2021 Yankees Season | Page 91 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Yankees Season

Except the runner scores barely 40% of the time from third with fewer than two outs.

most years I’ve looked it’s closer to 50%. But it’s far more complicated than that.

Except the runner scores barely 40% of the time from third with fewer than two outs.
I'm hoping this team can evolve into the 1959 White Sox. I'd like to see Cashman go out and trade for Luis Aparicio and Nellie Fox to solidify the middle infield this off season.

most years I’ve looked it’s closer to 50%. But it’s far more complicated than that.
You’re probably aware that strike out rates are up. It is not the safe bet it once was (if you consider 50% safe).

You are right it’s more complicated than that. There are ways the runner ends up at third without bunting, plus bunts are not always successful.

They scored runs and now it looks like they have emotion. So weird.
You can downplay it, but I’m not the only one that has seen a team that looks listless. Google all kind of articles by baseball writers that have said the same thing.Great win today but Yanks need to start from the jump and quit waiting til the late innings to bust out the whooping sticks.Yankees have been beating up bad bullpens the last two series and can’t continue to count on seeing those type of late inning pitchers.

You can downplay it, but I’m not the only one that has seen a team that looks listless. Google all kind of articles by baseball writers that have said the same thing.Great win today but Yanks need to start from the jump and quit waiting til the late innings to bust out the whooping sticks.Yankees have been beating up bad bullpens the last two series and can’t continue to count on seeing those type of late inning pitchers.
You think they aren’t scoring in the early innings because they aren’t fired-up enough?

So 4 out of the last 5 against strong competition. If they go 4 out of 5 the rest of the way they’re World Series champs. Too soon?

Nice deflection
What do ya want? I’ve stated what I see as wrong with the Yanks.They aren’t going to keep winning if they don’t start getting up from jump street and start showing that same grit and determination you see late in the games. Boone has even said the bigger the moment the more some guys get motivated and focus more.How about just focusing
earlier in the game? Can I go with focus? I didn’t mean come out like your running out of the tunnel for the Iron Bowl.

What do ya want? I’ve stated what I see as wrong with the Yanks.They aren’t going to keep winning if they don’t start getting up from jump street and start showing that same grit and determination you see late in the games. Boone has even said the bigger the moment the more some guys get motivated and focus more.How about just focusing
earlier in the game? Can I go with focus? I didn’t mean come out like your running out of the tunnel for the Iron Bowl.
You really believe these guys aren't trying as hard early in games as compared to late? Silly.

Do you really presume to know the extent of these men’s grit, determination, and focus?

You really believe these guys aren't trying as hard early in games as compared to late? Silly.
Paul O’Neil and others have said the same thing.
They need to play with a sense of urgency from the beginning, they can’t keep waiting til late in the game

They need to play with a sense of urgency from the beginning, they can’t keep waiting til late in the game
What does it look like when one plays baseball with a sense of urgency?

If Paulie said it, then I guess it must be so. You win!

What does it look like when one plays baseball with a sense of urgency?
I won’t do the work for you, but you can Google plenty of quotes from guys like Aaron Jude who talk about we have to play with a sense of urgency.
I get it, you don’t agree with my take on what I think the Yankee players need to do. Just my opinion and how I see things.

1-877-Kars for Krakens.

If Sanchez isn't careful, he's going to wind up making his third All-Star game in his relatively brief career.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom