2021 Ryder Cup | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Ryder Cup

Spieth talking about an ant hill. Must have got advice from Bryson Dechambeau. Although in this case it seems legit as Spieth actually respects the rules.

Also don't understand why Thomas made gestures about that putt not being given. It was close to 4 feet it appeared. Those length putts have not been given the entire event. He did the same thing at the President's Cup.

Updated Standings after the end of Day 1 - 690 West with the slight lead.

1632581837270.png

Can I get Cantley to putt for me. I would have shot in the 60s the other day the way he putts.

I have to admit I thought Brooks was BS'ing... as would many players in that situation looking to get an out (on both teams), but he was probably right given the size of that divot.

The US simply holding serve and going 2-2 here would have been huge for them as time runs out on Europe. If they take 2.5 its all but over.

Even if this ends up 3-1, at least the matches were more competitive this morning with more matches going deeper.

I have to admit I thought Brooks was BS'ing... as would many players in that situation looking to get an out (on both teams), but he was probably right given the size of that divot.
so much sand in that place all those shots are gonna cause long divots.

Even if this ends up 3-1, at least the matches were more competitive this morning with more matches going deeper.
Suffice to say, Europe almost needs to go 4-0 this afternoon.

We have new leaders - Clifton and UpperDeck after the morning session.
Although a number of people will be taking a hit this afternoon as Justin Thomas is sitting.

1632590380143.png

Based on 5 minutes of observations since taking these afternoon matches off until now -- maybe what I just saw are outliers

Crowds are supposed to be loud and cheering against shots.
Ryder cup crowds can be edgy, border on what is respectful and still be fine within the expected spirit of the contest. But at times this one is over that line right now in my view.

Yelling hit it in the lake and fore right, during a players swing (as they just did to Rahm and Garica) is beyond what should be allowed and even bad by Ryder Cup fan standards.

Last edited:
Here are the updated standings as we head into the final day of competition for the highly coveted "JNCuse Ryder Cup 12 Questions Trophy". It looks like it will come down to Upper Deck and Clayman ... see the scenarios below.

Rows in Blue on the table are Locked in and can't change. There are a number of potential scenarios heading into the final day. But let's assume that USA will win the Ryder Cup given that it is a high certainty.

Let's start with who is eliminated assuming USA Wins the Cup:
Clifton
, even at 28, has no scenario to win. Clayman is guaranteed to finish ahead of him in any scearnio.
Kirbivore and SuTomcat has no path to victory
JN, I havea very long shot scenario to win with 33 points. I assess my odds at about 1 in a million. I need all of the following to happen
- Schauffele to win his match
- Dustin Johnson to lose or tie his match
- Patrick Reed to troll in victory.
- Daniel Berger and Tony Finau do not score the clinching point
- Jon Rahm to lose his match
- Sergio Garcia to win his match

So who remains in realistic contention assuming USA wins the Cup - Upper Deck and Clayman

Clayman
in probably in best shape. He loses if Daniel Berger scores the cliching point. If someone else other than Berger scores the clincher, he would lose in the following scenario IF Patrick Reed does not troll:
- Garcia Wins
- Rahm Loses

Upper Deck wins if Daniel Berger scores the clinching point.
He also wins if Rahm loses and Garcia wins, Patrick Reed does not troll, and Tony Finau does not score the clinching point

690 West can only win if Tony Finau scores the clinching point. However he would need all of the following to happen as well:
- Patrick Reed does not troll.
- Jon Rahm loses
- Sergio Garcia wins

1632622231702.png

Still not sure how I put down Casey.. I though I had Rahm so actully been rooting for him to win his matches..

Go Berger, with this lead the clinch pts could come any time in the match too. But going last isnt gonna give him much of a shot.

I just see a big talent gap anyways you slice it. Simpleton take, but USA should run away easily here.

Anyone know why they stopped using the term halving the hole and now are using tie/tied?
With the changes in 2019, They also got rid of the words “dormie”, all square”, and “hazard”

Based on 5 minutes of observations since taking these afternoon matches off until now -- maybe what I just saw are outliers

Crowds are supposed to be loud and cheering against shots.
Ryder cup crowds can be edgy, border on what is respectful and still be fine within the expected spirit of the contest. But at times this one is over that line right now in my view.

Yelling hit it in the lake and fore right, during a players swing (as they just did to Rahm and Garica) is beyond what should be allowed and even bad by Ryder Cup fan standards.
Agree I've already heard a couple things from the crowd today that were excessive also.

Scheffler is on fire vs Rahm.

Agree I've already heard a couple things from the crowd today that were excessive also.

Scheffler is on fire vs Rahm.

Yesterday I was hearing a few fans gloss over Paulina Gretzky pretty loudly over the air.

You heard one guy yelling at Paulina... some other guy yelling I think she looked at you, maybe she likes you (or something to that effect). I was talking to someone else around that time so not sure if they ever went into more offensive stuff, but it was still sad to listen to some drunks talking loudly.

Bryson has an opportunity to play smarter at times.

That was really stupid to go aggressive there when Garcia was not in great position either.

You can argue that in a stroke play contest against the field his strategy is to always go aggressive.
But match play you have to think about your foe's position.

This US roster is talented, young, and largely void of many Ryder Cup demons of the past.

Europe is getting old and desperately needs a talent infusion in the future... and beyond Hovland where is it coming from?

Remember Matteo Manassero? He won 4 European Tour Events by the time he was 20 year old... reached #25 in the world. And shortly thereafter flopped and at the age of 28 is a nobody.
One of few on course negatives about Tiger is sub par team play record in Ryder cups

I feel for Scheffler having to be the one to play with DeChambeau.

Stricker can’t let Bryson play anything but 4 ball.
He would be nuclear in a 4 some.
Apparently he’s buds with the robot freak

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom