2022-23 Basketball Portal & Recruiting | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2022-23 Basketball Portal & Recruiting

Rumor
1650057270325.png

Would be great if FLJ could get the 2 Carrs to stay, and get Lattimore to come here. That would make it a deep and pretty good team. If by chance Fair joined them, they would cause a lot of problems.
Personally I’d rather have to more big post players than the carrs. Team has a number of guards and will have probably add the guard from Buffalo that just entered the portal.

Personally I’d rather have to more big post players than the carrs. Team has a number of guards and will have probably add the guard from Buffalo that just entered the portal.

Agreed 144%.

Biggest need still is Bigs.

We’d take Fair in a heartbeat if she decides to come here, but otherwise the focus should be on young ladies well north of 6” tall.

The 2 new additions help that a LOT, but we could still use 1-2 more.

I'ld welcome the 2 Carrs staying as we need some scoring besides Hyman and Woolley. Christiana is 6-1 and while undersized she did backup Styles, She lead team in 3pts made and abt 12pts, 5boards a game are solid numbers. If Fair doesn't come having a speedy guard that averages 15 pts a game would be nice to have.

That being said I think they will both go still and while adding more height is desirable, I would like to see another player that can score.

Agreed 144%.

Biggest need still is Bigs.

We’d take Fair in a heartbeat if she decides to come here, but otherwise the focus should be on young ladies well north of 6” tall.

The 2 new additions help that a LOT, but we could still use 1-2 more.
Even if the 2 Carr's stay we are only at 11or 12, Women's team can have 15, might as well use all the scholarship.
Just as last year never know who might get injured or sick and unable to play.

Found this link - might be of interest to some SU fans here. Nice chart. Looking at it closer it doesn’t seem up to date, missing the UB additions to the team unfortunately.

it says in the syracuse.com article just that, she entered the portal after it closed so she wouldn't be eligible to play this season if she transfers"

"Walker entered the portal on Thursday, according to a source, four days after the NCAA’s deadline to enter the portal and still be eligible to play during the 2022-23 season."

View attachment 217101
thought the portal was closed
The portal is always open it's just that they have to officially enter it by a specific date, the date depends on if they compete in a Spring or Winter sport, or they have to sit out a year. Eboni will have to sit out the 2022 season.

Not many 2022 highly ranked recruits left out there. We’ll have to hit the portal hard and efficiently. Looks like there are plenty of 2023 that haven’t made their final decision yet.
In the 60 listed 1 through 17 are five stars with 7 commits shown leaving 10 available. Of the remainder
from 18 - 60 there are 17 commits leaving 25 available - so you have a pool of 35 4 & 5 stars remaining for recruiting.

FLJ has the opportunity to lure someone or more from that pool of 35 to SU with her character and personality I wouldn't bet against her.

In the 60 listed 1 through 17 are five stars with 7 commits shown leaving 10 available. Of the remainder
from 18 - 60 there are 17 commits leaving 25 available - so you have a pool of 35 4 & 5 stars remaining for recruiting.

FLJ has the opportunity to lure someone or more from that pool of 35 to SU with her character and personality I wouldn't bet against her.
My understanding is that Coach FLJ would like to add one more center and that will be a wrap for this cycle.

My understanding is that Coach FLJ would like to add one more center and that will be a wrap for this cycle.
Thank you for the info. I did not know that was her only need this cycle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom