2022-23 Bowl Season | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

2022-23 Bowl Season

We lost to Bama once 61-6.

1953 Orange Bowl.
Big 12 teams should never be invited back to CFP. Also I predict Texas and Oklahoma will be in the bottom of SEC for years to come.

Last edited:
The ncaa has a real problem on its hands, if it’s going to be Ohio state, Georgia or Alabama every year will anyone outside of there fanbases even have a sliver of Interest? I know I could care less at this point.
These takes are great. TC freaking U just made the championship game and to you that proves the system is irreparably damaged

I would love to know how much these back to back championships cost UGA? I love how nobody on tv speaks about the number$ because how dirty it must feel.

On another note not bad for Sonny Dykes in year 1.
What’s there to feel dirty about? UGA fans waited 40 some odd years for the first championship last year, which includes numerous and more recent heartbreak to Alabama. Alabama had a much more impressive streak, and that was before NIL

Last edited:
Texas truly is THE sleeping giant.
Texas with Sark, Dykes at TCU, and McGuire at TxTech, combined with if Baylor can maintain success…… the state of Texas football looks promising

Still...the Big 10 once again has been denied even though they had 2 teams in the final 4. Why does that make me feel so good about that? They can have all 4 next year and still not win.

Still...the Big 10 once again has been denied even though they had 2 teams in the final 4. Why does that make me feel so good about that? They can have all 4 next year and still not win.
Well Ohio State has nothing to be embarrassed about.

Well Ohio State has nothing to be embarrassed about.

No they didn't and if Marv Jr doesn't leave it probably would have turned out differently. That said, the righteousness of the Big 10 always bothered me when their top teams cheat as much or more than the SEC. The SEC embraces who they are and at least admit it.

I would love to know how much these back to back championships cost UGA? I love how nobody on tv speaks about the number$ because how dirty it must feel.

On another note not bad for Sonny Dykes in year 1.

I believe UGA reports around $80M spent on the program.

I’m not sure if that includes NIL, other booster-led initiatives, etc.

They basically publicly spent double what TCU spent on its program.

Texas with Sark, Dykes at TCU, and McGuire at TxTech, combined with if Baylor can maintain success…… the state of Texas football looks promising
SMU and Houston aren’t bad either, and if the alumni at SMU step up again like they did before the death penalty watch out.

I believe UGA reports around $80M spent on the program.

I’m not sure if that includes NIL, other booster-led initiatives, etc.

They basically publicly spent double what TCU spent on its program.
That’s sickening. I’m sure it doesn’t count NIL deals either.

Kirby got a million for winning last night and I think his overall compensation exceeds 8 million.

Kirby got a million for winning last night and I think his overall compensation exceeds 8 million.
I could be wrong, but I believe it is $10.25M, before bonuses... which would be $1M for the NC, plus some others he has earned this year (SEC Championship, CFP Semi), which would bring him close to $2M in total bonuses... total comp ~$12M

edit: he earned $1.3M bonus this season ($300k for SEC Championship and $1M for NC) on top of the $10.25M base, or $~11.5M total

Last edited:
pretty sure you are correct that it does not include NIL. FWIW, i believe some of the profit goes back to the school to fund non-athletic related needs

Last edited:
Lol no the drop off from about 6 teams to the rest of the hundred and whatever is what proves the system is damaged
Let’s have a raffle instead and each year random teams will be selected for the playoff. The winning team wins a life size bronze statue . It can be called “the Bernie Sanders trophy”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom