2021 USMNT Thread | Syracusefan.com

2021 USMNT Thread

An NYCFC (NY is red) product headed to my favorite league in the world. Hopefully Scally develops in the Bundesliga like so many Americans are. It’s a league that doesn’t shy away from playing the youngsters. Rumors out there that Gladbach are also in on George Bello from Atlanta. Good weekend for Gladbach all around as they stormed back to take 3 deserved points off Bayern.

An NYCFC (NY is red) product headed to my favorite league in the world. Hopefully Scally develops in the Bundesliga like so many Americans are. It’s a league that doesn’t shy away from playing the youngsters. Rumors out there that Gladbach are also in on George Bello from Atlanta. Good weekend for Gladbach all around as they stormed back to take 3 deserved points off Bayern.

First of all -- North Jersey is red, the City is blue.

Second of all -- I think Scally is a far way off. I never really saw it with him -- but then again, I'm no professional scout!

Strangely enough though, we have another potentially big RB signing coming up:

So a random rules question. Watching the Man city game today,, the D passed it back to the goalie who picked it up.. So I take from the rule its not a penalty shot since they awarded a free kick.. The goalie picked it up just outside his goalie area, but they ruled he touched it about 20 ft further out as a free kick.. the D was standing a few ft in front of the goalline..

so say he touched it like 5 ft out of the goal.. the D would not have been able to create a wall true? they would have been inside the net at that point.

Just wondering why they didnt actually put the free kick close to where he actually touched it? I was wondering why it wasnt a penalty kick for something like that?

when i looked for this I found its an indirect free kick,, but thats not how it was played today. although the guy drilled it so maybe he was trying to kit someone with it.

So a random rules question. Watching the Man city game today,, the D passed it back to the goalie who picked it up.. So I take from the rule its not a penalty shot since they awarded a free kick.. The goalie picked it up just outside his goalie area, but they ruled he touched it about 20 ft further out as a free kick.. the D was standing a few ft in front of the goalline..

so say he touched it like 5 ft out of the goal.. the D would not have been able to create a wall true? they would have been inside the net at that point.

Just wondering why they didnt actually put the free kick close to where he actually touched it? I was wondering why it wasnt a penalty kick for something like that?

when i looked for this I found its an indirect free kick,, but thats not how it was played today. although the guy drilled it so maybe he was trying to kit someone with it.

I didn't see it, but from how you describe it, it sounds like a refereeing error. Indirect free kicks are supposed to be taken at the point where the infraction is committed.

As a former youth soccer referee, this is my understanding:
It is an indirect free kick from the spot of the foul (where the keeper handles it), however, if the foul occurs inside the 6-yard box (e.g. 5 feet from the goal) then the ball is places on the 6-yard line closest to the spot of the foul. The defense can set up a wall in front of the goal line even though it is closer than 10 yards.

This is not an unusual call in lower level youth leagues. The illegal pass back must be a "kick" and using any other part of the body (head, chest, knee ) is a legal pass to the keeper.

(FYI I am not an "expert" so if I'm incorrect please let me know.)

My confusion is also on how indirect kick works. i know it has to not go directly in.. he drilled it at the wall. so I assumed he felt it would odds on hit someone on the way.. just wasnt sure if the goalie counted

An Indirect kick is a goal if it touches anyone, offensive player or defensive player, including a keeper.

Jordan Morris is going to Swansea on a six-month loan.

It's and interesting move, because he had offers in the Bundesliga as well.

I think it could be great if he's able to incorporate himself into the team. Swansea are in a promotion fight about halfway through the EFL season. If he impresses, this could be his ticket into the Premiership.

I personally think JM is our most underrated player in the current pool. He's been excellent for the past two years -- really hoping he can show in England to get the recognition that I think he deserves!

Loving this lineup concept:

Shame to leave Adams off though.

What impact on Pulisic will there be with Lampard sacked?

What impact on Pulisic will there be with Lampard sacked?
Tuchel was instrumental in building that youth culture at Dortmund and he brought Pulisic along in that system. The familiarity is a good thing going forward and he definitely trusts Christian. As long as he stays healthy he’ll be playing.

Hoping for a crisp clean 3-0 win
Would you take 4-0 at the half?

Hard to watch because of the hoops game tonight but I caught a bit during commercials (including 2 of the goals). Good to see our domestic boys playing well. Will certainly push the European-based crew for those last squad spots.

I’ve got to be up by 5 tomorrow so will try to catch the first 15-20 minutes of the second half. Will probably fall asleep to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom