2021 Yankees Season | Page 89 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Yankees Season

I would trade Aaron Judge if you could get a good starting pitcher, a starting outfielder, and a high level prospect in return (not sure he would bring that much). He seems like a great kid and is occasionally spectacular with enormous power but he does not make enough consistent contact, has no clue about situational hitting (like most players these days), is often injured and I don't think his big body is likely to age well plus free agency is coming.

Cashman has made some serious mistakes in the design of this team and this could be a major step in addressing some of the glaring defects.
Dislike intensely

I would trade Aaron Judge if you could get a good starting pitcher, a starting outfielder, and a high level prospect in return (not sure he would bring that much). He seems like a great kid and is occasionally spectacular with enormous power but he does not make enough consistent contact, has no clue about situational hitting (like most players these days), is often injured and I don't think his big body is likely to age well plus free agency is coming.

Cashman has made some serious mistakes in the design of this team and this could be a major step in addressing some of the glaring defects.
The team has some issues, bit I don't consider Judge to be one of them.

Ain’t happening!
Yankees seem to always have a face of the franchise and that face is Aaron Judge for the next decade.Now if the Angels wanted to give the Yanks some guy named Trout I’m sure they’d be willing to oblige.

Ain’t happening!
Yankees seem to always have a face of the franchise and that face is Aaron Judge for the next decade.Now if the Angels wanted to give the Yanks some guy named Trout I’m sure they’d be willing to oblige.
Would have to be Ohtani to kill two birds with one stone. Yeah I’m delusional. Maybe considering Torres for trade would be a better option. Though I’m not advocating that. Would prefer to see him back at second base.

Maybe considering Torres for trade would be a better option. Though I’m not advocating that. Would prefer to see him back at second base.
He made a few conspicuous errors this year, but he his defensive metrics have been really good so far. It is a small sample size though.

How is Voit not back this weekend. Yankees saying be back Tuesday. He said he could be back Sunday. BTW Lakers fired their trainer after a season full of injuries we have had 2 3 seasons full of injuries after last year and this year Cressey should have long since been fired.

How is Voit not back this weekend. Yankees saying be back Tuesday. He said he could be back Sunday. BTW Lakers fired their trainer after a season full of injuries we have had 2 3 seasons full of injuries after last year and this year Cressey should have long since been fired.
Even when Voight gets back I’m not sure that’s the cure for all the Yankees woes.Sure he might hit a few dingers, but the Yanks need some athleticism and a higher baseball IQ out on the ol diamond.
Not sure how they can fix this mess, but maybe try taking what the opponent gives you instead of going for the HR on every swing.How about running the bases like it’s the ninth inning of a tied World Series game. It wouldn’t hurt to show some emotion and get pumped up from the 1st pitch either. Too many games Yankees wait until trailing late to start getting fired up.

you’re gonna be fired soon. Stopping crying about everything in every thread.

Bring back Gene Monahan

It wouldn’t hurt to show some emotion and get pumped up from the 1st pitch either. Too many games Yankees wait until trailing late to start getting fired up.
Being "fired-up" in baseball is generally not a good thing. People who are pumped-up tend to grip bats tighter and chase pitches. It's better to be relaxed and even-keeled (see Derek Jeter).

Being "fired-up" in baseball is generally not a good thing. People who are pumped-up tend to grip bats tighter and chase pitches. It's better to be relaxed and even-keeled (see Derek Jeter).
See Alex Verdugo from Red Sox.
I’m not talking about run through a brick wall type, but damn show some signs of life

Like what?
Emotion!
Look like you’re having fun out there, it’s a damn baseball game that most of them get paid life changing money.Look around the league at some of the teams that have fun on the ball field.Alex Cora always has a fun team to watch and I hate saying that because they are the arch enemy, but damn we look like we are attending a damn funeral
night after night. Only time I see the Yankees letting loose is when they hit a HR.Maybe my perception is off, but even some of my Yankee hating buddies bring it up as to how dead our team looks.

Emotion!
Look like you’re having fun out there, it’s a damn baseball game that most of them get paid life changing money.Look around the league at some of the teams that have fun on the ball field.Alex Cora always has a fun team to watch and I hate saying that because they are the arch enemy, but damn we look like we are attending a damn funeral
night after night. Only time I see the Yankees letting loose is when they hit a HR.Maybe my perception is off, but even some of my Yankee hating buddies bring it up as to how dead our team looks.
Teams that are winning tend to look like they’re having fun. The Yankees look pretty happy to me when they win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom