2022 Baseball Hall of Fame Ballot | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Baseball Hall of Fame Ballot

my guy Barry isn't getting in. Sad. It's a museum.

Laughable... and i mean LAUGHABLE... that Bud Selig is in the HOF, but Bonds and Clemens won't be. Then again, it's the MLB... they don't do much right
There's always a chance with the Veteran's Committee.
That's what Schilling is counting on; he doesn't even want to be voted in by the baseball writers.

That's what Schilling is counting on; he doesn't even want to be voted in by the baseball writers.
They are all getting in eventually their punishment for cheating will be waiting a long time and having to go in via the veterans committee.

They are all getting in eventually their punishment for cheating will be waiting a long time and having to go in via the veterans committee.
Yeah I think that’s probably going to happen for most of these guys.
Not ARod, of course. Nobody likes him

Yeah I think that’s probably going to happen for most of these guys.
Not ARod, of course. Nobody likes him
True but bonds are Clemens aren't exactly likeable either. I think they all get in one day.

1) Steroids are medications designed to build up tissue to allow people to recover from injuries. Under appropriate controls, there's nothing wrong with them. If you are getting them from Jose Canseco sticking a needle in your butt, that's the problem.

2) They aren't banned to protect the record book, the pennant race or the Hall of Fame. They are banned to protect players from the side-effects of over-use.

3) Baseball was slow to respond to the problem and various substances were banned at various times: some players achievements may have come when they used something that was legal at the time.

4) The impact of steroids is probably over-stated: per the Mitchell report, there are many who used them who didn't become stars, break records, etc. other factors include new ballparks that favor hitters and the owners juicing the ball in anticipation of the strike to try to generate enthusiasm for the sport despite the strike. Prior to 1994, 11 players had hit 50 home runs in a season a total of 18 times and just three since Roger Maris broke Ruth's record. At the time of the 1994 strike 8 players were hitting homers at a pace that would have produced 50 over 162 games. The owners have let steroid take the 'blame' for the offensive explosion to avoid admitting they knew the strike was coming because they forced it.

5) Taking steroids when banned is 'cheating' in the sense that it's breaking the rules to gain a competitive advantage but it's not the same as Joe Jackson taking a bribe to use or even Pete Rose consorting with gamblers but not betting against his own team, which involve a direct conflict of interest or a potential one: the player is trying to win.

6) Baseball has chosen to deal with steroids through testing and suspensions for players who test positive. They have not chosen to remove their achievements form the record book or to put asterisks next to them. A Hall of Fame vote should be based on what baseball allows into its record book.

7) We know that Gaylord Perry and Whitey Ford did illegal things to the baseball to succeed and that players used to take "greenies" to give them an extra burst of energy before games. There other examples of players in the Hall of Fame taking some strange things to enhance their performance:

I say vote players into the Hall of Fame if they have clear Hall of Fame numbers but if they admitted to using banned substances or if it's been proven that they did, put that on their plaques.

Last edited:
Schilling will get in from the veterans committee. He never used steroids and he didn’t get in because the media didn’t like his politics and his behavior was ridiculous.

Bonds and Clemens it will depend on if the players care about steroids.

I do think schilling gets in the HOF in December.

I think Schilling will have to wait a bit longer. The political winds (or the wind out of his mouth) needs to change

I think Schilling will have to wait a bit longer. The political winds (or the wind out of his mouth) needs to change
He is on veterans Committee nexf December.
He will need 12 of 16.

They elected Harold Baines.

Schilling will get in nexf December.

That why baseball writers suck. Has nothing to do with whether or not he should be in the H of F. Small minded people who hold his political view against him.

He is on veterans Committee nexf December.
He will need 12 of 16.

They elected Harold Baines.

Schilling will get in nexf December.
I don’t think they will put him on the ballot.

I can see all them having to wait till the next go round. They were just on for 10 straight years, they can wait…what is it? 3-5 more??

Schilling should’ve been in…and will get in.

B & C are done.

Writers should be ashamed of themselves for Schilling…..the dickhead, redsux and dback.

Voting shall be based upon the player's record, playing ability, integrity, sportsmanship, character….

So, not political but I tend to look down on the character of anyone who endorses lynching members of the media. And apparently those apparently lynchworthy media voters do too.

Anyway, moving on. I am fine letting the vets pick if they want these guys sharing the Hall with them. If they do, let ‘em in.

One guy was an integral part of three world championships that never would have occurred without his heroics. Easily the best clutch hitter of his generation, not even close. The bottom of the ninth you're up by a run with two outs - who would you rather face? Scott Rolen or David Ortiz? Ask a NYY fan. Some times analytics complicate the simple.

A DH who failed a drug test.

Piazza had to wait 7 years.

And Piazza>>>>>>>>>>arias
Read up on his "failed" drug test according to MLB. Results were very questionable. Papi was tested frequently since 2004 and nothing ever came back negative. Meanwhile during that entire period his productivity was off the charts. Much different from many of the other cheaters whose results fell off the table once they had to endure testing.

Veterans committee will be much harsher against the PED guys and the dudes omitted for off the field issues (schilling) than the writers. Baines got in cause they are suckers for stat compilers / longevity

Last edited:
Bonds, Clemens and Schilling should all be in. Arod too.

The baseball writers are the worst.

It’s not their job to be the moral police.

And I agree with Day2 about Rolen. He was a 2 way player that was key to the 2000’s Cardinals success. Ortiz was a great hitter, but that’s all he did.

Bonds, Clemens and Schilling should all be in. Arod too.

The baseball writers are the worst.

It’s not their job to be the moral police.

And I agree with Day2 about Rolen. He was a 2 way player that was key to the 2000’s Cardinals success. Ortiz was a great hitter, but that’s all he did.
Unfortunately, the “character clause” is part of the HOF guidelines. I wish it wasn’t. It’s stupid to determine the character of people we don’t know.

I don’t think PED users are necessarily bad characters. I do think domestic abusers are bad characters (that includes Bonds).

If I had a ballot, I just would not vote.

Selig, Torre and LaRussa got in - guys who tacitly approved of and arguably benefitted the most from steroid use, are in.

Every player from the era should be in and if Bonds didn't break Aaron's record none of these guys would be getting punished.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom