2022-23 Coaching Carousel | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2022-23 Coaching Carousel

I thought we might see Michigan's coach get removed, but he seems to be hanging in there so far.

I thought we might see Michigan's coach get removed, but he seems to be hanging in there so far.
I have been thinking the same thing. Seems strange that they are not farther along and more competitive. Their women's team is on the rise and they have the resources and great academics. It just does not add up - it is probably time for a change.

Kirwin - UVa
Benson - UMD
Ross - Navy
Wojcik - Notre Dame

Feels like Kirwin should be the obvious front runner here, no?

Kirwin - UVa
Benson - UMD
Ross - Navy
Wojcik - Notre Dame

Feels like Kirwin should be the obvious front runner here, no?

Would seem like Benson would have first dibs but wouldn’t be upset if one of the ACC coaches left.. Lmao .. all kidding aside.. all four deserve a shot

Would seem like Benson would have first dibs but wouldn’t be upset if one of the ACC coaches left.. Lmao .. all kidding aside.. all four deserve a shot
All good options. I think Benson would be the front runner as well. Kirwin maybe a close second.

Murphy ran the defense for Penn State this past season I beleive. Petro and Tamborini are pretty close, they coached together at Cornell (Tambo succeeded him when Petro took the Hopkins job). I don't really think Petro would jump ship for another coordinator job, but it makes me wonder. He wouldn't have to face his sons at UNC twice a season.

Murphy ran the defense for Penn State this past season I beleive. Petro and Tamborini are pretty close, they coached together at Cornell (Tambo succeeded him when Petro took the Hopkins job). I don't really think Petro would jump ship for another coordinator job, but it makes me wonder. He wouldn't have to face his sons at UNC twice a season.
Extremely confusing that Mike Murphy is also the name of Penn's head coach! We probably pay better than any DC job in the country for what its worth. Would be more worried if Tambroni was kicked out.

Petro sons least dom sign nli believe so, what means he can’t switch now. Would he have to play or be on unc roster for year before he could switch? From few things I read or heard they both wanna play for their dad. Not sure if means dad being head coach or just least a coach. Be super nice if they decided to switch to come play for poppa bear petro while at cuse.

Certainly an interesting development. Pressler has been extremely loyal to Bryant over the years and probably could have gotten a much bigger job a few years back. Highland Park (Owen Seebold is a graduate) is a very wealthy community so I'm sure he's getting well compensated.

interesting...pressler proved you can win at bryant but that may have had more to do with pressler than with bryant. curious to see what kind of candidates they bring in. the runner-up for the providence job (kirwan?) might be interested

Certainly an interesting development. Pressler has been extremely loyal to Bryant over the years and probably could have gotten a much bigger job a few years back. Highland Park (Owen Seebold is a graduate) is a very wealthy community so I'm sure he's getting well compensated.

Not surprised, there had been some rumblings that the program was having some internal issues and had underachieved the last few years. I think he took them as far as they were going to go under him. Good admin support at Bryant but a tough place to recruit consistently.

HP got knocked out of the playoffs in the first round this year and hasn't won a championship since 2018. Rich Moses current coach probably shown the door. That school has more money then many college programs. Competition in Dallas has gotten much tougher of late.

Not surprised, there had been some rumblings that the program was having some internal issues and had underachieved the last few years. I think he took them as far as they were going to go under him. Good admin support at Bryant but a tough place to recruit consistently.

Bryant stepping up in class from NEC to America East probably factored in.

HP got knocked out of the playoffs in the first round this year and hasn't won a championship since 2018. Rich Moses current coach probably shown the door. That school has more money then many college programs. Competition in Dallas has gotten much tougher of late.
A friend who has kids in the youth program said she heard that there were resignations this morning.
HP has definitely underachieved and they’ve been losing a lot of talent to private schools lately. Texas lacrosse is very intense right now and there’s a lot of competition. This should help!

Edit: HC was fired, Asst resigned.

The new head of HP lacrosse board is Hunter Henry, Duke class of ‘01.
1654344785171.png

Last edited:

Heard the payout from the Duke case kept him very comfortable.

St. John’s: Have heard Drew Kelleher, Keegan Wilkinson, and Justin Turri connected to that opening. Also small rumblings about former Providence head coach Chris Gabrielli.

NJIT: Names I’ve heard for that opening include Jim Rogalski, Eric Wolf, and Scott Meehan.

Bryant: Casey Broderson is currently the interim there and felt as the favorite to take over on a permanent basis. But Brad Ross’s name has popped up from a few sources I spoke to.

UMass Lowell: Names there include Broderson, Kelleher, Judd Lattimore, and John Klepacki, the head coach at Western New England.

Cade Saustad (#11) our top cover close also went there.

This is legitimately surprising. I think most people thought Conry was on the hot seat, certainly not expecting him to get extended given the Wolverine's struggles the last few years.

This is legitimately surprising. I think most people thought Conry was on the hot seat, certainly not expecting him to get extended given the Wolverine's struggles the last few years.

This seems unlikely to age well. I know its probably a drop in the bucket for the overall athletic cost but other then some above average recruiting its been a mess the last few years for Conroy.

Maybe they felt that Coronavirus had interfered with the team's development or something.
In 2021 he had all the injuries, which held the team back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom