2021 Yankees Season | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Yankees Season

That's easy for you to say. It's a little too late for the poor clubhouse attendants who had to be shipped off to Gitmo and waterboarded.

I'm just saying when team would be struggling or certain players not performing George would send a missive. I would drop Stanton in the lineup to put him on alert and bench Hicks to put him on alert.

98 season I think they started 1-4
We all know how that ended up.
I remember the morning after that Seattle game like it was yesterday, in high school talking with my buddies and freaking out about the Yankees season.

It turned out pretty pretty pretty good.

Suzyn said Hicks asked out of the lineup. He is upset about the situation in Minnesota. Hicks, of course, came up with the Twins.

Suzyn said Hicks asked out of the lineup. He is upset about the situation in Minnesota. Hicks, of course, came up with the Twins.
Personally, I think it's great when players do this.

I know it riles up the "get politicks outta muh sports" crowd, but it's a reminder that the people playing "muh sports" are human and aren't robots unaffected by what happens in the world around them, and sometimes there are bigger things than putting on a show by competing for the entertainment of others.

Last edited:

Really this is baseball ? But given he has stunk this year I'm okay.

there are bigger things than putting on a show by competing for the entertainment of others.

I don't disagree with your take about them being human and being affected by human issues, but not a big fan of the finish. They're not exactly Roman gladiators. I think they have other reasons for competing.

Great win Cole fantastic as usual. But I'm going to complain about the Lineup not hittint. Higashioka our backup catcher had to hit 2 homeruns to win us the game tonight. Wakeup Lineup.
Btw with Hicks now is a distraction to the whole team. I'm not okay with that. You wanna reflect and take yourself out fine just dont distract the team.

Great win Cole fantastic as usual. But I'm going to complain about the Lineup not hittint. Higashioka our backup catcher had to hit 2 homeruns to win us the game tonight. Wakeup Lineup.
Btw with Hicks now is a distraction to the whole team. I'm not okay with that. You wanna reflect and take yourself out fine just dont distract the team.
Freaking guys acting like human beings, I can't stand that crap. Worse yet, they are treating him like a human being, too. George would have kicked him in the nuts and told him to get his butt out to centerfield.

I'll go out on a limb here and say that Hicks has the support of most of his teammates and the Yankee organization. Nobody cares about the feelings of rube fans like you.

I'll go out on a limb here and say that Hicks has the support of most of his teammates and the Yankee organization. Nobody cares about the feelings of rube fans like you.
Rube fan or not, this guy goes to almost 2 games per year. If that doesn't entitle you to verbally attack a player, then what does? Three games per year? Is that the magic number?

Trolling! Cool!

Dont distract the team and potentially cost us wins from a fans standpoint of view. I hate to bring him up again cause I get crushed for it what would George think if he was alive. He would appreciate the thoughts but he is being paid millions of dollars 7 year 70 million dollar deal and btw Stanton was originally not going to play according to Boone but ended up playing. Just saying I watch sports to get away from daily life and world events these guys get paid millions to win games for their teams and thier fans.

Trolling! Cool!

Worry about your Dodgers. This is my teams player. I appreciate his thoughts and cares but dont appreciate social movements making way into sports.

Rube fan or not, this guy goes to almost 2 games per year. If that doesn't entitle you to verbally attack a player, then what does? Three games per year? Is that the magic number?
Three games and you get to make out the lineup. Four games and you can make roster moves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom