2021 Yankees Season | Page 199 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Yankees Season

Didi was such a huge loss for the Yankees.

I was so happy when he left. He was a tough out.

Didi was such a huge loss for the Yankees.

I was so happy when he left. He was a tough out.
He sucked this year too though, Gleyber Torres had a better year by comparison.

Michael Kay just now...

Yanks have to change.

Less HR sluggers. More athletic players who can run bases and play defense.
He did his indignant radio host Michael Kay act on the YES post-game show last night, sort of previewing this.

Kay actually thinks the Yankees will part ways with Gary Sanchez. Let it be so.

1B Rizzo
2B Gleyber
SS Gio
3B DJLM
RF/CF Judge
RF/DH Stanton

UT Wade

only definites

1B Rizzo
2B Gleyber
SS Gio
3B DJLM
RF/CF Judge
RF/DH Stanton

UT Wade

only definites
Rizzo? You think he's going to sign some team-friendly deal? Otherwise, the Yankees are going to pay through the nose for a guy whose skills will continue to decline.

1B Rizzo
2B Gleyber
SS Gio
3B DJLM
RF/CF Judge
RF/DH Stanton

UT Wade

only definites
You think they come back with the same team? Maybe. But I think that is a bad idea. Toronto is going to out and get the few pieces they need to get even better. Tampa is Tampa. Very young and very good. I don't know what the Sox are going to do yet. I don't care what the O's are going to do. You didn't include catcher or pitching. Pitching will be tough to get because everyone wants it.

You think they come back with the same team? Maybe. But I think that is a bad idea. Toronto is going to out and get the few pieces they need to get even better. Tampa is Tampa. Very young and very good. I don't know what the Sox are going to do yet. I don't care what the O's are going to do. You didn't include catcher or pitching. Pitching will be tough to get because everyone wants it.

I’d be surprised if Toronto keeps Robbie Ray. He was a big piece, will win the Cy Young.

I’d be surprised if the Yankees keep Rizzo. If Voit isn’t going to be the answer, then take a run at Freddie Freeman.

(And sign Robbie Ray).

One year hit but a lot of money coming off the books after 2022.

I’d be surprised if Toronto keeps Robbie Ray. He was a big piece, will win the Cy Young.

I’d be surprised if the Yankees keep Rizzo. If Voit isn’t going to be the answer, then take a run at Freddie Freeman.

(And sign Robbie Ray).

One year hit but a lot of money coming off the books after 2022.
I would be very surprised if Freeman left the Braves. Plus, Judge is a free agent after 2022.

I would be very surprised if Freeman left the Braves. Plus, Judge is a free agent after 2022.
Judge will be signed.

I do think they give Rizzo a 3-4 year deal.

I did not address the pitching staff.

Assuming Judge was in their long term plans. They can sign Robbie Ray and a 1B (or SS) using the money they had planned to give Sanchez and Gleyber for their eventual long term contracts.

DhJHtdOX4AAwak2.jpg

Assuming Judge was in their long term plans. They can sign Robbie Ray and a 1B (or SS) using the money they had planned to give Sanchez and Gleyber for their eventual long term contracts.

DhJHtdOX4AAwak2.jpg
SS and catcher need to be addressed after they ink Judge long term. I think they can plug and play at first.

Semien is available and isn’t resigning with Toronto because he wants to play SS

Correa , seager … also great choices

I’d stay away from Storey as his career numbers outside of Coors are scary

I don't think you are properly analyzing Semien's "I still see myself as a Shortstop" comment. I was also guilty of that same interpretation at first.

Semien is largely creating negotiation leverage with this comment.
Put some pressure on Toronto.
Get a few more suitors interested in him as a SS.

Am I saying that Toronto signs Semien in the end. Nope, but I think its not far off from 50%. Semien has hardly closed the door on Toronto -- just creating more leverage for himself.

The Jays have money and will prioritize Robby Ray because they need pitching. They will let Semien go because they have plenty of hitting even without him. I don't see the Yankees going after starting pitching. There isn't much on the FA market beyond Ray. They will feel OK with Cole and Sevy fronting the rotation with Taillon/Monty/Nestor/German/Gil to fill out the rest. They will need to spend their money to upgrade at SS, C, CF (please let's not go with Hicks/Gardy again). Starling Marte is exactly what they need in CF. A .300 hitter/steals 40 bases/ speed/defense/ table setter in front of Judge & Stanton. But Cashman just loves him some Hicks and won't admit a mistake in giving him that ridiculous 7 year contract that has 4 years remaining. I hope they sign Rizzo for 1B but it wouldn't surprise me if they decide to go "cheap" there given spending on other needs. Please don't put DJ at 1B. Really need a lefty bat there otherwise where do they get a lefty bat other than Mr. Strikeout Gallo?

The Jays have money and will prioritize Robby Ray because they need pitching. They will let Semien go because they have plenty of hitting even without him. I don't see the Yankees going after starting pitching. There isn't much on the FA market beyond Ray. They will feel OK with Cole and Sevy fronting the rotation with Taillon/Monty/Nestor/German/Gil to fill out the rest. They will need to spend their money to upgrade at SS, C, CF (please let's not go with Hicks/Gardy again). Starling Marte is exactly what they need in CF. A .300 hitter/steals 40 bases/ speed/defense/ table setter in front of Judge & Stanton. But Cashman just loves him some Hicks and won't admit a mistake in giving him that ridiculous 7 year contract that has 4 years remaining. I hope they sign Rizzo for 1B but it wouldn't surprise me if they decide to go "cheap" there given spending on other needs. Please don't put DJ at 1B. Really need a lefty bat there otherwise where do they get a lefty bat other than Mr. Strikeout Gallo?
Gallo if nothing else is a good fielder. I wonder if he could play first.

That was my initial inclination but a few Toronto "insiders" for whatever that term is worth, are of the opinion is that Semien is a bit more likely to sign than Ray. The Jays woud be more inclined to get in a bidding war with Semien because he has much more value predictability. Value is value regardless of position.

Ray is a major risk. Mechanically he has been a mess in the past and figured it all out this year. Is this one year more predictive of the future?

It also appears Jays would also prefer to spend their long term pitching financial resources on a Berrios extension if they have to make a choice.

Either way I hope the Jays are able to keep 1 of the 2. Its not always the most attractive market, so when you have 2 guys that came to Toronto, were happy in Toronto and would be open to come back to Toronto, you need to figure out the financials that work. Because finding that replacement will be very difficult.

1B Rizzo
2B Gleyber
SS Gio
3B DJLM
RF/CF Judge
RF/DH Stanton

UT Wade

only definites

1B Rizzo
2B DJ
SS Correa
3B Gio

How to fix Yankees:
1. Non tender Sanchez.
2. Trade Gallo for a competent C
3. Sign FA Starling Marte for CF. Move Hicks to LF.
4. Sign FA Cory Seager for SS.
5. Sign FA Rizzo for 1B.
6. DJL to 3B. Gio to super utility role. Torres 2B.

How to fix Yankees:
1. Non tender Sanchez.
5. Sign FA Rizzo for 1B.
I am not a fan of DJL at 3rd. Even with his down year, I like Gio at 3rd. Even if he bats average, he plays great D.

I agree that it's time to move on from Gary and Gallo.

How to fix Yankees:
1. Non tender Sanchez.
5. Sign FA Rizzo for 1B.

While moving from CF to LF, Hicks suffered a hamstring injury. Placed on the 10 Day DL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom