2022 NFL Thread | Page 55 | Syracusefan.com

2022 NFL Thread

The Eagles might be undefeated going to New York in December.
I hope they are. Would make for a fun and hyped up game as long as the Giants can keep progressing.

Philly looks solid, but maybe some Beamer VT Hokies schedule vibes?

Giants are getting crushed by injuries as per usual, but played their best game and beat the best/2nd best team they’ve played with a ton of nobodies in key spots.

Coaching staff is doing a heck of a job. Hoping we can keep winning enough to stay in the mix, and get Leonard Williams back and….maybe a contribution from a healthy Toney or second round pick Robinson? Amazing that we’re 4-1 with these WR’s.

I don’t care what the fantasy stats are….Jones made one horrific decision in week 1, and otherwise has been rock solid.

Barkley is MVP material. OLine is at least run blocking better. Dexter Lawrence and McKinney are becoming studs and Thibodeaux looks good - definitely have some building blocks in place on defense.

This guy is a total scumbag POS.

I can’t believe that I’m defending Brady.

Gotta be something seriously wrong with him.

I’m sure a lot of players have petty beefs with each other, but nobody acts like that.

I’m more and more buying into the theory that the hit against the Bengals basically destroyed his brain.

I must have posted this in the wrong thread. Oops.

Anyway, G-men just doing whatever it takes to get the dub. Some use the turnover chain as incentive while others...

By the way, this just in...
Deshaun Watson has just requested a trade from the Browns to the Giants.

I must have posted this in the wrong thread. Oops.

Anyway, G-men just doing whatever it takes to get the dub. Some use the turnover chain as incentive while others...

By the way, this just in...
Deshaun Watson has just requested a trade from the Browns to the Giants.

Requesting a trade while being suspended from team you have never played for. Well that's something

Gotta be something seriously wrong with him.

I’m sure a lot of players have petty beefs with each other, but nobody acts like that.

I’m more and more buying into the theory that the hit against the Bengals basically destroyed his brain.
Dude is a complete idiot.

After week 1 as a boys fan I would have completely agreed. Now with the Eagles banged up line against the best Dallas pass rush I've seen in a long time will be interesting. Kearse being back now as well tightens things up on the back end.
Fair point on the Eagles OL. They are banged up though I don't think any of them are long term injuries, at least as of right now. They do have quality depth which helps. The key injury is LT Jordan Mailata. When he and Lane Johnson are healthy it's hard for any edge rusher to get past them. Kelce is obviously important as well but it takes a high powered elephant rifle to get him off the field.

And Zac Taylor continues to demonstrate he's the worst coach in the league. Also Tirico and Collinsworth way overselling Bengal time outs at the end. Math is your friend.

And Zac Taylor continues to demonstrate he's the worst coach in the league. Also Tirico and Collinsworth way overselling Bengal time outs at the end. Math is your friend.

Bengals should be 4-1 minimum.

They’ve got 10-7 and miss the playoffs on a tie breaker while having return to the Super Bowl talent, written all over them.

Bengals should be 4-1 minimum.

They’ve got 10-7 and miss the playoffs on a tie breaker while having return to the Super Bowl talent, written all over them.

The Bengals were lightning in a bottle last year. Their flaws were always there but sometimes things just go your way and you get hot at the right time.

They are a lot more like an 8-9 or 9-8 team than a contender. Burrow is still solid but that line is a mess. Mixon looks like he is starting to hit that wall you see with all but a very few RBs anymore when they get to seasons 5 and on.

You can go after both and it's right.
This is absolute gold level trolling
Hats off to AB
And I freaking haaaaaate AB
But credit where credit is due

Maybe the Cards should have kept that “studying”
Clause in Kylers contract

Lesson 1: dont spike the ball on 3rd and 1 when you have time for about 4 more plays to win the game.

The Bengals were lightning in a bottle last year. Their flaws were always there but sometimes things just go your way and you get hot at the right time.

They are a lot more like an 8-9 or 9-8 team than a contender. Burrow is still solid but that line is a mess. Mixon looks like he is starting to hit that wall you see with all but a very few RBs anymore when they get to seasons 5 and on.
Mixon's problem is the same as Burrow's: the OL can't get the job done.

It seems to me their playbook is about 3 plays. Go Deep, go short or halfback dive. Very Vanilla for someone who’s been with Shanahan and McVay.

Last edited:
It seems to me their playbook is about 3 plays. Go Deep, go short or halfback dive. Very Vanilla for someone who’s been with Shanahan and McVay.
Exactly - OL was not the problem last night. Burrow had time and has leveled off. Even completions are not accurate and the word is out - if they line up under center its a run as Burrow either can't or won't do play action, and at the goal line Taylor thinks you get points for trick plays. The reverse and shuttle pass on their second to last drive where they got no points was the game. The Taylor contract extension was a killer that is going to slow the franchise for years because the Brown family refuses to fire anyone.

Mixon's problem is the same as Burrow's: the OL can't get the job done.

He also isn't running nearly as hard. I don't disagree with your point but it fits the trends with backs these days too. Zeke Elliot the same.

Cincinnati is going to regret the L’ael Collins signing. He was done last year in Dallas.

Yep. Even before last year he was a walking penalty. So much talent but dude is lazy.

He also isn't running nearly as hard. I don't disagree with your point but it fits the trends with backs these days too. Zeke Elliot the same.
Agree on Elliott, and the word is certainly out on that. During yesterday's game one of the announcers described him as "still serviceable between the tackles" but that Pollard was their new bell cow. I wonder who's going to give Jerry the news. :)

I only watched about one quarter of the game, but in that time I saw Jackson miss two wide open touchdown passes. He’s supposed to be elite? I don’t see it.

Burrow had a couple of huge games late in the regular season against Baltimore and KC, but, IMO, he was nothing special in the playoffs (and Cincinnati's point & yard production in the playoffs reflected as much). That's carried over into this season.

If Burrow is as good as he's said to be, with those weapons, the Bengals should be putting up 25-30 PPG.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom