2022 Baseball Hall of Fame Ballot | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Baseball Hall of Fame Ballot

this is the 2nd year in a row i wanted to punch Verducci through the tv...his righteousness, integrity of the game and overall air about him are so annoying.

what a fluckin tool.

costas is sitting there saying he would vote for bonds and clemens and this idiot has a smug look on his face like, but you dont and i do, so im better than you.

fluck him.

next years ballot is weak, btw.

Those of you pushing Rolen over Ortiz for the HoF have taken leave of your senses.

In his entire career Rolen finished once in the top ten for MVP voting. Ortiz had seven finishes in the top ten and six of those finishes were in the top six. Looking at the postseason stats shows Ortiz with a .947 OPS with 17 HRs and 61 RBIs while in 10 postseason series Rolen had an OPS of .678 with 5 dingers and 12 RBI. It's quite possible the Red Sox do not win any of their three world championships (2004, 2007 and 2013) without Ortiz in the lineup. Nobody comes close to Ortiz in terms of postseason production over the last two decades. Oh btw he drove in nearly 500 more runs while hitting more than 225 dingers than Rolen. Nuts.

where have you been?

a DH with a roid cloud.

thats the new '1st Ballot HOFer'??
1 of 4 players in MLB history with 500 HRs and 600 2b.

1 of 4 players with 500 HRs and 3 WS titles.

Plus an over .900 OPS jn the postseason.

Arias is a first ballot HOFer.
The 2003 testing never told people what they were guilty of. Missing a test was considered a positive. White Sox team intentionally missed tests to so that 5% positive would be triggered to get permanent testing.

Arias is a first ballot guy. DH is a position and the guy raked.

where have you been?

a DH with a roid cloud.

thats the new '1st Ballot HOFer'??
Was tested relentlessly from 2004 to 2016 and never produced a positive test yet produced amazing results into his late 30s. Meanwhile your boy ARod fell off a table after he got caught.

1 of 4 players in MLB bistory with 500 HRs and 600 2b.

1 of 4 players with 500 HRs and 3 WS titles.

Plus an over .900 OPS jn the postseason.

Arias js a first ballot HOFer.
The 2003 testing never told people what they were guilty of. Missing a test was considered a positive. White Sox team intentionally missed tests to so that 5% positive would be triggered to get permanent testing.

Arias is a first ballot guy. DH is a position and the guy raked.
DH is not a position.

I agree it became a weapon in the 80s & 90s and some relics like ortiz held onto it into the 00s, but basically a pure DH with a roid cloud should not get in on 1st ballot.

we all knew he was getting in or should, as you know im pro bonds, so i cant be anti ortiz. to that fact, Manny was better.

arias should not be in that class of HOFers.

Was tested relentlessly from 2004 to 2016 and never produced a positive test yet produced amazing results into his late 30s. Meanwhile your boy ARod fell off a table after he got caught.
aroid? fluck him.

hes also a HOFer to me.

There was no point in his career where I watched Rolen play and thought he was HF guy. Nice player that would help most any team but not HF guy.

Ortiz being first Ballot is fine.. It means way less now with so many issues on who is getting in at all.

There was no point in his career where I watched Rolen play and thought he was HF guy. Nice player that would help most any team but not HF guy.

Ortiz being first Ballot is fine.. It means way less now with so many issues on who is getting in at all.
I love story that Rolen and Tony LaRussa hated each others guts so much in 2006 they weren’t even talking to each other when they were game 7 of the NLCS and LaRussa wanted to speak with Rolen. He had to use his 3rd base coach to speak with Rolen.

Like that is crazy. I don’t think Rolen is a HOFer just a good player.
.281 300+ HR, 2k hits, 8x gold gloves is his best asset.

Just doesn’t scream HOFer.
Rolen is Jose Bautista with gold gloves.

There's no roid cloud over Ortiz that hasn't been manufactured by salty fans. The voters saw that there was no evidence and voted accordingly.

Unfortunately, the “character clause” is part of the HOF guidelines. I wish it wasn’t. It’s stupid to determine the character of people we don’t know.

I don’t think PED users are necessarily bad characters. I do think domestic abusers are bad characters (that includes Bonds).

If I had a ballot, I just would not vote.
Then they should take out guys like Gaylord Perry, Whitey Ford and Cap Anson, among others.

DH is not a position.

I agree it became a weapon in the 80s & 90s and some relics like ortiz held onto it into the 00s, but basically a pure DH with a roid cloud should not get in on 1st ballot.

we all knew he was getting in or should, as you know im pro bonds, so i cant be anti ortiz. to that fact, Manny was better.

arias should not be in that class of HOFers.
DH is a position because baseball says it is, just like relief pitching.

Last edited:
Those of you pushing Rolen over Ortiz for the HoF have taken leave of your senses.

In his entire career Rolen finished once in the top ten for MVP voting. Ortiz had seven finishes in the top ten and six of those finishes were in the top six. Looking at the postseason stats shows Ortiz with a .947 OPS with 17 HRs and 61 RBIs while in 10 postseason series Rolen had an OPS of .678 with 5 dingers and 12 RBI. It's quite possible the Red Sox do not win any of their three world championships (2004, 2007 and 2013) without Ortiz in the lineup. Nobody comes close to Ortiz in terms of postseason production over the last two decades. Oh btw he drove in nearly 500 more runs while hitting more than 225 dingers than Rolen. Nuts.
Ortiz is fine. I’m just saying Rolen deserves it too. He’s a big reason his teams got as far as they did and he played elite defense at 3rd. That counts for something.

Ortiz is fine. I’m just saying Rolen deserves it too. He’s a big reason his teams got as far as they did and he played elite defense at 3rd. That counts for something.
Rolen was a damn good player. Just don't think he's quite HoF worthy.

There's no roid cloud over Ortiz that hasn't been manufactured by salty fans. The voters saw that there was no evidence and voted accordingly.
The roid case against Ortiz is incredibly weak. He was tested extensively over the last decade plus of his career and they came up with nothing. Meanwhile he was banging out 40 dingers in his late 30s. The whole case against a roid cheater is that he's gaining an advantage by taking the roids. Ortiz demonstrably proved that he didn't need the roids to be an elite hitter. Look what happened to ARod after he got caught as his #s fell sharply. Same with several other players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom