a tiktok(?) to the Euros telling them there's nothing better than beating the Americans in their own country. I still like the guy, but I was hoping Schauffele could beat him and hang a golden sombrero on him for that. :)

I still have as many wins at the Ryder Cup as Matthew Fitzpatrick.

The Ryder Cup Trophy (the physical trophy itself) is underwhelming compared to the event.

I'm thinking the Sportsmanship award will not be going to Brooks Koepka. Telling the two refs yesterday, "It's on you if I *****ng break my wrists" won't help him!
Fake tough guy

Who is Riggs?

And I am not asking that in the "Who is Karim Garcia" way.
He’s the head of the golf department at barstool. He and his crew have a very popular golf podcast called “foreplay”. It’s very entertaining.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom